The Student Room Group

Why do double standards exist in this situation and what am i supposed to do?

How come my boyfriend swears in everyday talk yet if i do he doesnt like it and says im a 'foul mouthed bitch'? Its the same with my dad, when talking he will be like f this and f that but if i do the same he will say its disgusting and 'not nice comming from a daughter'.

Also when discussing something my boyfriend says I 'answer back' when im only giving my point of view in a calm way. He also goes on about the way i walk he says im not feminine and walk from side to side i tell him thats how he walks and he says 'im a man' you walk like one.

I feel like its all to do with me being female im meant to be 'meek and gentle' or something but i didnt ask to be female its ****, id much rather have been male. Just wanted opinions/input :tongue: :/.
Dump his ass. I'd never put up with someone like that lmao.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Spoiler

What do you want out of this situation? Do you want your boyfriend or dad to change? Do you want to find someone else who will be more accepting of you?

No-one can tell you what you're supposed to do if you don't know what you want.

Also there will always be double standards in any personal relationship since each person wants and can give different things to/from each other.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
How come my boyfriend swears in everyday talk yet if i do he doesnt like it and says im a 'foul mouthed bitch'? Its the same with my dad, when talking he will be like f this and f that but if i do the same he will say its disgusting and 'not nice comming from a daughter'.

Also when discussing something my boyfriend says I 'answer back' when im only giving my point of view in a calm way. He also goes on about the way i walk he says im not feminine and walk from side to side i tell him thats how he walks and he says 'im a man' you walk like one.

I feel like its all to do with me being female im meant to be 'meek and gentle' or something but i didnt ask to be female its ****, id much rather have been male. Just wanted opinions/input :tongue: :/.

Your boyfriend is an ******** with abusive tendencies. Lose him and find someone who doesn't rely on lazy gender stereotyping or try to control you.
Original post by Helenia
Your boyfriend is an ******** with abusive tendencies. Lose him and find someone who doesn't rely on lazy gender stereotyping or try to control you.

there are serious red flags here , i agree with Helenia

and finally i'm not PRSOM for Helenia either !
Reply 5
He kind of sounds like a ****. I don't understand relationships which don't involve swearing, both I and my gf swear at each other all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending