The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Feel so wretched tbh, crying as i write this because feel so alone which has been confirmed by the people around me in real life who just seem to pick me up and drop me as they choose.
Also feel so hideous i'm so ugly it isn't even funny, honestly hate myself and then i realise why people don't seem to want to be around me, i don't blame them cos i wouldnt either because i'm such a bitch.
Sorry everyone if that seems ungrateful and insulting to people with real issues, just had to rant :frown:
Feeling really low
Reply 622
Last packing this morning/afternoon then to pack the trailer and spend lots of hours in traffic jams :frown:

But excited to get back north

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everything in my life is going tits up.

This is when mental health drops.

Got to keep fighting, can't slip again mentally :frown:
Original post by sunfowers01
Feeling really low

Original post by Noodlzzz

Sending lots of hugs :hugs:
Made a challenge chart for the first time in over a year, my panics have become overwhelming again :cry:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Made a challenge chart for the first time in over a year, my panics have become overwhelming again :cry:
:frown: sorry to hear :hugs: I'm having a bit of a period like this too atm. Where did you learn about challenge charts?
Original post by Noodlzzz

Sorry you're feeling like this :hugs: What's changed/happened that you feel this way?
Feel really down. Slept for about 15 hours and I'm still tired. I'm trapped
Original post by Pathway
Feel really down. Slept for about 15 hours and I'm still tired. I'm trapped

:hugs: I always feel really tired after I do marathon sleeps too. I know sleep can be a great escape but I'd advise trying to cut back a bit and hopefully you'll wake up with more energy.
Really can't deal with the voices right now. I've taken clonazepam several times a day since Monday. I took it 30minutes ago and the effect is so muted, dunno if I should take a couple more, I'm just so scared of what they're saying and this is the only thing that helps. I'm aware it's extremely addictive but I have about 200 pills of it so taking more is possible.

They're getting louder and louder and more persuasive and I don't know what to do. I start a summer class in a little over a week. I have no idea how I'll cope with that. I really need to pass; this is my second attempt. :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs: I always feel really tired after I do marathon sleeps too. I know sleep can be a great escape but I'd advise trying to cut back a bit and hopefully you'll wake up with more energy.

I tend to either not sleep for days or sleep too much (and wake up a lot in the process). But yeah you're right. Hope you're ok.
Original post by Pathway
I tend to either not sleep for days or sleep too much (and wake up a lot in the process). But yeah you're right. Hope you're ok.

It's a right pain in the ass trying to get up if you're feeling shitty but perhaps try setting an alarm and sticking to it? If you sleep less some nights it might help you get to sleep in those days you're having trouble. I don't know if that'll work, but perhaps worth a go?
It's a right pain in the ass trying to get up if you're feeling shitty but perhaps try setting an alarm and sticking to it? If you sleep less some nights it might help you get to sleep in those days you're having trouble. I don't know if that'll work, but perhaps worth a go?

Alarms don't really work as I tend to sleep through them. And I'm not sure it will. Usually when I'm staying up 3 or 4 days in a row it's because I'm too scared to sleep, so I avoid it...I dunno. Which is probably why I end up sleeping for 15+ hours when I do sleep. Plus at the moment I don't really have any motivation to do anything, so I tend to stay in bed a lot (not necessarily even sleeping).

I hate sleep, but I hate being awake. Sucks.

Thanks for the advice though.

Sorry to hear the voices are getting harder to cope with. When do you see your psychiatrist next?
Really can't deal with the voices right now. I've taken clonazepam several times a day since Monday. I took it 30minutes ago and the effect is so muted, dunno if I should take a couple more, I'm just so scared of what they're saying and this is the only thing that helps. I'm aware it's extremely addictive but I have about 200 pills of it so taking more is possible.

They're getting louder and louder and more persuasive and I don't know what to do. I start a summer class in a little over a week. I have no idea how I'll cope with that. I really need to pass; this is my second attempt. :frown:

Hope you feel better soon. Personally if it were me I'd take the clonazepam. If you combine it with your normal meds it should knock you out pretty effectively and allow you to rest.

Whenever I am in your situation I find the most important thing is to calm down quickly because the stress is what makes it feel 10 times worse. So just try and calm yourself down ASAP.
Original post by McNuggetsAhoy
Hope you feel better soon. Personally if it were me I'd take the clonazepam. If you combine it with your normal meds it should knock you out pretty effectively and allow you to rest.

Whenever I am in your situation I find the most important thing is to calm down quickly because the stress is what makes it feel 10 times worse. So just try and calm yourself down ASAP.

I took your advice and took another clonazepam alongside my evening meds. Just gotta hope it helps as yesterday evening was really awful. I'm considering having a beer but that's probably not the best idea. :/ Do you find that your symptoms get worse at night? And yeah I'm trying to calm down; had a hot shower then a cuddle with my spouse but I don't think she gets just how much **** I feel like I'm in. :frown:
Original post by Pathway
Alarms don't really work as I tend to sleep through them. And I'm not sure it will. Usually when I'm staying up 3 or 4 days in a row it's because I'm too scared to sleep, so I avoid it...I dunno. Which is probably why I end up sleeping for 15+ hours when I do sleep. Plus at the moment I don't really have any motivation to do anything, so I tend to stay in bed a lot (not necessarily even sleeping).

I hate sleep, but I hate being awake. Sucks.

Thanks for the advice though.

Sorry to hear the voices are getting harder to cope with. When do you see your psychiatrist next?

I don't know if this will help, but when I've been too scared to sleep in the past I lock my door and pile a load of **** against it so no one would be able to get in without waking me up. Combined with a knife under my pillow, I found it worked pretty well

I have a psychiatrist appointment on thursday but he's no longer in network for my insurance so probably gonna cancel and go to someone else who is in network. Dunno how long setting that up will take.
Took another clonazepam pill.

Spoiler

I can really see why this is addictive, I feel amazing and couldn't give a damn what the voices are saying. Though typing and using the mouse are both pretty difficult. :colondollar:
I took your advice and took another clonazepam alongside my evening meds. Just gotta hope it helps as yesterday evening was really awful. I'm considering having a beer but that's probably not the best idea. :/ Do you find that your symptoms get worse at night? And yeah I'm trying to calm down; had a hot shower then a cuddle with my spouse but I don't think she gets just how much **** I feel like I'm in. :frown:

I tend to get worse when I'm around other people so I tend to find night time the best time for me as it happens.

The best advice I can give is try to avoid as much stress as possible. Have you got any sleeping pills? I find them a god send when I'm bad because the first thing that happens to me when I am unwell is that I can't sleep. Lack of sleep and stress and hearing voices equals a very bad time. If you can get a good night sleep and can reduce the stress then things should improve slowly.

Unfortunately when I get into that state in the past I've had to go to a crisis house or hospital to get myself out of it. I know that isn't very helpful for you so the advice I'm giving is what I would do if I were trying to stay out of those places.
Took another clonazepam pill.

Spoiler

I can really see why this is addictive, I feel amazing and couldn't give a damn what the voices are saying. Though typing and using the mouse are both pretty difficult. :colondollar:

Ah cool. At least you feel better. That is the main thing :smile:.

Latest