The Student Room Group

Is it ok to bully a bully?

Scroll to see replies

If I could bully my bullies, I sure would, the problem is there are 8 of them and one of me!
So I'm not gonna win!
But in my current situation, I think it's perfectly fine! I'd absolutely do it!
Yep.
Original post by Napp
I should note i said most not all.

True. But the 'most' figure still sticks tbh, and I struggle to believe that is the case.
Original post by FireFreezer77
If I could bully my bullies, I sure would, the problem is there are 8 of them and one of me!
So I'm not gonna win!
But in my current situation, I think it's perfectly fine! I'd absolutely do it!

Spoiler

^ bullying - I'm guessing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SinsNotTragedies

Spoiler

Spoiler

bullying in itself is wrong so that if you bully somewhat else it doesn't really make you any better than the bully
Original post by Zacken
Seems like a lot of people don't get the distinction between bullying and standing up for yourself. It's okay to retaliate and stand up for yourself to a bully but it's not okay to persist with attacking/bullying him, otherwise, it's just a reversal of roles.

This. If you reduce yourself to bullying the other person back, what does that make you? Just as bad as the other person.
Original post by iEthan
This. If you reduce yourself to bullying the other person back, what does that make you? Just as bad as the other person.

Exactly. Bullying a bully makes you a bully yourself so you're just as bad as the other
Reply 29
Original post by Anon_98
Regardless + you could say bullying is morally illegal.

No, why would you harass someone after going through harassment yourself? It's silly. Standing up to a bully is perfectly fine + v different but bullying them is just absurd. There are many ways around the problem without having to resort to bullying yourself. Why would you be a bad person in order to solve a problem. That's not really a solution. Infact, it's not a solution at all. What if it doesn't help + results in a bullying cycle of sorts? - Instead of making someone feel as awful as you might've felt, a better suggestion would be to talk to someone who can help/move schools/talk to the bully themselves? Solve it in a reasonable + civil manner. Violence should never be used as a resort, no matter the scenario. Imagine what the world would be like if everyone kept inflicting pain on those who hurt them?

Why would you "make their lives hell" back? It makes no logical sense.- You're just adding fuel to the fire. Plus, would you not feel guilty?

Morally. Do bullies have morals tho?
Bully : "use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something."
I think it's perfectly fine for the victim to intimidate their bully back 'bully the bully' using physical force if need be. But only to make them stop. That's what my point was - to make them stop not make their life Hell as well... where did I say to do that? Talking doesn't always help, school doesn't do **** - might expel them for a few days, might move your classes, but nothing more. Moving schools ain't that easy especially in-year like the waiting lists are ****ing long, and why should you cower away and try to run away from people when you shouldn't have to before you try everything to stop it? As if getting bullied wasn't enough you'd have to leave your friends cos of the bullies I mean that's just ridiculous :rolleyes:

m8 people in our world are inflicting pain on people who didn't even do anything to them, or just because they look a certain way, so don't see your point there. Do you think the bully feels guilty? It ain't all sunshine and rainbows, not everyone's nice and sometimes being nice or 'mature' doesn't work. I'm sure they'd survive a slap after all the bruises they caused you :h:
Reply 30
True. But the 'most' figure still sticks tbh, and I struggle to believe that is the case.

Most is like saying a couple it has no numerical translation especially in this context. Suffice to say a significant proportion then.
Dno :dontknow:
Reply 32
Original post by Zacken
Seems like a lot of people don't get the distinction between bullying and standing up for yourself. It's okay to retaliate and stand up for yourself to a bully but it's not okay to persist with attacking/bullying him, otherwise, it's just a reversal of roles.

that ain't in the definition of bullying tho. Bullying is "use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force them to do something." but bullying can be and usually is repeated over an extended period of time, but not always.
To intimidate someone is technically bullying them.
I think it's fine to intimidate your bully i.e. stand up for yourself
of course to do it repeatedly is wrong but to do it just once or twice to make them stop it's fine imo :3
Reply 33
Just discovered the true extent of how horrid and manipulative a lady member of this forum is

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML
Just discovered the true extent of how horrid and manipulative a lady member of this forum is

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay... And? :lolwut:
Reply 35
Okay... And? :lolwut:

Wrong thread
But oddly relevant lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
taste of own medicine is the best way to learn.
In my opinion, standing up to a bully is fine. Anything to stop them in the first place. But, as soon as they've withdrawn, continuing to bully them thereafter is morally wrong.
You have to stand up to bullies. It is just plain wrong not to.
You cannot let yourself fear another man.
(edited 7 years ago)
Idk about bullying a bully but one thing that annoys me is how quickly bullies are to play the victim if their victim retaliates or stands up for themselves. They almost parody the victim response.

Bullies need to be taught their behaviour is wrong and maybe feeling how it feels may be a wake up call.

Quick Reply

Latest