The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE MATHS

So I think I got 89/90 marks on the maths non calculator paper, is this okay because I want to get an A* overall?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ameenatariq
So I think I got 89/90 marks on the maths non calculator paper, is this okay because I want to get an A* overall?!

Yeah you got it just get 80 again and its yours, well done! I think I might have only scraped 70/100 :frown:
Original post by junayd1998
Yeah you got it just get 80 again and its yours, well done! I think I might have only scraped 70/100 :frown:

What's the highest mark for A* out of 200?? Over the years, that's still good! If you get like full marks on thof second paper you can still get an A*
What's the highest mark for A* out of 200?? Over the years, that's still good! If you get like full marks on thof second paper you can still get an A*

I think it changes every year so i think the highest mark for A* is usually about 200 but every paper is different so you can't say for sure.
Original post by loginrunner
I think it changes every year so i think the highest mark for A* is usually about 200 but every paper is different so you can't say for sure.

200/200? :O for A*
200/200? :O for A*

normal A* boundary (for edexcel maths at least) is around 162-167

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loads of people were complaining about this exam so grade boundaries could be low
its never gone below 155 nor higher than 165/167 for the past 4-5 years
Original post by sulaimanali
its never gone below 155 nor higher than 165/167 for the past 4-5 years

Thank you for the reassurance!
Original post by nisha.sri
Loads of people were complaining about this exam so grade boundaries could be low

Yeah but they could be high because it wasn't a hard paper compared to last years
Original post by loginrunner

It won't be full marks to get an A*! are you dumb? no offence...but if you're doing higher then the grade boundaries would be low.
Yeah but they could be high because it wasn't a hard paper compared to last years

Why were some people complaining in another thread then lol.
I'm scared for my exams next year.:redface:
New GCSEs :crossedf:
A* grade boundary is generally between 155-168 ish.
Based on the unofficial mark scheme I think I've dropped about 5 marks (2 on a really stupid mistake that I'm annoyed at myself about). Anyway, I'm really happy because I'm less worried for the calculator now. I have to get an A* at gcse to do further maths A level at this school I want to go to, so I've been worried that I wouldn't get it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by claire_22
A* grade boundary is generally between 157-168 ish.
Based on the unofficial mark scheme I think I've dropped about 5 marks (2 on a really stupid mistake that I'm annoyed at myself about). Anyway, I'm really happy because I'm less worried for the calculator now. I have to get an A* at GCSE to do further maths A level at this school I want to go to, so I've been worried that I wouldn't get it.

What do you think the A grade boundary is???
Original post by tgriff

Approximately 125-136ish?
Original post by tgriff

Im hoping for an A too, think i ****ed up a bit making stupid mistakes on the non calc which im really angry about, but an A has been from 125-140
Reply 17
Original post by chrlhyms
Im hoping for an A too, think i ****ed up a bit making stupid mistakes on the non calc which im really angry about, but an A has been from 125-140

Yeah, me too. I made really silly mistakes in the exam - and I don't normally make those mistakes. I think it was mainly the stress and pressure.
Hopefully, the calculator will be better :s-smilie:
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
normal A* boundary (for edexcel maths at least) is around 162-167

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's usually between 155-165, I think this year it'll be about 160

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tgriff

The highest an A has been is 135, I imagine it will be somewhere around 130

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending