The Student Room Group

AQA gcse geography today

how did everyone find the exam today ( i did restless earth, water on the land and weather and climate)???
Reply 1
I did Restless Earth, Water on the Land and Coastal Zone.
Found it quite straightforward :smile:
I did Restless Earth, Living World and Coastal Zone, Pretty simple but I don't know about what grade I got... probs a B
I did restless earth, rocks and ice on land. What did everyone put for the 8 marker on fold mountains for restless earth?
I did those too, and I also found it alright! :smile:
Original post by Baaah
I did Restless Earth, Water on the Land and Coastal Zone.
Found it quite straightforward :smile:
Original post by Bethany2000
I did restless earth, rocks and ice on land. What did everyone put for the 8 marker on fold mountains for restless earth?

i put stuff about HEP , terraces, mining, etc in the andes. still flopped it tho:awesome:
Reply 6
What is likely to be the A* boundary? I've estimated my mark to be between 65 and 72.

Used the case study for The Alps in the AQA Geography A CGP Complete Revision Guide
Reply 8
[QUOTE=rebecca.wright;65132867]I did those too, and I also found it alright! :smile:
You see the picture of the wave that it gave u and it was 3 marks and it said to describe it , did u say it was constructive or a destructive wave ? Higher paper btw ☺️
Original post by AKDbbb
You see the picture of the wave that it gave u and it was 3 marks and it said to describe it , did u say it was constructive or a destructive wave ? Higher paper btw ☺️

destructive wave, I think 😊
What did everyone out for the poor and rich flooding case study. I only listed the effects and didn't say why they were worse in the poor. How many marks could I get ??
Original post by DanielHC10
I did Restless Earth, Living World and Coastal Zone, Pretty simple but I don't know about what grade I got... probs a B

I did exactly the same 3 sections as you. I was so relieved as I looked through this paper, honestly. I was so nervous before going in. I finished all my 6&8 markers to a good 6-7mark standard I believe :smile: much easier than I thought. Let's see paper 2
Reply 12
Anyone who did ice on the land what did you do for the case study about a glacier?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put about limited communications, terracing (steep relief), farming animals on steep parts of the mountains as they're used to it and poor soils.
Does anybody know why the grade boundaries for this paper are so low(between 45 and 55) for an A* as it really isn't that difficult?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
The grade boundaries are moveable. They vary each year depending on how well the questions have been answered. So with an easy, straight-forward paper that people do well on, the boundaries go up. In a tough paper where people do less well the boundaries go down. I would expect them to be higher this year than they have been for a long time.
Original post by front27
The grade boundaries are moveable. They vary each year depending on how well the questions have been answered. So with an easy, straight-forward paper that people do well on, the boundaries go up. In a tough paper where people do less well the boundaries go down. I would expect them to be higher this year than they have been for a long time.
I know that however for the most part the A* boundary is no higher than 70% where as in other subjects it usually sits at around 85% seems strange is all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
A bit of a random question but what were the first questions for the living world, water and rocks?
@pastelmittens the 8 mark question for the fold mountain was asking for how people have adapted to the mountain. So shouldn't answer be about how they have improved farming and tourist attraction
Original post by Aminamiah
@pastelmittens the 8 mark question for the fold mountain was asking for how people have adapted to the mountain. So shouldn't answer be about how they have improved farming and tourist attraction

YES.How they improved the steep slopes for farming in the Andes by building terraces and using llamas for transport.
Also, I talked about how only 4% of rural communities have access to electricity.
People have adapted by building micro-hydro plants to provide them with electricity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending