The Student Room Group

GCSE Resits

I was just wondering, if I get my GCSE results in August and I have failed some which prevent me going to sixth form am I able to resit them? Because apparently you can only resit maths and English. But what if I passed them and failed everything else for example, what would I do?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by leo_147
I was just wondering, if I get my GCSE results in August and I have failed some which prevent me going to sixth form am I able to resit them? Because apparently you can only resit maths and English. But what if I passed them and failed everything else for example, what would I do?.

You can re-sit Maths and English In November. For anything else you wouldn't be able to re-sit until the following Summer and you would probably have to pay for the entry yourself. It generally isn't worth it.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
You can re-sit Maths and English In November. For anything else you wouldn't be able to re-sit until the following Summer and you would probably have to pay for the entry yourself. It generally isn't worth it.

I am hoping that it won't be a problem anyway but if I resat in Summer would I have to relearn things because hasn't the syllabus or specification changed?
Reply 3
Original post by Compost

Can you pay to re-sit November exams which aren't core. I don't think anyone would want to wait till next summer to re-it exams.
Reply 4
Original post by leo_147
I am hoping that it won't be a problem anyway but if I resat in Summer would I have to relearn things because hasn't the syllabus or specification changed?

Only Maths, English Language and English Lit are changing for next year, everything else is the year after.
Reply 5
Original post by Sfhkh
Can you pay to re-sit November exams which aren't core. I don't think anyone would want to wait till next summer to re-it exams.

The only exams available in the Autumn are Maths and English, so no.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
Only Maths, English Language and English Lit are changing for next year, everything else is the year after.

Oh ok so I would be able to resit the other subjects next summer?
Thank you very much for your time and reply.
Reply 7
Original post by leo_147
Oh ok so I would be able to resit the other subjects next summer?
Thank you very much for your time and reply.

It's possible. You can carry forward any controlled assessment marks but you have to re-sit all the exams for a subject.
Reply 8
Original post by Compost
It's possible. You can carry forward any controlled assessment marks but you have to re-sit all the exams for a subject.

Thank you very much. I hope I won't have to anyway, I'm just thinking worst case scenario and stressing a bit in case I don't get the grades I want and need but fingers crossed it won't come down to needing to resit.
Original post by Compost

Could you re sit this in school or does it have to be outside of school?
Original post by hafsa473
Could you re sit this in school or does it have to be outside of school?

You can re-sit at any centre (=any secondary school or college) willing to accept you. It is likely to be cheapest and simplest at the school/college you are at.

Quick Reply

Latest