The Student Room Group

Shoes for work experience

Hi all,

I'm doing a week's work experience with a barrister after my exams so I'm trying to get an idea of what to wear for it. I've already got a couple of suitable outfits and I'm getting my Sixth Form suit during this half term, but that leaves footwear.

Do you have any idea of what kind of shoe would be appropriate for this? I'm looking for something black and smart which would look good with a suit and be appropriate in a court or legal environment. I don't want anything with a heel - especially since I'll be walking a lot - and they need to be comfortable. If it helps to know, I'm 16 years old and look quite young for my age.

I have a couple of ideas; I'm just wondering if they'll be smart (and comfortable) enough:
(But without the tassels)
I think those look perfect tbh :yep:
If you're getting your sixth form suit and planning on wearing that during work experience then I would aim to buy some shoes to go to sixth form in and just wear them to work experience. That way you'll pick something comfy and they'll look smart because they're school shoes and will go well with your suit and with other smart clothes. You can get school shoes and work experience shoes in one go!

Lot of people at my sixth form wear those style of shoes so they must be pretty trendy and everyone always looks smart so I say go with that style if you like them.
Reply 3
Original post by Charlotte.P
If you're getting your sixth form suit and planning on wearing that during work experience then I would aim to buy some shoes to go to sixth form in and just wear them to work experience. That way you'll pick something comfy and they'll look smart because they're school shoes and will go well with your suit and with other smart clothes. You can get school shoes and work experience shoes in one go!

Lot of people at my sixth form wear those style of shoes so they must be pretty trendy and every looks smart so I say go with that style if you like them.

Thanks for the response! :h::h:

The trouble is, I've already got shoes for Sixth Form. I needed to buy new school shoes, so I got ones that would last me until the end of school. However, they're not right for a suit as they're Ecco shoes so they just don't fit the look, unfortunately.

Thanks for the input and advice, though!
Original post by Banana00
Thanks for the response! :h::h:

The trouble is, I've already got shoes for Sixth Form. I needed to buy new school shoes, so I got ones that would last me until the end of school. However, they're not right for a suit as they're Ecco shoes so they just don't fit the look, unfortunately.

Thanks for the input and advice, though!

That's a shame, I'm sure your school sure are great though. I would still say to go for the shoes in your original post, they look really smart and I'm sure they will go great with the rest of your clothes for work experience.
Reply 5
Original post by Charlotte.P
That's a shame, I'm sure your school sure are great though. I would still say to go for the shoes in your original post, they look really smart and I'm sure they will go great with the rest of your clothes for work experience.

Thank you for your thoughts - so kind and helpful. :h::h:
Reply 6
Original post by homeland.lsw
I think those look perfect tbh :yep:

Thanks for the help! :h::h:
Original post by Banana00
Thanks for the help! :h::h:

no problem and good luck with your work experience :smile:
I've done work experience with a barrister myself - these shoes will be fine.

its unlikely people will mind that much, regardless of what shoes you wear as long as they're black & formal
Reply 9
Original post by homeland.lsw
no problem and good luck with your work experience :smile:

Thank you! :h::h:
Hi, If you are a professional then it is good to wear formal and doesn't need to worry about buying a suit. But avoid revealing clothes. Because of I also prefer smart trousers and a smart t-shirt and top with indestructible shoes. This shoes are comfortable and little weighted shoes and always fit with any dress. My office mates informed about that I bought, from one year I am continuously using these shoes.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending