The Student Room Group

Gcse maths

Any prediction topics for gcse edexcel Calculator paper??

Scroll to see replies

yeah this would be something I would find helpful. Can anyone predict what will come up based on what was in the non calculator??
Are you doing higher or foundation?? I did edexcel gcse maths last year so I may be able to lend a hand.
Do you do edexcel A or B??
I do Math A too, Just the foundation paper.
Predictions for me would be very helpful too :P x
That's the same as what I did then. I was predicted A* but I got a high A in the end. Have you been doing past papers?? Before my exam I did multiple years of past papers and it really helped because the topics stay the same, and there are only a set amount of different questions that they can ask you. You know, for example, that you will always get a transformations of graphs question, an interest question, some vectors and circle theorems and so on.
Hi, I found this file yesterday, it has the predicted topics in it, for both foundation and higher.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0NHL46meQP_cHUzQVBUQm9TdXM/view?usp=sharing
You can also go on to the specification, since this has a list of everything that students need to know for the exams. Ive printed out specs for all of my AS courses and they're really helpful because you can go down them like a list and tick off everything you know, and then focus on exactly what you don't. Here is the link for Edexcel GCSE maths A.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Mathematics%20A/2010/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UG029981_GCSE_MathsA_Spec_2012.pdf

The foundation stuff is near the top, and the higher stuff starts at page 33 (on the actual document, not the PDF, so use the page numbers actually on the sheets).
Yeah.:smile:
I only have a few of my own exams left now and I'm feeling pretty prepared for them, so if you need any help on questions over half term then you can pm me if you want. Good luck.
Reply 11
Every maths teacher at my school thinks the second paper is going to be killer.
these are the topics that might come up in the calc paper:
Area of sectors Arc length
best buys and value for money
Speed,Density Volume of cylinders, cones and pyramids
Surface area of cylinders, cones and pyramids
Estimate of the mean using table
Sine and cosine rules
Solving quadratic equations using the quadratic formula
Currency conversions
Trial and Improvement
Area and perimeter of circles
Area of non-right angled triangles
Calculations using a calculator Upper and lowerbounds
Reverse percentages
Histograms
Median and mean from frequency and grouped data
Cumulative Frequency curve, using it to find the median + the quartiles
Solving quadratic equations
Equations of the straight line
Frequency polygons
Trigonometry
Compound interest
Stem and leaf diagrams
Pie charts
Stratified sampling
Transformations of graphs including sine and cosine graphs
Completing the square and finding minimum point of a curve
Drawing quadratic graphs
Equations involving algebraic fractions
I got a minimum of 86, according to the unofficial mark scheme and the solutions that were uploaded. I tend to do better on the calculator papers, so I hope I can do better. Apparently, it is going to be harder, but that is only an assumption and they can't give you anything that's not on the spec, so hopefully it goes well. Good Luck!:smile:
What grade are you aiming for? You can still get an A*.
Reply 15
I'm sure you can get an A*, you'd probably need 79/80 for both papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
np :smile: most of the topics are easy on their own its just when they start combining two different topics alongside making the question Wordy then that's when it just goes downhill
Original post by Monsor
I'm sure you can get an A*, you'd probably need 79/80 for both papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was thinking the same a couple of months ago, in fact I was at a grade D/E at the beginning of this year, but I just kept doing past papers and watched loads of YouTube videos and here I am, you can do it too, it's not impossible, just never give up, at first I thought it was impossible as well, but I just kept doing it regardless.:smile:
Reply 18
Original post by hamza772000
I was thinking the same a couple of months ago, in fact I was at a grade D/E at the beginning of this year, but I just kept doing past papers and watched loads of YouTube videos and here I am, you can do it too, it's not impossible, just never give up, at first I thought it was impossible as well, but I just kept doing it regardless.:smile:

Not sure if I have asked you this before but are you doing maths next year?
Original post by Rajive
Not sure if I have asked you this before but are you doing maths next year?
Yes, and further!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending