The Student Room Group

What are some subjects you're happy never have to do again?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Maths and Science!
Reply 161
English!
Also not a fan of biology.
Religion and Philosophy. The worst lessons about the worst subject! (in my opinion)
Reply 163
I'm so glad to see the behind of Art, the most time consuming and annoying subject known to man. If you're reading this and you're choosing GCSE's DO NOT CHOOSE IT. One of my friends is the best artist in the class, and even she is glad to get rid of the subject!
it was a long time ago now but at the time business (its of maths which i just plain couldn't do.

History (not actually history just the bits i had to study i much prefer the Egyptians Romans etc or world or WW1&2)

french i just plain couldn't do it
English literature, computing science and religious studies.
Original post by Emsy4
I'm so glad to see the behind of Art, the most time consuming and annoying subject known to man. If you're reading this and you're choosing GCSE's DO NOT CHOOSE IT. One of my friends is the best artist in the class, and even she is glad to get rid of the subject!

I totally agree. Even though I have the quality to do A-grade drawings, their obsession with quantity over quality (and me starting halfway through year 10) got me an F.

My teacher was VERY hands on. Even thought it was supposed to be independent, she changed my Final piece from a normal collage of this:
image 11.jpg
To this...thing.(Teach marked it a 15 out of 20, without strand 1 got C2)
Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
English language, english literature, music, spanish, geography
Physics
Economics

I was terrible at both, and so glad that I do not have to study them anymore! :smile:
Biochemistry. 'Nuff said, I'll be happy to scrape a 2.2 and never see it again
Media Studies
Reply 171
Original post by Rajive
Media

Me too. The most boring subject I have ever had to study. Why is it even taught in schools?
Reply 172
Original post by lovTT
Me too. The most boring subject I have ever had to study. Why is it even taught in schools?

So boring, the thing is, if you wanted to do it at a level, you don't even need it at GCSE you just need English language?
Original post by aarora
Government and Politics and History - the most boring subjects ever.

Yea politics sucks,
You AQA?
I don't care how the exam went, i'm just so happy i never have to do literature again!
Reply 175
Definitely chemistry, I took it as an A-level and the poor teaching, constant stress and the absolute slog of a year to just scrape a C was enough of that subject to last a lifetime. It also completely ruined my lifelong dream of studying medicine so there's that too.
French and English Literature. Thankfully these are two of the first subjects I finished, I would have hated to revise them for any longer.
1. Eng Lit
2. RE
3. Biology
creative writing and pshre
Reply 179
English lit

Quick Reply

Latest