The Student Room Group

How did you feel after taking the maths exam?

I found it good so i felt happy when i came out the exam hall but there were people at my school who came out the hall crying :redface:
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Original post by s.mo
I found it good so i felt happy when i came out the exam hall but there were people at my school who came out the hall crying :redface:

I was one of those people crying aha, then I checked the early mark schemes and calmed down bc I hadn't dropped half as many marks as I thought I had.

I've really improved my grade this year from a high C to a low A*, so I really, really want that A* and I think that's why I cried bc it meant so much to me. Ngl, I still thought it was difficult, some really unexpected stuff came up.

(I'm Edexcel, btw :smile:)
Reply 3
Original post by CaptErin
I was one of those people crying aha, then I checked the early mark schemes and calmed down bc I hadn't dropped half as many marks as I thought I had.

I've really improved my grade this year from a high C to a low A*, so I really, really want that A* and I think that's why I cried bc it meant so much to me. Ngl, I still thought it was difficult, some really unexpected stuff came up.

(I'm Edexcel, btw :smile:)

im doing edexcel aswell :biggrin: i would look at the unofficial markscheme but i forgot half the answers i put down and it would just stress me lol. I think i did good so ill just work hard for the next paper.
You should try revising all the topics from mathsgenie, It REALLY helps and you can watch a video on a topic and then do exam questions that have come up before and then mark it. I was familiar with alot of the stuff that came up cos of that website
Original post by s.mo

I never come out of exams crying lol, but there was quite a mix at my school. Some found it easy and others found it alright/difficult. I found it in between alright and difficult if you know what I mean, I certainly didn't find it easy!

People were talking about the answers and I was like "sh*t I didn't get any of that.." but I looked at the worked solutions and I did alright actually... I made some stupid mistakes though - I made a mistake on the tree diagram one - multiplying the wrong numbers together for some strange reason, also on the two way table (I somehow got 14, and I knew it was incorrect, but I just wrote it anyway/couldn't be bothered to improve which is really bad actually..)

I estimated around 67 which is amazing for me! On the past papers I did/exams I usually get between 55 and 75 so I would be happy if I actually did get 67 - but it was really estimating the amount of method marks I would get for some of them...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending