The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

War studies in adjustment??

Hi guys,

I have only recently found out the amazing War Studies degree in King's and it seems very attractive. My AS grades were AAAC in maths, fm, music and physics (gonna retake this summer). I am currently predicted A*A*A*a (a for AS physics retake) and registered to do STEP 2&3. I have already got an offer from King's (insurance) to do maths.

I only applied for maths degree because I'm good at it, and now I'm really looking forward to do war studies as this is more relevant to my dream.

I have found out that war studies didn't ask for any specific subjects so I have ringed the admission office asking for adjustment process. But they didn't say anything helpful in stead of "plz ring us on the results day blah blah blah".

Does anyone know how realistic it is to get into KCL to do War Studies through clearing/adjustment. Cuz I can't find any stats for the past years.

Many Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Plz I just want to know does WS ever in adjustment?? I know maths does, but I really want to know WS for sure as if it is not I will start to plan a gap year.

Can somebody help me plz.

Many thanks!!!!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hi there,

I'm gonna be studying International Relations in Sept, so a very similar course from the same department, so I think my experience might help.

When I was taking my A2s, I was predicted AAB but they wanted AAA, and so King's rejected me. But I knew I was gonna do better than AAB, and was right because in the end, I got A*AA - as I had a good feeling after taking my A2 exams I rang them up to ask if they've ever taken an IR student through adjustment, and the words she used were 'never in living memory'. (So I took a gap year and reapplied ofc, I wasn't gonna take no for an answer haha)

So I wouldn't get your hopes up about adjustment, given their response to me

Hope this helps
Reply 3
Original post by VanguardViper
Hi there,

I'm gonna be studying International Relations in Sept, so a very similar course from the same department, so I think my experience might help.

When I was taking my A2s, I was predicted AAB but they wanted AAA, and so King's rejected me. But I knew I was gonna do better than AAB, and was right because in the end, I got A*AA - as I had a good feeling after taking my A2 exams I rang them up to ask if they've ever taken an IR student through adjustment, and the words she used were 'never in living memory'. (So I took a gap year and reapplied ofc, I wasn't gonna take no for an answer haha)

So I wouldn't get your hopes up about adjustment, given their response to me

Hope this helps

Thank u sooooo mcuh!!! I really appreciate for ur reply. But I'm still hoping for some possibilities as war studies is so much less popular than IR, as far as I know. Anyway, I'll wait and see xx

Quick Reply

Latest