The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A 2016 unofficial mark scheme 27/05/16

Scroll to see replies

Paper 2 is going to be ALOT harder for sure, or else grade boundaries will be very low I think. They could have made it so much more difficult.
Reply 161
Suggestions for predicted content in Depth paper?
All I have currently is definitely IR and mass spec
Original post by Bosssman
Suggestions for predicted content in Depth paper?
All I have currently is definitely IR and mass spec

Im guessing 12 marker on EF, mass spec and IR aswell.. Also I think they'll do a hydrolysis mechanism and a big question on ionisation trends. Boltzmann distribution also will come up Im pretty sure
Original post by jadeemma
I got -19.5 ... Didn't you have to times the number of moles by three?

That's what I got, a lot of people have said 58 thought but hopefully we are right
you don't times by 3 as ki was in "excess" you only calculate the moles of the limiting factor.
I think I got around 58 on that paper. What do you think is needed for an A?
Does anyone remember the MCQ's?
What do you guys think the grade boundaries are going to be like?
If you write under the lines but within the margin, is it ok?
This was a nice paper but I still did crap - I counted about 40 to 45 mark. Having reviewed the MC unofficial markscheme, I screwed them up
Original post by simply_a_ Δ
This was a nice paper but I still did crap - I counted about 40 to 45 mark. Having reviewed the MC unofficial markscheme, I screwed them up

I am not sure about writing under the lines but I do know they gave a lined sheet at the end for extra writing where you had to clearly lable the question.
I always write under the lines, I hope it's okay, I think it is bc there's nothing to say you can't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 171
Got 57 which is either a high b or a low a. On last years boundaries that would be an A but on one of the tougher yars that would be a high b. We will have to wait and see! Btw, for the q regarding how you could decrease the % error, could U say that you could use a measuring device with a greater precision i.e less than 0.005. It is technically correct but would OCR accept this?
Original post by simply_a_ Δ

Me too!! seeing the unofficial mark scheme has really put a doubt in my mind on how well ive done
Do you think the last answer would accept Mg(OH)2 as a reagent?
Original post by X_IDE_sidf
Concentration in equilibrium question: 0.876 moldm^-3

I never got that I don't think

Kc=SO32221.6K_c = \frac{|SO_3|^2}{|2|^2|1.6|} cannot remember KcK_c

KC was 0.16 not sure if this is too late or not
what grade would be 44 marks?
Original post by BenAtkinson
Im guessing 12 marker on EF, mass spec and IR aswell.. Also I think they'll do a hydrolysis mechanism and a big question on ionisation trends. Boltzmann distribution also will come up Im pretty sure

Pv=nRT
Also definitions
71% at 50 marks so hopefully a B which I will take 1000000000000% because I got an E in my latest mocks running up to the exam!

that's assuming 15/20 on multiple choice because I thought it was pretty easy but probably made some silly errors as per usual :h:
Original post by theguywhosaidhi
71% at 50 marks so hopefully a B which I will take 1000000000000% because I got an E in my latest mocks running up to the exam!

that's assuming 15/20 on multiple choice because I thought it was pretty easy but probably made some silly errors as per usual :h:

so 44 would be a high c?
It was a decent paper next one will be hard though. I have a few questions:

1. My calculator gave me 3.97x10^22 instead of 3.98 will i lose a mark?

2. I said use a higher resolution top pan balance to reduce percentage error which it actually does?

3. I said heat again until mass does not change. is this enough detail?

4. I got 3.33 for the conc. of KI will they accept this?

5. I USED 3+ INSTEAD OF +3, DO THEY MARK DOWN FOR THIS?

sorry for the questions but a bit worried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending