The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger
Not really. he makes a good point.

Can you stop creating a shitstorm over something as trivial as this?
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks....anyone else?

Nope. I tried the same thing. In the eyes of the jobcentre you do not finish an educational year until late August (when the following year begins)
Can you stop creating a shitstorm over something as trivial as this?

You asked a question.
Someone gave you the correct answer and bothered to back it up as requested. You then went on to ask for other answers, even though the correct one had been given to you.

That just smacks of laziness and that you are unable to see what the correct answer is if it hit you in the face. Mystifying behaviour. Are you going to keep asking until someone says you can claim?
You asked a question.
Someone gave you the correct answer and bothered to back it up as requested. You then went on to ask for other answers, even though the correct one had been given to you.

That just smacks of laziness and that you are unable to see what the correct answer is if it hit you in the face. Mystifying behaviour. Are you going to keep asking until someone says you can claim?

It doesn't hurt to ask for a variety of answers. Again, stop creating shitstorm over a trivial matter. If you have nothing to contribute please leave.
It doesn't hurt to ask for a variety of answers. Again, stop creating shitstorm over a trivial matter. If you have nothing to contribute please leave.

Why would you need a variety of answers when you had immediately been given the correct one and linked to the government website?
If you havent figured it out
No you cant claim because you are a student for the length of your course and your grant is meant to cover you for the whole year. In the Summer you will have to use any remaining grant, get a job,use your overdraft or borrow from family to support yourself.
Original post by Arsey2.0
Look at how much we borrow to sustain this, and where most of it goes. When the government makes cuts to try and stop borrowing so future generations have a country left, obviously they have to make cuts in the areas which are politically sensative and are not popular

Your anger is directed at the wrong members of society. Most people on benefits are not "scroungers" as you'd probably call them; they are disadvantaged people in our society who deserve to be cared for. Do you not understand the extent of wealth inequality within our country? Did you know that the richest 1% of our population own as much as the poorest 55% of people in this country? Just think about that for a moment. Do you not think we should be targeting these elite, privileged people when it comes to wealth redistribution, instead of removing benefits from the already disadvantaged people within our society?

Honestly, there would be no problems at all funding our social security system if we got rid of the disgusting wealth inequality in this country. I do not understand at all the logic of right-wingers who seem to want to see the rich get richer and the poor get even poorer all under the guise of a "free market". Conservatives will condemn people who, god forbid, are in a situation where they need help with money, but turn a blind eye at the rife tax avoidance of greedy corporations. It makes no sense at all unless you're completely heartless. By the way, it's spelled "sensitive" - not "sensative". Guess those cuts in education aren't looking so great now are they?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Unihopper
Wow...

How are you funding your summer?
Calm down.

Don't be so rude to posters that have helped you then.
Just because you don't like the answer doesn't change the facts.
Original post by Inazuma
Don't be so rude to posters that have helped you then.
Just because you don't like the answer doesn't change the facts.

???...how have I been rude to anyone here? Other than insulting a person who just called me a 'lowlife scum' for nothing I haven't attacked anyone. It really does disgust me knowing the type of people that can be found on TSR.
Original post by Twinpeaks
How are you funding your summer?

Hopefully by not making poor choices and working rather than expecting others to sacrifice the produce of their labour for someone who doesn't deserve it
Am I the only one hoping that something happens to Arsey2.0 so that he loses his 'nothing could ever happen to me' attitude and discovers the reality of life for an awful lot of people.

(Oh, Arsey2.0, 'an awful lot of people' is correct, even if you think it should be 'a lot of awful people'...)
Not really. he makes a good point.

I would rep this, but I have already given you rep recently
Original post by unprinted
Am I the only one hoping that something happens to Arsey2.0 so that he loses his 'nothing could ever happen to me' attitude and discovers the reality of life for an awful lot of people.

(Oh, Arsey2.0, 'an awful lot of people' is correct, even if you think it should be 'a lot of awful people'...)

Why do you assume that I'm not poor?
Why do you assume that I'm not poor?

Go away.
There's such a correlation between low IQ and left wing people. You wonder why you never amount to anything and live on the dole your whole life, blaming 'rich people' and the government.

Seriously, get a grip.
Hopefully by not making poor choices and working rather than expecting others to sacrifice the produce of their labour for someone who doesn't deserve it

Did you not read the OP properly? Where he/ she clearly stated she'd like to receive JSA whilst looking for a job? Clue is in the name sweetheart, Jobseekers Allowance?

And also, how long do you think it will take for you to find work?
There's such a correlation between low IQ and left wing people. You wonder why you never amount to anything and live on the dole your whole life, blaming 'rich people' and the government.

Do you know what a correlation is, sweetheart?

Arsey I highly doubt this. I doubt this because I doubt that there is a causal link between intelligence quotient, which measures reasoning ability within mathematical and logic problems, and economic opinion. I would question the validity of any such research that implies that there is a correlation.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Do you know what a correlation is, sweetheart?

To be fair there are many ways you can collect ordinal data from people's political leanings

Latest

Trending

Trending