The Student Room Group

can exam boards do that ????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SavetheStudent

There's an awful lot of wrong information in this thread.

I'm assuming you were present for these exams but were taken ill? If so, your exams officer will apply for special consideration and your raw marks will be uplifted by a small amount (3% is typical for diabetes). You will not be awarded your predicted grade as schools no longer submit predicted grades.

The information you need is here.

The way illness is handled these days is pretty harsh in my opinion. Don't blame your invigilator or exams officer though - none of this is within their control.
Original post by SavetheStudent
And what if you don't ????

Don't what? Do well?
Did you inform your exams officer of your diabetes prior to the exams? My son suffers with Migraine and he got a letter from his GP confirming this and listing his medication. When he gave the exams officer the letter she said it would be kept in his file to be forwarded on to the exam board if required. If he was ill but still able to sit the exam they would ask for special consideration and he could be awarded up to 5% increase in marks. If he was unable to take the exam then they would use a combination of predicted grades, mock results and reference to the other papers of the same subject.
There's no way that you can sit the exact same papers you missed, that ship has sailed.
Original post by Lemonpopsicle2
If he was unable to take the exam then they would use a combination of predicted grades, mock results and reference to the other papers of the same subject.

If an exam is missed completely for a good enough reason then the marks given are based entirely on performance in the other units in the subject - mock grades and predicted grades do not come into it.

Quick Reply

Latest