The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Marcus Ripe Frog.
Original post by difeo
The evidence is the number of shots he gets in a team with 40 goals, extrapolate that to the number of shots he'll have in a Mourinho team with 70+, plus the improvement from aging

Only 2 or 3 players have ever reached 30 so need to use that as a standard

Strong extrapolation

Improvement from ageing and extrapolation from a fairly small sample size is based on hope and expectation rather than fact. Pls don't bait me anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 143
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Strong extrapolation

Improvement from ageing and extrapolation from a fairly small sample size is based on fact and expectation rather than fact. Pls don't bait me anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

fact and expectation rather than fact

If you made a post that makes sense I might be able to give a response
Original post by difeo
fact and expectation rather than fact

If you made a post that makes sense I might be able to give a response

Strong edit of my post after I edited a comma into it to make it incoherent

Thoughts on me reking u and my recent misc post

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 145
Strong edit of my post after I edited a comma into it to make it incoherent

Thoughts on me reking u and my recent misc post

Posted from TSR Mobile

brb edit was 2 minutes after my post

Strong extrapolation

Improvement from ageing and extrapolation from a fairly small sample size is based on hope and expectation rather than fact. Pls don't bait me anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So exactly the same as what you're doing with shot conversion lol
Strikers generally don't maintain such a high shot conversion, they also generally get a lot better as they get older than 18 and they score more in more attacking teams
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by difeo
brb edit was 2 minutes after my post

So exactly the same as what you're doing with shot conversion lol
Strikers generally don't maintain such a high shot conversion, they also generally get a lot better as they get older than 18 and they score more in more attacking teams

Coincidence

Which is why I'm not the one setting an estimate on his goal output, I'm just urging caution to those who already have. It's not like I'm saying he can't improve to a 30 goal a season striker (Kane is the perfect example of defying previous statistics), just that we've seen little to suggest that he will so far.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 147
Coincidence

Which is why I'm not the one setting an estimate on his goal output, I'm just urging caution to those who already have. It's not like I'm saying he can't improve to a 30 goal a season striker (Kane is the perfect example of defying previous statistics), just that we've seen little to suggest that he will so far.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

You said "there's no evidence to suggest he'll be a 30 a year striker". I'm showing the evidence (not of him being a 30 a year striker as that's too high, but of being a top goalscorer).
Enjoying this battle :biggrin:

<Insert black guy eating popcorn gif >
As much as I really want moriniho to fail.. I just cant see it.

Trying to convince myself that he is past it, and wont win.. but lets be honest, I fully expect you guys to challenge for the title next season.

As long as you guys spend, and city spend.. as I am sure you both will.. then I cant see anything but:

United / City 1st + 2nd
Gap
Chelsea / Arsenal
Very small Gap
Liverpool / Spurs / Leicster / Southampton

Think chelsea will be much improved, and back to their old self, but wont really challenge for the title. Solid top4 spot though, and back to challenging for titles the season after.

Can see this being another season where the gap between 3rd and 7th is very close, with a really tight top4 race.
Original post by fallen_acorns
As much as I really want moriniho to fail.. I just cant see it.

Trying to convince myself that he is past it, and wont win.. but lets be honest, I fully expect you guys to challenge for the title next season.

As long as you guys spend, and city spend.. as I am sure you both will.. then I cant see anything but:

United / City 1st + 2nd
Gap
Chelsea / Arsenal
Very small Gap
Liverpool / Spurs / Leicster / Southampton

Think chelsea will be much improved, and back to their old self, but wont really challenge for the title. Solid top4 spot though, and back to challenging for titles the season after.

Can see this being another season where the gap between 3rd and 7th is very close, with a really tight top4 race.

I think we will finish 4th. I have no faith in Wenger at all.
Rashford did his chances no harm at all last night - but Hodgson maintains that Sturridge will be fit, so I think it's unlikely he'll go. But what a dream start to his England career. He took his goal really well - and Rooney's finish was blistering.
Big clubs on this planet simply do not finish below their noisy neighbours!
Reply 153
Original post by atom y humber

weak bait is weak
Original post by atom y humber

That Real Madrid are not a big club is an obvious corollary
CjiW38lWsAAYeZT.jpg

Lol, which of you said we should keep Jones on at RB, congrats, you deserve your column inches.
Original post by difeo
weak bait is weak

Are we gonna act like Moyes wouldn't still be here if you had your way

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That Bearded Man

Lol, which of you said we should keep Jones on at RB, congrats, you deserve your column inches.

was me hehe, but I said Varane instead of Stones.

Stones is a fraud, and will get found out real quick (he already has been found out tho).
Original post by That Bearded Man
CjiW38lWsAAYeZT.jpg

Trying to Jones' into a shitter version of Ivanovic is pretty much my worst nightmare.
Original post by mojojojo101
Trying to Jones' into a shitter version of Ivanovic is pretty much my worst nightmare.

Not happening. Jones can't stay fit for more than 5 games.

Latest