The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Chemistry Unit 1 (WCH01 )/ May 27 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dpoojaraa
Isotopes can still have different number of electrons, can't they?

no removing electrons become like ionization
Original post by NoGoodNamesNGL
Forget commas.
I've seen better sentence structure from a 5 year old.

ur syntax is f*** up
its not sentence structure its called syntax
fob!
little whimp outta no where
okay guys for the question why aluminum has higher 4th and 3rd ionisation energy than first and second
i said in first and secoond electrons are removed from orbital i cant really remeber its name good loolz
and this is far from nucleus and its not full however in 3rd and 4th electrons are removed from innershielding electrons 2p orbital which are close to the nucleus and are full and stable
(edited 7 years ago)
sorry I know that was rude..
Original post by a.adi1998
okay guys for the question why aluminum has higher 4th and 3rd ionisation energy than first and second
i said in first and secoond electrons are removed from orbital i cant really remeber its name good loolz
and this is far from nucleus and its not full however in 3rd and 4th electrons are removed from innershielding electrons 2p orbital which are close to the nucleus and are full and stable

I wrote due to different shells like last two were 3p and and 3s while 3rd nd 4rth were from 3s and 2p the shells are different like 2,3 while 1st and second frm same shell
Original post by MrBioBombastic
I wrote due to different shells like last two were 3p and and 3s while 3rd nd 4rth were from 3s and 2p the shells are different like 2,3 while 1st and second frm same shell

bro i wrote like this idk i mentioned 2p orbital and 3s orbital and that 3p is full and inner shell
Original post by a.adi1998
bro i wrote like this idk i mentioned 2p orbital and 3s orbital and that 3p is full and inner shell

it means bro ur answer is right cheers !

btw he asked for whats reason for greater difference b/w 3rd and 4rth and smaller difference b/w 1st and 2nd
Reply 368
Original post by omar5478
I cant find this in neither the syllabus nor the past papers, how did you know that ??

same. i didnt see that before and i even read the spec :s-smilie:
sorry I know that was rude..

No problem mate, just be a bit less aggressive next time. I Wish you the best of luck with the upcoming exams.
Original post by Bliss_
same. i didnt see that before and i even read the spec :s-smilie:

guys there is no need to get scared. The space was actually for the students who wanted to write
M+ (g) - e ------> M2+ (g)
that's it :biggrin:
Original post by ToxicPhantom007
guys there is no need to get scared. The space was actually for the students who wanted to write
M+ (g) - e ------> M2+ (g)
that's it :biggrin:

They asked for the first ionization energy. Sample atoms are bomarderd with electrons first to form positively charged ions.

Such that :

M + e- -----> M+ + 2e-
(g) (g)
Original post by Sunethra
They asked for the first ionization energy. Sample atoms are bomarderd with electrons first to form positively charged ions.

Such that :

M + e- -----> M+ + 2e-
(g) (g)

um i think they asked for second ionization energy
Reply 373

Such that :

M + e- -----> M+ + 2e-
(g) (g)

Yes :frown: I think you are right. I wrote M(g) ---> M+(g) + e

If I remember right I think they asked for the first ionization energy mate.
If I remember right I think they asked for the first ionization energy mate.

They actually asked for the "simplest" ionisation energy. Apparently, none of us ever heard about this before.
They actually asked for the "simplest" ionisation energy. Apparently, none of us ever heard about this before.

Oh yes that's right. Now I remember :smile: We haven't done that either. But before the exam I was going through some textbooks and they gave the equation for the first/ simplest ionization energy
Reply 377
Oh yes that's right. Now I remember :smile: We haven't done that either. But before the exam I was going through some textbooks and they gave the equation for the first/ simplest ionization energy

http://www2.chemistry.msu.edu/faculty/reusch/virttxtjml/spectrpy/massspec/masspec1.htm
No problem mate, just be a bit less aggressive next time. I Wish you the best of luck with the upcoming exams.

thanks man ! best of luck !
guys what was the total volume i ticked 150 cm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending