The Student Room Group

why is not liking some groups wrong???

like i don't like arabs, they seem like bullies and stuff.
and nigerians are rough,and boisterous. i dislike them. and they both like to pick on people they think are "smart" only since they hate that thing (hence their backwardness...)

but then "society" says it's wrong to dislike other groups. when did this trend come in?
Reply 1
are they even that many arabs in england??
it's wrong because you haven't met all of them and by saying that you are stereotyping all arabs which is the thing that's wrong.
Original post by craymonDAX
like i don't like arabs, they seem like bullies and stuff.
and nigerians are rough,and boisterous. i dislike them. and they both like to pick on people they think are "smart" only since they hate that thing (hence their backwardness...)

but then "society" says it's wrong to dislike other groups. when did this trend come in?

You're generalising a whole race due to stereotypes.
And you ask why that's wrong, LOL.
Reply 4
Original post by Kyle Elward
it's wrong because you haven't met all of them and by saying that you are stereotyping all arabs which is the thing that's wrong.

i believe it's right. there's no reason why it shouldn't be.
Reply 5
Original post by LastMinReviseGuy
You're generalising a whole race due to stereotypes.
And you ask why that's wrong, LOL.

and? it's human to do so.
and? it's human to do so.

Wow. You're justifying your reason to dislike a complete group of people just because of stereotypes. Yes, it's human to have stereotypes but not good to not try and change them.
Reply 7
Original post by Namita Gurung
Wow. You're justifying your reason to dislike a complete group of people just because of stereotypes. Yes, it's human to have stereotypes but not good to not try and change them.

I disagree, anything goes in life.

Unfortunately.
Surely some traits are very common among certain cultures and one can make a rough hypothetical judgement based on it- although to be sure you need to know the person individually.
And when one says I don't like say group X, I think it is quite a valid point given that we suppose that it refers to "typical , common characterization" of people of a group and not every single representative.
Reply 10
Original post by Namita Gurung
Unfortunately.

so if anything goes, this includes prejudice.
Original post by d_a99

No there isn't that many Arabs in England. There are so many asians though like people from Pakistan, India and Bangladeshi.

So in other words, you made a post asking why something is wrong, and then dismissed out of hand any standards for measuring right and wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by d_a99

no lol, the OP has probably met 3 in his lifetime haha.
Reply 14
Because the oiks behind being PC believe its acceptable to wipe their heineys with free speech.
Reply 15
Original post by d_a99

hunny just go to Central London - we're everywhere :colone: we don't bite :wink:
The funny thing about is you dislike a group of people based on assumptions and I doubt you actually meet a Nigerian or Arab upclose and personal. How many Arab or Nigerians have you befriended or talked to as a person?

Quick Reply

Latest