The Student Room Group

Why are remain voters so racist?

Scroll to see replies

I do agree that the current immigration system is racist.

It's a case of let these white Europeans in the country instead of the more qualified black and brown people from India and Africa.

It's not a fair system. Why can an unqualified Slovakian with only two brain cells get in the country and stay here visa fee whereas a more qualified doctor from India needs to apply for a visa.

Doesn't seem right to me.
Original post by TaipeiGhost
I do agree that the current immigration system is racist.

It's a case of let these white Europeans in the country instead of the more qualified black and brown people from India and Africa.

It's not a fair system. Why can an unqualified Slovakian with only two brain cells get in the country and stay here visa fee whereas a more qualified doctor from India needs to apply for a visa.

Doesn't seem right to me.

So the basis of your arguments is that we should turn away East Europeans based on the racist profile that they are lazy and will remain unemployed, but should instead favour Indians who could equally remain unemployed despite their qualifications?

On what grounds are you entitled to a higher quality of life than anyone else?

The EU is for a unified Europe - it would be difficult to incorporate India into a system of a single economic market, and the monetary regulations would be detrimental for their economy. The UK retains its commitment to the Commonwealth countries, and India consistently retains the highest number of Visas awarded (more than the next 4 countries combined).

For skilled workers, the UK is open doors. Leaving the EU won't make it any easier for Indians to receive jobs nor visas. Without the EU, albeit there will be fewer EU nationals coming in. But the earlier argument of "slots to fill" for Visas would surely be worsened by the new numbers of skilled Europeans who newly require Visas?

Your racism and racial-supremacy views astonish me. Just because you were a member of the Commonwealth does not entitle you to access of the UK over someone in the EU who pays towards the benefit of the bloc as a whole...

Posted from TSR Mobile
The TRUE racists are the in the remain camp who want to create a white supremacist super state.
The NO camp want the UK to link in far more with the multi-racial commonwealth (West Indies, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Nigeria etc).

If you're pro-gobal vote NO to the white racist super-state that is the EU.
Original post by FredOrJohn
The TRUE racists are the in the remain camp who want to create a white supremacist super state.
The NO camp want the UK to link in far more with the multi-racial commonwealth (West Indies, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Nigeria etc).

If you're pro-gobal vote NO to the white racist super-state that is the EU.

Quote me any political agent related to the remain camp who has said immigration should prefer white Europeans to Indians or Africans.

The Brexit campaign wants to link with these countries for pure trade, and I can guarantee the "Britain First" candidates voting for leave to eradicate the "European menace" certainly won't want foreigners from even further afield being seen to abuse UK resources. Especially when some of them don't understand the differences between race or religion...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redwhiteandbrit
Quote me any political agent related to the remain camp who has said immigration should prefer white Europeans to Indians or Africans.

The Brexit campaign wants to link with these countries for pure trade, and I can guarantee the "Britain First" candidates voting for leave to eradicate the "European menace" certainly won't want foreigners from even further afield being seen to abuse UK resources. Especially when some of them don't understand the differences between race or religion...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nonsense, the jobs will still need filling. Vote No if you support an Multi-racial UK
Well IN voters just care about overpopulating the country.
Nonsense, the jobs will still need filling. Vote No if you support an Multi-racial UK

You can support a multi-racial society by allowing all other races in Europe, like Serbo-Croats and Bulgarians, respect as well as those from other non-EU countries who also still enter the UK.

Furthermore I still challenge you to name a source. And I also challenge you to explain how immigration will be changed? Whether EU or abroad, Britain will still require immigration, and this is the antithesis of what many Brexit voters want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 2016_GCSE
Well IN voters just care about overpopulating the country.

And the out voters on this thread who argue we should increase immigration from other countries would resolve this? The out voters on this thread aren't suggesting we restrict immigration, and that we should instead increase it to other countries who have a "right" as former Commonwealth countries to the UK.

Support leave if you must if you oppose immigration this much, but FredOrJohn's comments are counter-productive for your aims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can support a multi-racial society by allowing all other races in Europe, like Serbo-Croats and Bulgarians, respect as well as those from other non-EU countries who also still enter the UK

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you cannot. The EU stops people coming from West Indies, India, Nigeria etc coming to EU. These people used to come here, now they cannot. The EU is stopping the UK from becoming more multi-racial, more global.

typical example of EU:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/21/jamaican-farmers-bleak-future-eu-sugar-beet-production-cap

or perhaps this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/symeon-brown/jamaican-republic-marks-a-dilema_b_1212804.html
(edited 7 years ago)
No you cannot. The EU stops people coming from West Indies, India, Nigeria etc coming to EU. These people used to come here, now they cannot. The EU is stopping the UK from becoming more multi-racial, more global.

typical example of EU:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/21/jamaican-farmers-bleak-future-eu-sugar-beet-production-cap

or perhaps this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/symeon-brown/jamaican-republic-marks-a-dilema_b_1212804.html

They don't stop them coming in more than any other country? The Australian points system is far more stringent? And by becoming more global UK Industries would be neglected and due to inefficiencies would be unable to compete. And you are proving the problem of existing outside a trading bloc with that link about Jamaica!

Of course it's always better to find unbiased sources such as official statistics rather than using news outlets with articles written with personal persuasions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
So the basis of your arguments is that we should turn away East Europeans based on the racist profile that they are lazy and will remain unemployed, but should instead favour Indians who could equally remain unemployed despite their qualifications?

When did anyone stereotype all eastern europeans as lazy? The argument is that it is an unfair system - the eastern europeans that ARE lazy have a huge headstart over hardworking non-europeans.
Original post by EuanF
When did anyone stereotype all eastern europeans as lazy? The argument is that it is an unfair system - the eastern europeans that ARE lazy have a huge headstart over hardworking non-europeans.

Original post by Blyat
Who deserves to come here more...-Hardworking, skilled Indian aerospace engineer-Piotr the unemployed Slovak who just happened to be born in europe
I agree it's unfair from an international perspective, but the EU is designed to make Europe a better place for all of Europe. This therefore means that labour mobility should occur where jobs are needed, e.g. the immigration of low-skilled labour into jobs.Visas for any country are designed purely to vet candidates for immigration to certify they will work, not abuse benefits, and will actually contribute to society. It is unfortunate that some EU migrants abuse this system, but on the whole it promotes better employment for the European bloc.If you meet the requirements as an international candidate, you enter. Simple. There is no inherent disadvantage for skilled persons who require Visas, other than that you have a job and are able to support yourself. You simply fill out the form, and it is granted if you meet the requirements.
Original post by Blyat
Oh **** so many lefty tears it's glorious63640036.png

I don't think you're even Indian OP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending