The Student Room Group

Thoroughly Confused

Okay so this is going to be a very unordinary situation but I think I just need to write it down and it might help me to process it a little bit.

A few months ago I was talking to a boy; someone I had never met but we got fairly close and I considered him a really good friend (and potentially more?). I knew everything about him and was going to go up and see his band play as he doesn't live far from me. Then we just stopped talking (life got in the way) but I still kept up to date with what he was doing and how is band was going.

Yesterday I found out that he had been taken to hospital after a cardiac arrest (he is 17). He then went in to surgery to drain fluid from his brain. A few minutes ago I found out that he didn't make it.

In all honesty I have no clue what I am thinking right now and I don't feel I can talk to people about it because my friends didn't even know about him. I really don't know what to feel or think, nothing like this has ever happened to me before (and I'm not sure it would be a regular occurrence for anyone else and if it is I am very sorry). I mean I never even met him but I still knew him.

I don't even know what I am expecting to come of this post but I feel I should post it anyway...
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so this is going to be a very unordinary situation but I think I just need to write it down and it might help me to process it a little bit.

A few months ago I was talking to a boy; someone I had never met but we got fairly close and I considered him a really good friend (and potentially more?). I knew everything about him and was going to go up and see his band play as he doesn't live far from me. Then we just stopped talking (life got in the way) but I still kept up to date with what he was doing and how is band was going.

Yesterday I found out that he had been taken to hospital after a cardiac arrest (he is 17). He then went in to surgery to drain fluid from his brain. A few minutes ago I found out that he didn't make it.

In all honesty I have no clue what I am thinking right now and I don't feel I can talk to people about it because my friends didn't even know about him. I really don't know what to feel or think, nothing like this has ever happened to me before (and I'm not sure it would be a regular occurrence for anyone else and if it is I am very sorry). I mean I never even met him but I still knew him.

I don't even know what I am expecting to come of this post but I feel I should post it anyway...

that went from 100-0 real quick
the feels, i feel you anon :frown:

Original post by Anonymous

In a way it is good that you shared this, as it would make u feel a little better to share things to others, do u feel better after sharing or not?
Reply 3
Original post by Steelmeat
that went from 100-0 real quick
the feels, i feel you anon :frown:

I guess I could have made it a bit less abrupt....

Original post by x-bhakti-patel
In a way it is good that you shared this, as it would make u feel a little better to share things to others, do u feel better after sharing or not?

Sort of; it still feels incredibly weird... but I am feeling slightly better

Thank You

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending