The Student Room Group

As french aqa 2016 essay predictions

Hello everyone, it is now nearly a week until our AS French exam and I think we should make essay predictions. Any ideas?

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm thinking music will come up, as well as something from relationships!
How would you make predictions? Based on what they haven't done yet, or?
How is everyone revising? I've done all the past papers on the AQA website and now I'm a bit stuck on what to revise!
thanks
Since 2012, publicity, music, sport and good friends hasn't come up so i'm pretty certain one of these will come up.
Reply 5
Original post by maryswiers
Since 2012, publicity, music, sport and good friends hasn't come up so i'm pretty certain one of these will come up.

Publicity and sports came up last year lol
Reply 6
Original post by emilykelly1998
How is everyone revising? I've done all the past papers on the AQA website and now I'm a bit stuck on what to revise!
thanks

Same .....
My predictions are marriage, music, TV or holidays for each of the 4 sections. im revising by doing loadsa essays and learning all the vocab that idk in exams or that is on quizlet
I'm an A2 student resitting this exam so revising for it hasn't been a priority for me so slightly concerned now lol...
im resitting too but I think it's easier to revise as we had the extra year... what are your cultural topics?
Original post by eleanormay456
im resitting too but I think it's easier to revise as we had the extra year... what are your cultural topics?

Jean de Florette(film) and Sac de Billes(book) yours?
L'Occupation and Luc Besson (Director) the a2 essays are so horrible haha i hate them !!
Family has not come up in a while
Original post by eleanormay456
L'Occupation and Luc Besson (Director) the a2 essays are so horrible haha i hate them !!

So you study 2 things? And then write one essay??
Last Past 8 Exam essay question topics: Music and friends have never come up. I would say music is hard to write about so they may not like to use it. Been lots of health questions too so anything could come up. Hoping Tv and Cinema!

2015:sport, health, publicity
2014: Family, health, tech
2013 - Jun: holidays, Tv, cinema
2013 - Jan: health, fashion, marriage
2012 - Jun: Fashion, Tech, mariage
2012 -Jan: family, health, publicity
2011 - Jun: Tv, health, fashion
2011 - Jan: marriage, health, cinema
Original post by stripedbox
So you study 2 things? And then write one essay??

You study 2 cultural topics and then 9 topics that are the quivalent to TV and things (i.e. racism/ poverty etc) and then in the speaking you talk about one of those 9 and both your cultural topics, and then in the essay you only choose one to talk about :smile: (if that makes sense lol)
I study Spanish as well as French so based off past Spanish essays, a music essay question might be like if musicians have a positive/negative influence over young people but as I say, this is just guessing based off Spanish

Original post by rockingmax
Last Past 8 Exam essay question topics: Music and friends have never come up. I would say music is hard to write about so they may not like to use it. Been lots of health questions too so anything could come up. Hoping Tv and Cinema!

2015:sport, health, publicity
2014: Family, health, tech
2013 - Jun: holidays, Tv, cinema
2013 - Jan: health, fashion, marriage
2012 - Jun: Fashion, Tech, mariage
2012 -Jan: family, health, publicity
2011 - Jun: Tv, health, fashion
2011 - Jan: marriage, health, cinema
Original post by violinstrings97
I study Spanish as well as French so based off past Spanish essays, a music essay question might be like if musicians have a positive/negative influence over young people but as I say, this is just guessing based off Spanish

Yeah that could be a one. the only french music essay from 2010 was this.

Pour les vrais accros la musique est la plus dure des drogues.C'est plus fort que nous. On ne peut pas imaginer une vie sansmusique.

Donnez votre opinion sur líimportance de la musique dans la vie desjeunes.

personally im not even gonna look at music/fashion/friends/family because I wouldnt choose them even if they came up as don't like writing about them. Good tip is revise your fave 6 topics (make sure to have a full set of 3 though) and one is bound to come up! :smile:
what do you think they could ask us about the health topic, excluding sport and holidays. thanks! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Izzyd2010
what do you think they could ask us about the health topic, excluding sport and holidays. thanks! :smile:

I'm calling Music as well. As for health they ask about alcohol and cigarettes, especially in young people with the option (although extremely rare) of cannabis. That came up in a few of my friend's speaking this year so its not like they avoid it completely. Anyone have pro essay phrases? My contribution will be: Avant, il fallait que je fasse attention a ce que je +imperfect (e.g. faisais) . Before, i used to have to pay attention to what I.. (e.g did)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending