The Student Room Group

Is my hair black or REALLY dark brown?

I'm south asian (indian), and my hair looks REALLY brown in sunlight. I read somewhere, that if it's truly black, then it should look black always, no matter the light. I'm so confused, because I've grown up, thinking my hair is black.

any thoughts?
Reply 1
pics
I'd say really dark brown but it means if you wanted your hair to be black you could suit it if you dyed it. :colonhash:
I have the same problem, everyone seems to think my hair is black but it's actually just extremely dark brown.
I think people can't be born with actual black hair just a really dark dark brown so you're hair is brown.
Reply 4
Original post by Mrs.Grey
I think people can't be born with actual black hair just a really dark dark brown so you're hair is brown.

They can definitely be born with actual black hair.

Sometimes in sun light actual black hair almost gives a purplish black hue in direct light. But your hair definitely sounds brown.
Original post by neonbleu
They can definitely be born with actual black hair.

Sometimes in sun light actual black hair almost gives a purplish black hue in direct light. But your hair definitely sounds brown.

Hmm that's what I've been told
It's probably dark brown (mine is too), but we'll need a picture to see.
Reply 7
My hair is really black buts its brown
Original post by fandom-queen
I'm south asian (indian), and my hair looks REALLY brown in sunlight. I read somewhere, that if it's truly black, then it should look black always, no matter the light. I'm so confused, because I've grown up, thinking my hair is black.

any thoughts?

Hi,

I'm south Asian too and I always thought my hair was black and I know quite a few people with black hair. Then one day I wasn't so sure any more so I held it up against something I knew was black and it turns out that my hair is really dark brown.
Reply 9
Your hair looks dark brown to me. Even without direct light on it, it definitely is brown.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's brown
Definitely just dark brown
I live in south Asia as well (Malaysia) and having the same situation. Probably when there's presence of sunlight, our hair is not that black but actually dark brown. When there's no light, it will be a darker colour. Hope this helps
I suspect that it is dark brown.
Indian too, and yes, it's the same thing for me. Most people say my hair's black, but in the sun, it almost glows amber? Jet black hair has a blue-green tinge to it in the light. I think your hair's just extremely dark brown to the point where it looks black, like mine.
5rr45rr54

any thoughts?

I mean my hair is really dark brown but like you it goes really brown ( lightish) in sunlight. I think this is normal ngl. its probably just a really dark brown

any thoughts?

I saw the title and was like defo asian girl
Original post by victoriu
I saw the title and was like defo asian girl

I can't believe this post still exists and is getting replies.

And yes, I really live up to the "IT'S DARK BROWN" stereotype, don't i

Quick Reply

Latest