The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry 2016 Unofficial Mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Enderbat1999
Also question basically I made quite a bit of errors on the Marsha question and I don't think I got an A so is it possible to still get a B after doing the secong paper I think I got like a c or low b but c mainly.

And any predictions for the secong paper it will be help ful thanks

If you can get a high B or A you are most likely getting a B overall. With predictions, you can kind of guess what WONT come up eg the six marker, pv=nrt question, tio mass spec and first ionisation energy. As these were heavily asked on paper 1.
I have no idea which 'Marsha' questilm you are talking about :redface:
Original post by DaVinciGirl
If you can get a high B or A you are most likely getting a B overall. With predictions, you can kind of guess what WONT come up eg the six marker, pv=nrt question, tio mass spec and first ionisation energy. As these were heavily asked on paper 1.
I have no idea which 'Marsha' questilm you are talking about :redface:

topics that definitely wont come up are the first unit as if you look on spec its not included inthe paper 2 as to pv=nrt who knows they might use it again u never know though but im guess their gonna do alot of enthalpy and rate of reaction things, dynamic equilibrium and the usual organic stuff thats for paper two but ya never know at the end off the day cus in paper 2 they can test from units 2-unit 6 in physical and all organic chem units
Guys since i'm dropping chemistry does it matter what grade I get?
( will university care?)
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
topics that definitely wont come up are the first unit as if you look on spec its not included inthe paper 2 as to pv=nrt who knows they might use it again u never know though but im guess their gonna do alot of enthalpy and rate of reaction things, dynamic equilibrium and the usual organic stuff thats for paper two but ya never know at the end off the day cus in paper 2 they can test from units 2-unit 6 in physical and all organic chem units

Ok thanks I jsut wanna do well but at least it won't affect our grades for A2 and we can always resist in September and submit those grades if we do better or that's what my school is doing
Ok thanks I jsut wanna do well but at least it won't affect our grades for A2 and we can always resist in September and submit those grades if we do better or that's what my school is doing

You can resit in September? Or is it like another mock?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can resit in September? Or is it like another mock?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically some people were given an opportunity to do the exam in spetember and not this year but obviously it'll be a different paper and our teacher was like if you flop badly you might be given a chance

yeah ikr i want to do really well in paper to to secure that grade so im studying like mad and yeah takes off a little pressure off this year that it doesnt carry on to A2
Do you guys know any good sources that I can use to do hard mole questions and also do paper 2 practice cus after that 1st chem paper I knew that these old spec papers would be no help
I just did what was in the text book. Not sure anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

you saw this type of question in a textbook ??
which textbook ??
Do you guys know any good sources that I can use to do hard mole questions and also do paper 2 practice cus after that 1st chem paper I knew that these old spec papers would be no help

for moles questions, once you know the basic idea it shouldnnt be took different.

And if you can cover the few mole question that they gave us in our specimen papers,you sohudlbe more then fine.

Don't spedn too much time revising for moles, its easier then it seems, just a topic that appears to be hard
[QUOTE=IntellectualBoss;65234429]Alright I've put together a couple questions I remember from the exam and the answers, put through your questions or answers you dont agree with!

1.) chromium ion, 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d3
2.)aluminium 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p1
which ion has the same structure as krypton with a 2+ charge- strontium
which compound has a ion with 2+ from argon and 3- from argon- Ca3P2
bromine mass spectrum- 50% at 158 and 50% at 162
5 marks on bromine and magnesium
6 marks on practical
find average titre value and use this to find moles of MHCO3 reacted- 0.102 conc of hcl 250cm3 in 25cm3 amounts. something .7 and the moles are 0.041
rmm is 149

Can you give an overview of all the topics that came up please? And do you know if there is another unofficial mark scheme will all the questions and answers??
Original post by L1234567
Can you give an overview of all the topics that came up please? And do you know if there is another unofficial mark scheme will all the questions and answers??

I posted a thread on the full mark scheme, however I don't have all the questions but I have all the answers. So you'll probably be able to figure the topics out
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4125207
[QUOTE=DaVinciGirl;65534719]I posted a thread on the full mark scheme, however I don't have all the questions but I have all the answers. So you'll probably be able to figure the topics out
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4125207

Thank you so much!!
From what I've seen in the research I've done (for VetMed at least) the Unis aren't too interested in your AS Grades, however they may ask for them. AS results don't come up in course requirements anymore though.
Original post by lbartl17
From what I've seen in the research I've done (for VetMed at least) the Unis aren't too interested in your AS Grades, however they may ask for them. AS results don't come up in course requirements anymore though.

We will have to write our AS in our UCAS application anyways, so they would see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
is this inorganic or organic
What paper was this? is it paper 1 or 2?

Quick Reply

Latest