The Student Room Group

Edexcel Maths higher boundaries A*-A

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faizanasif
Definitely. The last question was really confusing. However, the rest of the questions weren't that bad. The inverse one was also a weird one. Should be just a bit lower than average

That inverse proportion question catched me out...i did not expect them to present the question like that. I hope grade boundaries for an A are around 125-130 because i messed up badly on this paper.
Last one. Really pissed me off

I thought i was the only one who used pythagoras! I got the last bit wrong though. Were we meant to use pythagoras? Everyone did it a different way...
Original post by goldenusername
I thought i was the only one who used pythagoras! I got the last bit wrong though. Were we meant to use pythagoras? Everyone did it a different way...

Well Pythagoras would only work if we have a calculator as the triangle wasn't a right angle, and I didn't notice that. But don't worry, I asked at least 50 people after the exam and I haven't come across 2 people who said the same answer, so a lot of people got that question wrong. This means the grade boundaries will be lower :wink:
Original post by ibte10
That inverse proportion question catched me out...i did not expect them to present the question like that. I hope grade boundaries for an A are around 125-130 because i messed up badly on this paper.

That one was really stupid. The grade boundaries will be lower than average, so don't worry :wink:
That one was really stupid. The grade boundaries will be lower than average, so don't worry :wink:

No they won't, they'll be higher.
This was an easier paper than normal.
Reply 125
So what are people thinking a B will be? 100?
Original post by M4keen04
my teacher said
A* - 170
A - 140
B - 110
C - 70
these are the 'safe' grade boundaries to guarantee that grade. however this usually means that the actual boundaries r lower, depending on the difficulty.

:'( I'm going to have to probably resist this year. Ugh it feels like all the hard work I put in this year has gone to wast. I'm really messed up the first paper. It think it was because of the pressure and I seriously messed my timing up.
Original post by whitedynamite
No they won't, they'll be higher.
This was an easier paper than normal.

I'm not saying it was a hard paper. I got 90+ in practically all past papers, and I know that although this one is like a normal paper, A LOT of people got the last question wrong, which deducts the grade boundaries. I will only be 1-2 marks lower than average
Original post by samm98
So what are people thinking a B will be? 100?

100-105 should be a B
Reply 129
100-105 should be a B

You reckon? Was 95 last year and people were saying the last paper was hard too. Think I got 50-55 on the first paper and I need a B so another 50 should be alright shouldn't it?
Original post by samm98
You reckon? Was 95 last year and people were saying the last paper was hard too. Think I got 50-55 on the first paper and I need a B so another 50 should be alright shouldn't it?

Last years was harder than this years. I'd say this years would be the midpoint of June 2015 and November 2015, so should be a few marks less than average as it was harder than a normal paper but not too hard for it to be as low as last years :wink: It all really depends on how hard the next paper is
Can anyone give me a clear cut answer of what they believe the grade boundary for an A will be out of 200 ? I'm seeing so many opinions that I can't understand what's what anymore. I got around the 70s ( mid to high )mark for the first paper. I'm aiming for an A because Maths is not my strongest subject. Thanks.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Can anyone give me a clear cut answer of what they believe the grade boundary for an A will be out of 200 ? I'm seeing so many opinions that I can't understand what's what anymore. I got around the 70s ( mid to high )mark for the first paper. I'm aiming for an A because Maths is not my strongest subject. Thanks.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

Official grade boundaries usually come up after the exams like around August I think idk but I'd say 140/200
Original post by ellamoon_22
Official grade boundaries usually come up after the exams like around August I think idk but I'd say 140/200

Right. Thanks. Is this the highest you think it'll be or the lowest ?

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Right. Thanks. Is this the highest you think it'll be or the lowest ?

Highest.
Original post by ellamoon_22
Highest.

Thanks. That's a relief 😊

After the calc paper, what do you think the grade boundaries will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending