The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry unit 1 resit May 27th 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Randomer98
I don't think the grade bounderies will be higher due 'to a higher ratio of people who are better at chemistry' because our years lot of A/A* students wouldn't have resat, only very few with low/mid A's would have as a strategic resit ... So this year there's fewer people who are better at Chem
Plus a lot of people who's got D's and lower who will find it really hard to push up their grade significantly esp with pressure of a2 because the only thing that overlaps in Chem 1 is periodicity, so in that sense it will be lower

im p*ssed i think ive lost 11 which is 59 what ums is that i need 82ums btw for 240 ums

im camping 10 days for the ms to be released
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Sniperdon227
im p*ssed i think ive lost 11 which is 59 what ums is that i need 82ums btw for 240 ums

im camping 10 days for the ms to be released

Tbh it's out 70 and 100 ums it can't really change by a lot
59 last year was 83 ums
Btw u can find that out by googling aqa ums calculator and u can see the ums for the different years too
I know but even if 68/69 was 100UMS it would offer me insurance I beg 100UMS is not exactly 70
Original post by emsieMC
You get one mark for balancing and one for figuring out the other product made I think

Ah that makes sense thankyou :smile:
Hopefully grade boundaries are in 50's (possibly 54/55), it deffo wont shoot up to 60 right since we are all A2? Its more confusing coz we r the last batch how they will do it
Hopefully 70 isnt 100UMS
Posted from TSR Mobile

Can someone pm me? Need to ask few things
Original post by _leenz
For the third last question I divided by 1000 instead of multiplying. So I got a mass of 1.065kg. How many marks do you think I lost?

aaaaa me tooo :frown:((((
Original post by kattara6
aaaaa me tooo :frown:((((

i think you lose two marks out of the three because all youve done is a wrong conversion
Original post by Karatekid Shiva
same here!!!!!! I got 24.6%. :/

Classic AQA with their trick questions. Hopefully we get a couple of the marks.
i cannot believe some of the retarded mistakes i made

for some reason i counted 4 methyl groups and put 2,2,4,4tetramethylpentane like wtffffff
and then i got the empirical formula wrong like how man that was the easiest bit of the whole ****ing alevel
then i only dropped like a couple more so i hope i can still get an A but feel so ****ing **** about that
Original post by emma_1111
I got 24.6 also

I got 49.3% cuz u have to convert from kg to g
Is there a mark scheme anywhere?
Did anyone else put 173 degrees as the bond angle in SF4?
Well I've completely failed that exam. :/
Original post by im.a.witch
Well I've completely failed that exam. :/

You've still got unit 4 and 5 to smash!! You can do it:h:
Where's the Chem 2 thread?
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-CHEM4-W-QP-JAN11.PDF
Can anyone explain to me how to work out question 3a? The answers are 0.07 for methanol and 0.24 for hydrogen.
Original post by kattara6
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-CHEM4-W-QP-JAN11.PDF
Can anyone explain to me how to work out question 3a? The answers are 0.07 for methanol and 0.24 for hydrogen.

CO+ 2H2. ~ CH3OH
Initial Moles. 0.240. 0.380. 0
Moles at eq. 0.170. 0.240 0.070

Moles that reacted of CO: 0.240-0.170=0.070
Ratio of CO and product formed CH3OH is 1:1 so moles at equilibrum is 0.070,if it was 1CO:2CH3OH you would multiply by 2.
For H2 0.70 reacts with 2moles H2 so 2x0.070=0.140.
To get whats left at equilibrium subtract from initial H2 moles(0.380-0.140=0.240)
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE="haj101;65591155"]You've still got unit 4 and 5 to smash!! You can do it:h:[/QUOTE Pffft yeah I smashed it alright, NOT :frown:
[QUOTE="hugo13;65897654"]
Original post by haj101
You've still got unit 4 and 5 to smash!! You can do it:h:[/QUOTE Pffft yeah I smashed it alright, NOT :frown:

Yeah well I feel the same and so does majority of the students with that unit 4 paper- still not recovered from it :redface:
Hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower iA :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest