The Student Room Group

Is Uncharted 4 worth buying a PS4 for?

I have been a fan of UC since day one (though must admit UC3 wasnt that good) I opted for the Xbox One when it first came out but never play due to games being a flop tbh, the exclusives are not good. Im desperate to play UC4 and revisit the older games which they have also bought to the PS4. I would also like to play infamous second son as well as the order (even though I have heard terrible things) My xbox one may aswel go in the bin tbh only reason Its still here is my gf likes to play it. I wouldnt be getting on until I move to a bigger property anyway which wont be for a couple of months anyway..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I can't comment cos I haven't played it, but Uncharted 3 and Uncharted 2 were damn fine games.

Uncharted 2 for me was pound for pound the best game of its generation.
When one of the top guys at Xbox is publicly declaring praise for Sony and Uncharted 4, it must be quite good. This is Naughty Dog after all, do they ever make a bad game? Uncharted 1 was a bit of a slog, but they're so consistently good.

Playstation has always been a great console for exclusives, especially if you have a PC, but ultimately it depends on your taste for games. I really enjoyed Killzone Shadow Fall and Until Dawn, and I'm a fan of Yakuza, plus you get the Quantic Dream games (which are different and nice looking at least, if not the best stories or games out there) and whatever Hideo Kojima comes out with next, as well as money-grabbing rereleases which are only any use if you haven't had a PS3 (e.g. Last of Us).

Original post by ghajok45
I can't comment cos I haven't played it

But you're going to post anyway...
Reply 3
Original post by Neverdie
When one of the top guys at Xbox is publicly declaring praise for Sony and Uncharted 4, it must be quite good. This is Naughty Dog after all, do they ever make a bad game? Uncharted 1 was a bit of a slog, but they're so consistently good.

Playstation has always been a great console for exclusives, especially if you have a PC, but ultimately it depends on your taste for games. I really enjoyed Killzone Shadow Fall and Until Dawn, and I'm a fan of Yakuza, plus you get the Quantic Dream games (which are different and nice looking at least, if not the best stories or games out there) and whatever Hideo Kojima comes out with next, as well as money-grabbing rereleases which are only any use if you haven't had a PS3 (e.g. Last of Us).

But you're going to post anyway...

I have to say KZSF may possibly be one of the worst games Ive ever played. KZ2 however was quite good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Souljer
I have to say KZSF may possibly be one of the worst games Ive ever played. KZ2 however was quite good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What didn't you like about it?

KZ2 bored me and I stopped a few hours in, the environment never changed. KZ3 was awesome.
Reply 5
You can also get the first trilogy 'remastered' on PS4 if you want to relive the games in better graphics.

Is it worth it? Maybe. If you sell your box and box games it'll probably be a worthwhile trade.
How much you'll enjoy Uncharted 4 can largely be determined by how you feel about The Last of Us. Naughty Dog definitely took a lot from TLOU, in as much as there are lots of sections of Uncharted that involve casual walking and talking to make characters more 3 dimensional. As far as I'm concerned this is an improvement for the series, allowing you to connect to all the characters and get more involved in the story. However, it's worth noting that this results in much slower pacing than the previous games, so if you were a fan of the "non-stop action movie" feel of the series then you may not be overjoyed with the change.

As far as I'm concerned no one game is worth getting a system for, purely because of the price point. The PS4 does have some good exclusives (I can recommend inFamous but I'm not entirely sure why you'd want to play The Order), and if you don't use your Xbox anyway then I would say sell it and get a PlayStation. The PlayStation also packs enough of a performance gain that you may find it nicer to use for crossplatform titles too.
Reply 7
Uncharted 4 is the only PS4 game I want to play but as you can imagine, it's not worth buying a PS4 just for one game. So I'm gonna wait until more titles come out and get a bit cheaper, then decide whether I want one. Have a look for other games you might like, read some reviews and talk to your friends etc, then go get one. From what I've heard Uncharted 4 is unmissable and if you enjoyed the first three, there's no reason why you shouldn't play Part 4.
Reply 8
no, because it's really short
i beat it in one sitting, as you might (the game is around 10 hours or so), and then you'll wonder why you bought a whole console for it

there are some other cool games coming though (persona 5, nier automota, shenmue 3, dq11 (potentially), kojima's new game, and probably some more)
at this point, i'd wait until e3 though. it's likely that ps4.5 will be announced there, as well as some new games you might want.
Reply 9
Original post by (bryn)
no, because it's really short
i beat it in one sitting, as you might (the game is around 10 hours or so), and then you'll wonder why you bought a whole console for it

there are some other cool games coming though (persona 5, nier automota, shenmue 3, dq11 (potentially), kojima's new game, and probably some more)
at this point, i'd wait until e3 though. it's likely that ps4.5 will be announced there, as well as some new games you might want.

Too late

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RivalPlayer
You're better off waiting for the upgraded PS4 Neo instead of buying the current model.

whats th
Original post by Souljer
I have been a fan of UC since day one (though must admit UC3 wasnt that good) I opted for the Xbox One when it first came out but never play due to games being a flop tbh, the exclusives are not good. Im desperate to play UC4 and revisit the older games which they have also bought to the PS4. I would also like to play infamous second son as well as the order (even though I have heard terrible things) My xbox one may aswel go in the bin tbh only reason Its still here is my gf likes to play it. I wouldnt be getting on until I move to a bigger property anyway which wont be for a couple of months anyway..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it would 100% be worth it, if a new PS4 with upgraded graphics wasn't coming out this year. However there is an upgraded PS4 coming this year (will be officially announced next month) so you should wait for that.
Just play the classics Crash Bandicoot and Tomb Raider on PS1, no need to buy a PS4.
Yes the graphics omg
You like Crash Bandicoot?

Yes Crash Bandicoot is a classic game which I loved playing as a child, and still enjoy. I never got into Crash Team Racing or the party games, but the main series I love. I also like Jak and Daxter.
Reply 15
yes it is a very good next gen game and worth buying
I LOVE Uncharted 4 and InFAMOUS Second Son! If you don't want to buy a PS4 you can watch the gameplay by youtubers such as TheRadBrad or Cryoatic

Edit: sorry I only read the part where you said Uncharted 4 and InFAMOUS Second Son and started fangirling
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Personally if i were you, id wait until the new playstation 4 comes out and then switch. It's going to be announced E3 (june 14-16th) so keep an eye out. However they may be a price drop for the original ps4, id just wait for the new ps4 and buy the whole uncharted collection as it would be way cheaper. Just hold out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Crash Team Racing was the only game in the series that I had time for. I couldn't get into the platformers. I had Jak and Daxter but didn't like that either.

Well that's why game manufacturers make lots of different genres of game, that way there is something for everyone. I like a lot of racing games, especially the more fantasy/unrealistic ones with weapons such as Mario Kart and Diddy Kong.
You like Mario Kart but not Crash Team Racing? That's surprising since CTR is essentially the PlayStation equivalent of Mario Kart.

I just love the colourful graphics, variety of weapons and characters on Mario Kart. Crash Team Racing just wasn't for me.

Quick Reply

Latest