The Student Room Group

Should I take Government and Politics?

Im in the middle of completing my GCSE exams and i would like to take government and politics- mainly because it interests me and i have been convinced against other courses.
However taking it would involves me going to another school- just for that lesson and i can stay at my current 6th form to do the rest of it.
So i suppose i'm saying, should i take G+P and does anyone else go to 2 school to do 6th form (what is that like)
BTW- I'm in the Harrow Collegiate, so i think i get some support either way
government and politics is the best subject course ever!
G & P is pretty cool, though what would you be doing if you didn't do it?
Original post by Steampunk_Turtle
Im in the middle of completing my GCSE exams and i would like to take government and politics- mainly because it interests me and i have been convinced against other courses.
However taking it would involves me going to another school- just for that lesson and i can stay at my current 6th form to do the rest of it.
So i suppose i'm saying, should i take G+P and does anyone else go to 2 school to do 6th form (what is that like)

Politics is interesting (especially at AS) and if you're not deterred by the fact that you have to go to a different school, you should take it. What other courses had you considered?
Original post by Steampunk_Turtle

Yes, it is good
Original post by Abstract_Prism
G & P is pretty cool, though what would you be doing if you didn't do it?

My only other valid option is English (one of those courses), but i hate English and I know i wouldn't enjoy it or be good at it
you should defiantly think about it. i mean most people dont understand politics or how it affects their everyday life..when you take it it puts everything in society into perspective and it really makes you think! im almost done with my as even though some parts are hard to get your head around theres always something that interests everyone.
hope this helps :redface:
and my sixth form college isnt tied to a school, it just depends if you'd want to branch out and feel a little freer than travelling to the same place youve been going for 5 years. going to a different college is sometimes better because youre not stuck with seeing everyone you had to spend 5 years with
but i really like sixth form its much more independent than school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending