The Student Room Group

IGCSE Geography Edexcel Thread

This is the official Geography Thread for the 24th May 2016 IGCSE 3 hour exam
Reply 1
Awesome :smile:
what are the case studies we need to know for the exam?
Original post by chumzy99
Awesome :smile:
what are the case studies we need to know for the exam?

It depends which topic you are doing
Who though the exam today was really strange? That 9 mark question about discussing the role of urban planners really threw me, I can even find it in the course book...
Reply 4
I thought the exam went okay. Looking back at it now I wish I had added a few things but overall I think it was average. What did you put for the 9 mark question in the River environments section? I got confused and I'm pretty sure I wrote something irrelevant. :/
Original post by mols99
I thought the exam went okay. Looking back at it now I wish I had added a few things but overall I think it was average. What did you put for the 9 mark question in the River environments section? I got confused and I'm pretty sure I wrote something irrelevant. :/

Maybe, for the most part it was okay I guess, thinking back on it, it just seemed really bad at the time. what was the river question again, I've forgotten, lol.
Reply 6
Original post by JessicaAsh
Maybe, for the most part it was okay I guess, thinking back on it, it just seemed really bad at the time. what was the river question again, I've forgotten, lol.

I feel the exact same! I didn't find the fieldwork questions that easy. Now the exam is over, I keep forgetting the questions too haha. The question was about the water system and the demand from people or something? I can't remember, oh well. Hoping for low grade boundaries! 😅
Reply 7
Original post by mols99
I feel the exact same! I didn't find the fieldwork questions that easy. Now the exam is over, I keep forgetting the questions too haha. The question was about the water system and the demand from people or something? I can't remember, oh well. Hoping for low grade boundaries! 😅

It was something like discuss how water supply is managed to satisfy demand
Don't u guys think the paper was a bit tough compared to the previous years!?? wat do u say @JessiaAsh
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mols99

Oh yeah, I remember. I thought that one was okay. I put in about the reservoirs in wetter areas in the UK then piping it to areas of deficit but about how its expensive, then water storage systems in high density areas to make use of all the water they get then personal things people can do to use less water. Hopefully I was on the right track!
Original post by VashHoneyBunny
Don't u guys think the paper was a bit tough compared to the previous years!?? wat do u say @JessiaAsh

Yeah, I definitely thought so, before they put the fieldwork into the separate section it was even easier as well judging by the past papers I did. Also on the fieldwork I kind of felt cheated strangely, usually they ask almost exactly the same Q's for fieldwork each year, draw a graph, explain why you chose this graph, health and safety, etc but this year it was quite different.
Original post by mols99

Hi! I wrote about managing water demand in England and Wales- All about south east England and how its water supply was managed..
According to you, how was the paper in general?
Reply 12
Yeah, I definitely thought so, before they put the fieldwork into the separate section it was even easier as well judging by the past papers I did. Also on the fieldwork I kind of felt cheated strangely, usually they ask almost exactly the same Q's for fieldwork each year, draw a graph, explain why you chose this graph, health and safety, etc but this year it was quite different.

I feel the same, I had prepared for the fieldwork but it was so different to previous years so now I think I did badly 😔
Reply 13
Who though the exam today was really strange? That 9 mark question about discussing the role of urban planners really threw me, I can even find it in the course book...

The case study was on the London Docklands :smile:
Original post by mads987
The case study was on the London Docklands :smile:

Oh, that's a pleasant surprise. I did that case study but I though it was strange wording, or was that just me?
I think the 9 mark for river environment has something to do with the England and Wales Kielder Project Casestudy......Since it is about water deficit vs Supply.
Original post by Thavee_J
I think the 9 mark for river environment has something to do with the England and Wales Kielder Project Casestudy......Since it is about water deficit vs Supply.

Yea, I wrote about the kielder project in wales and the Vyrnwy project (how do you pronounce that anyway???) in NE England.
Also wrote about setting up Water pipelines, extracting more water from SE England aquifiers and amd something else I forgot...

The fieldworks were strange, but I'll hopefully get an A*...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending