The Student Room Group

I dontdont feel like revising anymore So demotivated.

I had my first exam, a chemistry resit yesterday and it went absolutely CRAP. Then after the exam for the whole I didn't want to even look at studying cause I was in a foul mood. Today, I didn't even wanna get up out of bed cause again, I just don't want to revise anymore. My motivation has left me. I revised so hard for the chemistry exam (WJEC) and it was so bad.. I think last years one will probably be the higher one. On top of that I WASTED so much time revising for this crap when I could have been revising for A2 which I haven't been able to give much time. Ugh. I just feel absolutely rubbish about life and exam period just started for me. I have a week till I have 3 exams next week. Then 2, then 2.

I don't think ill be able to get done everything in a week. My conditional offer is AAA and I whole-heartedly feel as if I won't get those now. :frown:
You have to make the most of what time you have left. Thibnk about yourself in the exam or just leaving and how you will fel if you did no revision and cnat answer the questions or someone gave you the chance to look at your books and revise. You will feel better and perfrom better if you revise.

Draw a plan up so you know what to do and then do small chunks to get you started 30 mins etc until you do do many sessions in a day.

Worry about things after the exam, but for now just focus.
Original post by aladdin818
I had my first exam, a chemistry resit yesterday and it went absolutely CRAP. Then after the exam for the whole I didn't want to even look at studying cause I was in a foul mood. Today, I didn't even wanna get up out of bed cause again, I just don't want to revise anymore. My motivation has left me. I revised so hard for the chemistry exam (WJEC) and it was so bad.. I think last years one will probably be the higher one. On top of that I WASTED so much time revising for this crap when I could have been revising for A2 which I haven't been able to give much time. Ugh. I just feel absolutely rubbish about life and exam period just started for me. I have a week till I have 3 exams next week. Then 2, then 2.

I don't think ill be able to get done everything in a week. My conditional offer is AAA and I whole-heartedly feel as if I won't get those now. :frown:
I feel you! I had my biology exam on Thursday and it went rubbish. I felt so upset and demotivated and didn't go over my chemistry stuff (and I could have done much better if i had), I ended up going late to bed and had a chemistry exam the next day, not to mention i was tired and did some stupid mistakes :/! Just try and focus on the positive side of things (the holidays or something that cheers you up). I'm sure you haven't done as bad as you think you did and most people may have struggled with it too! So go out enjoy yourself for a little while, exercise, eat some chocolate, watch a funny cat video, take a shower and try and make yourself revise, taking breaks in between. That's what i'm doing right now and i look back and see how silly i was being. It will pay off in the end. :smile:

Also if it makes you feel any better... i was going to re-take one of my exams, i revised half of content and then dropped the re-sit one week before because i wasn't ready, no point in stressing about it becasue i know i probably wouldn't exceed the grade i got on it last year. So i know how you feel about wasting time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Preparation prevents piss poor performance. Never ever seldom revise, this will just negatively impact your education and you'll end up wheeling the trolleys at your local supermarket. Anyway, it's your life choice at the end of the day, if you don't want to revise go ahead and don't revise. You'll soon see what the outcome will be.
that's the worst thing to do now, youll end up with all low grades rather than just one (possibly did better than you think anyway) which means you definitely wont get into the uni you want rather than being able to explain to the uni that that one exam went badly and doesn't reflect on your skills as a whole/going through clearing to get the same place.

Quick Reply

Latest