The Student Room Group

AQA a-level food technology anyone?

Hello
Does anyone do A Level AQA food technology?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by m1l3
Hello
Does anyone do A Level AQA food technology?

yh i do! are you doing AS or A2?
Reply 2
I'm doing A2

What about you?
Hey, anyone do the AS exam this morning?
Original post by Katherines01

I did the AS exam this morning! How did it go for you?

I thought it was worse than any of the past papers but that may be because I wasn't confident with all the answers which I gave...
Original post by hatcs001
I did the AS exam this morning! How did it go for you?

I thought it was worse than any of the past papers but that may be because I wasn't confident with all the answers which I gave...

I didn't find it too good either... :/ I thought the designing question was pretty good, better than some of the last few years! but I didn't like the 10 mark for question 11! and some of the short response questions were so obscure! like vitamin B12 and retinol:// also, what on earth did you put for "What two nutrients interact during the production of human energy?" ??? I thought that one was so odd, and everyone I've asked has said completely different haha
I took the AS paper this morning as well, section A was so hard compared to all the other past papers I have done, what the hell is thermogenesis??? Did you guys do question 9 or 10? For the energy question I think I put something to do with fats, proteins and carbohydrates, I can't really remember

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by emilyshingfield1
I took the AS paper this morning as well, section A was so hard compared to all the other past papers I have done, what the hell is thermogenesis??? Did you guys do question 9 or 10? For the energy question I think I put something to do with fats, proteins and carbohydrates, I can't really remember

Posted from TSR Mobile

I re-sat the AS paper this morning I answered q9, what did you? THERMOGENESIS?!!?!!?
I also found section A really odd too!! Really different to other years!
Reply 8

I did :|
I did question 9, but I thought all four were decent questions tbh..
thermogenesis is the production of heat which I luckily knew because it came up in a piece of work I was doing not so long ago and I went over it when I was going through the syllabus.. but most people I asked had no idea so I wouldn't worry, I don't think wrote enough for 2 marks anyway!
For the energy question I but sugar and phosphate because I was thinking to my biology lessons on the production of ATP haha:s-smilie: certainly not something we've learnt for food tech! I'm going to ask my teacher today because its annoying me:wink:
think section A will have confused a lot of people actually, the questions were really weird :angry:
Hiya! I re-sat my food tech AS yesterday as i wanted to get higher UMS - may as well have not bothered really! I had done all the past papers but yesterdays section A really threw me off! I did question 9 which i liked but then question 11 i thought was quite vague and i really wasnt too sure what i should have talked about! I basically used all the time i had left over to empty my mind of all the possible answers so lets hope theyre right haha.
Im hoping this paper is just a blip and A2 food tech goes swimmingly considering i want to study it at uni and i need an A!! AHH
I did question 10😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sophie_FoodTech
Hiya! I re-sat my food tech AS yesterday as i wanted to get higher UMS - may as well have not bothered really! I had done all the past papers but yesterdays section A really threw me off! I did question 9 which i liked but then question 11 i thought was quite vague and i really wasnt too sure what i should have talked about! I basically used all the time i had left over to empty my mind of all the possible answers so lets hope theyre right haha.
Im hoping this paper is just a blip and A2 food tech goes swimmingly considering i want to study it at uni and i need an A!! AHH

Ahh good luck! And I totally agree :/
What unis/ courses have you applied to if you don't mind me asking? Im thinking of studying food science at uni and I'm currently booking open days and things so any info would be greatly appreciated haha 😂
Ahh good luck! And I totally agree :/
What unis/ courses have you applied to if you don't mind me asking? Im thinking of studying food science at uni and I'm currently booking open days and things so any info would be greatly appreciated haha 😂

Hi! I applied for food science at Leeds, Nottingham, Surrey, Reading, and Northumbria, got offers from all 5, and I've firmed Nottingham. My advice is deffo go to the open days, and ask a tonne of questions :smile:
Original post by CMooreFalcons
Hi! I applied for food science at Leeds, Nottingham, Surrey, Reading, and Northumbria, got offers from all 5, and I've firmed Nottingham. My advice is deffo go to the open days, and ask a tonne of questions :smile:

Thank you so much! I've booked open days for surrey, reading and Nottingham already and I'm going to a food science summer school at Leeds and I'll be sure to ask lots of questions, thanks! I was planning on going to northumbria but I'm not sure I like how its classed as an applied science? though my brother has just finished studying there so I already know the area slightly :smile:
Original post by Sophie_FoodTech

how are you revising A2 food tech? im struggling so much, my writing style is so bad and i dont know how to get high marks in the essay questions. any advice?
Thank you so much! I've booked open days for surrey, reading and Nottingham already and I'm going to a food science summer school at Leeds and I'll be sure to ask lots of questions, thanks! I was planning on going to northumbria but I'm not sure I like how its classed as an applied science? though my brother has just finished studying there so I already know the area slightly :smile:

Yeah, I only applied to Northumbria because it has slightly lower entry requirements, so is my insurance choise, but don't want to go there tbh, it's too close to home. I went on a food science summer school at Newcastle, and I know someone who went to the Leeds one - I really enjoyed it :smile:
Original post by CMooreFalcons
Yeah, I only applied to Northumbria because it has slightly lower entry requirements, so is my insurance choise, but don't want to go there tbh, it's too close to home. I went on a food science summer school at Newcastle, and I know someone who went to the Leeds one - I really enjoyed it :smile:

Ah fair enough, that makes sense :smile: and haha that's why I'm no soo keen on Nottingham because that's quite close to home for me! something about going to uni, its like a chance to get as far away as possible hah :wink:
But thanks for the info! really looking forward to the summer school now :u:
Original post by muntilol
how are you revising A2 food tech? im struggling so much, my writing style is so bad and i dont know how to get high marks in the essay questions. any advice?

yes me too the stuff i write is never on the mark scheme, its stuff i would never think off
Anyone have any idea of what will be on tomorrow's paper for A2 AQA also what subjects do you guys do as well as food tech?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending