The Student Room Group

What are some subjects you're happy never have to do again?

Scroll to see replies

English Literature
actually anything english related
it's so boring
Original post by Wisbey
English and History!!!

English literature or the whole Language? another aspects of that subject? I can't understand how native speakers don't like English.
Reply 222
Original post by Kallisto
English literature or the whole Language? another aspects of that subject? I can't understand how native speakers don't like English.

All of it. I hate literature the most though. I just hate the study of it, it's completely boring to me and numbs my brain. I prefer number based subject overall.
Original post by Wisbey
All of it. I hate literature the most though. I just hate the study of it, it's completely boring to me and numbs my brain. I prefer number based subject overall.

So it is just enough for you to learn this language to be able to communicate with people? yeah, in a way I understand you.
Reply 224
So it is just enough for you to learn this language to be able to communicate with people? yeah, in a way I understand you.

Yeah. Pretty much. As long as you can speak and type fluently then it generally isn't a must to study at a further level.
Original post by Wisbey
Yeah. Pretty much. As long as you can speak and type fluently then it generally isn't a must to study at a further level.

I must confess that there were some lessons in literature which I didn't like too. Analyzing the words of a poem in different aspects just to give an interpretation... sometimes it felt like a waste of time. But I also look for the silver lining: thanks to literature, I have got to know some interesting novels. :smile:

Tbh learning a language in a classroom environment is sooo boring and it discourages you from learning the language. I say I've learnt to be more fluent in English by talking to others than in the classroom. So I find that english language qualification to be a qualification on how well you write rather than actually learning the grammar and such of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
sociology... i have honestly never hated a subject more
Maths and Sciences
1) Chemistry, biology and physics (but they're still not over yet :C)
2) Maths !!!!!!!
3) History (bye past)
4) Art
That is soooo right! especially for foreign languages. The earlier they are learnt the better. That is why in Scandinavian countries like Sweden, pupils are beginning to learn languages like English in age of two, but not being 'captured' in a classroom just to memorize the grammars and vocabularies, no, they are learning those languages by using and speaking them, by making experiences - in a playful way. As if those languages were their native ones. That is very effective. And more effective than the ordinary method of learning languages by far. I witnessed it by hearing a Swedish in English language years ago.

It is time to modernize the learning of (foreign) languages in whole Europe. Scandinavia is a good example for this.
(edited 7 years ago)
English Literature (gonna miss my class and teacher though)
Maths and all the sciences!! Lets hope I pass maths so i never have to do it again
Physics
Biology
Chemistry
physics, maths, english, art, french lmao
Physics for me too! I used to love it at GCSE and still do enjoy particle physics but most of AS was boring and difficult and caused me a lot of stress during exam season.
French, Geography, Biology, RS

Gonna miss drama and PE so much.... :frown::frown:
GCSEs: Business Studies, English Language and English Literature.

I actually have somewhat of an interest in the last two, but, unfortunately, our schooling system seems to be proficient in ruining things for us. As for business studies, well, I couldn't dissuade you from doing it enough.

Just to continue with what others are doing in this thread, I'm going to be studying maths, biology, chemistry and geography starting in September. I'd have liked to have done French, but it's not an accessible A-Level for non-native speakers, or further maths, but, sadly, medical schools do not accept it.
Geography. Unless god forbid I fail physics maths or econ, which I hope I don't!
English, that's about it, I like all my subjects.
Was very happy to finish with literature in year 10.

Looking forward to focusing on subjects I actually enjoy; maths, further maths, physics, chemistry... too many people are happy to be done with them :frown: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest