The Student Room Group

Predictions for AQA international relations 1945-2004?

Hi all
Anyone have any predictions for the above exam?
Really struggling to remember the content so being able to narrow it down would be great!
My teacher said he's fairly sure the CMC won't come up as he said it's been on nearly every paper in some form.
Also any revision tips that might make it easier?
Ta
Abzz
I need predictions for this exam too, much appreciated if anyone could share
Reply 2
Detente I think. A big topic...but seems under utilised.
Reply 3
Original post by Helebob

Balls, that's one of the areas I'm really struggling with
Reply 4
Literally hate this with a passion. Don't even think I care if I screw this up
Original post by Abzz789
Balls, that's one of the areas I'm really struggling with

what part are you struggling with?
Reply 6
Original post by lehcarbat
what part are you struggling with?

Just can't remember the dates
Original post by Abzz789
Just can't remember the dates

It's not too hard, make a timeline of what happens in each year in the 70's and do some practice essays on detente
Do you have any more predictions? Trying to teach myself this course and it's too much content with no teacher to help out :frown:
Reply 8
It's not too hard, make a timeline of what happens in each year in the 70's and do some practice essays on detente
Do you have any more predictions? Trying to teach myself this course and it's too much content with no teacher to help out :frown:

I have a complex medical condition that leads to very poor memory, it is very hard :P
I'm trying to do a timeline but it keeps going tits up haha
I have no more predictions I'm afraid, I've basically self taught the course too!
Original post by Helebob

The head of history at my school really thinks that the Helsinki Agreement is going to come up for Topic 5. The line of the AQA spec that this fits in states: "The progress of Détente: SALT 1, 1972; Brezhnev-Nixon Summits; the Helsinki Agreement, 1975". That being said, there's some topics that they've brought up year after year so they're really trying to be unpredictable.
Reply 10
I have quite a few resources on 'Get Revising' that I've made, mainly revision cards but a couple of quizzes in there too.
If you search 'International relations 1945-2004' they should come up.
Working on one for Detente that I should have finished in an hour or so

Edit: Detente revision cards now up there
(edited 7 years ago)
The topics that have appeared with the least frequency are in order of least to most 1.The final years of the cold war 2. From cold war to detente 3.Post Cold War relations. So with that in mind whats everyones thoughts?
I haven't personally checked this but my friend said 1991-2004 has come up 3 of 4 times, and her teacher said it is VERY unlikely to come up again, and if it does it would most probably be in a breadth question - I'm going to look at the papers tomorrow properly though and I'll make some predictions, I've been correct for all my AS retakes this year :smile:
Original post by elizahughes
I haven't personally checked this but my friend said 1991-2004 has come up 3 of 4 times, and her teacher said it is VERY unlikely to come up again, and if it does it would most probably be in a breadth question - I'm going to look at the papers tomorrow properly though and I'll make some predictions, I've been correct for all my AS retakes this year :smile:

But Emergence of the Superpowers for examples come up six times and so has breadth questions. I'm not sure whether that makes it more or lesss likely?
Original post by tiptopgoalie
But Emergence of the Superpowers for examples come up six times and so has breadth questions. I'm not sure whether that makes it more or lesss likely?

I said I'm not sure, but that's just what a history teacher at my school said so it's worth bearing in mind - obviously best to revise all the content though! Predicting is far too risky especially with History :frown:
Original post by elizahughes

1991-2004 will not come up in 2 questions anyway so you will never need to answer a question on it, no?
1991-2004 will not come up in 2 questions anyway so you will never need to answer a question on it, no?

Yeah you're right but I still want to be prepared for all three questions just in case the wording on a question throws me or something
1991-2004 came up in the last three papers but I suggest that you don't take the risk. Look at the stuff because the questions are usually straightforward. AQA could be triple bluffing you! I have just noticed that there hasn't been a question on detente since 2012; no Cuban Missile Crisis since 2010; and no peaceful coexistence since 2012.
(edited 7 years ago)
There's a new thread for this unit here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4144815
Reply 19
Good luck for tomorrow everyone

Quick Reply

Latest