The Student Room Group

Why the hell did everyone cheat on today's GCSE using Mr Bruff?

You will be penalised by the exam board. It may well be A* analysis but after the examiner sees the same pieces repeatedly, you'll be downgraded to a B or a C.

You're not A* candidates.
What exam is this and what's Mr Bruff?
Reply 2
is it ever that deep? Mr bruff makes predictions and exemplars every year. Your choice to watch them.
Reply 3
Original post by Leicester City
You will be penalised by the exam board. It may well be A* analysis but after the examiner sees the same pieces repeatedly, you'll be downgraded to a B or a C.

You saying people bought the guide into the exam - how is that possible lol?
Reply 4
Mr Bruff is a YT channel, and wut do u mean by cheat?? Did he predict the questions, or give an exemplar? Remember, it is a huge exam, especially as it is AQA English lit, so don't worry about what others get.

No they won't, if it's A* worthy they'll get A*s. Grade boundaries may be higher but examiners would never mark like that, they'll mark based on the mark scheme
By this you mean the analysis he made of To His Coy Mistress and In Paris with You?
I watched that video as well, but I have crap memory so I couldn't remember any of his coy mistress points and made them up myself comparing it with a different poem. Thank god :biggrin:
Reply 7

Cheating? Do you think reading revision guides is cheating as well?

EDIT: Aren't you the person that created the thread saying you won't revise for you GCSEs? Sounds like you should have :unsure:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
lol cheating? there is a* analysis's of every single poem on youtube. Just because his came out the night before is not cheating. The answers to every single maths equation is online but it is just lucky on what comes up on the day. Yes he predicted but that isnt to say he knew it was going to come up. It is called prediction for a reason.
Reply 9
But to be honest I notice this is the same person who said they were not going to revise so....
mr bruff is used as a guide. it's almost like your teachers providing you with analytical notes on poems/prose. the whole class will probably use similar points in their essays, but are they penalised? no!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course I'm revising; I don't want to face **** grades like yours.

you don't have to be so rude..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like you're jealous of those who used Mr Bruff (whatever it is)!
hahahahahha, it's called revision. How dare people read the wholeeee text book and get good marks.. HOW DARE THEY!
Reply 14

A* candidates are not students who roll up without any prior preparation and smash the exam, especially when it comes to poetry.

As far as I'm concerned, such candidates use all their resources to their advantage and go into the exam hall as prepared as possible

Using resources is not cheating, if it was the exam boards will disallow all revision guides, revision sites. past papers and even teachers (since they are a resource)
Doesn't matter - Marks need to be awarded if the answer is correct/if the analysis is up to scratch anyway. Chances are if everyone got good marks for using this "Mr Bruff" guy then boundaries are going to shoot up anyway.
Reply 16
I think Mrbruff is a great resource and his videos are very helpful. The fact that people use his videos as a revision tool/to give them a couple points in an exam doesnt mean they arent A* students. I very much doubt that anyone/many people managed to memorise his entire exemplar the night before and copy it out the next day. Even if they borrowed the basic points and developed them on their own they wont get marked down - examiners see really similar content all the time in an exam, doesnt mean anyone will get marked down, it just means people had similar ideas.

Quick Reply

Latest