The Student Room Group

Still in love with him 😭

My ex broke up with me two months ago. After spending the most marvelous two months with him I fell very deeply in love with him. He was superior, had his life sorted, he gave me reason to believe that he was my future. I believed he was.
Then he broke up with me the weekend we were meant too go away. He said he didnt want to string me along when he wasnt 100% focused on the relationship. It killed me it really did. Then a couple days later his ex posted a cover photo of them. Only a month and a half later did he admit they were back together.
Here i am still completley in love with him. Im content with my own company and accepting upon the fact he is happy with her and not me (we are still good friends). But i still care far too much for him. Im still very much in love with him. Id love to move on and be happy with someone else. But i cant seem too, and i cant see myself being able too in the future. Im not sure where to go from here.
Attend more social events, those should surely cast your mind off him
You're not alone sister
Reply 3
You should take a walk outside and have some time alone to collect together your thoughts. You can't make him the reason you hold back on life; you need to live your life for yourself. Clearly, this isn't the person you are going to spend your life with which means there IS somebody better for you and you have to believe it. Spending time with your friends and talking to them about how you feel also really helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by inoceansheart
My ex broke up with me two months ago. After spending the most marvelous two months with him I fell very deeply in love with him. He was superior, had his life sorted, he gave me reason to believe that he was my future. I believed he was.
Then he broke up with me the weekend we were meant too go away. He said he didnt want to string me along when he wasnt 100% focused on the relationship. It killed me it really did. Then a couple days later his ex posted a cover photo of them. Only a month and a half later did he admit they were back together.
Here i am still completley in love with him. Im content with my own company and accepting upon the fact he is happy with her and not me (we are still good friends). But i still care far too much for him. Im still very much in love with him. Id love to move on and be happy with someone else. But i cant seem too, and i cant see myself being able too in the future. Im not sure where to go from here.

I would cut him off, it is the only way you will get over him.
Original post by Rock Fan
I would cut him off, it is the only way you will get over him.

Agreed, As much as you might still want him in your life, you should break contact. It's the easiest and least painful way of getting over someone.
Who knows, maybe in a few months you can catch up in a mutually platonic way

Good luck OP
I had a similar story as well, was with a girl only for a few months, thought she was the one only for her to dump me on boxing day by text. Was absolutely gutted but the only way I knew I could get over her was to block her on everything, few months on as hard as it's been I have had to resist contacting her, she never told the truth really for the break up.

Quick Reply