The Student Room Group

What do you get mistaken for?

I get mistaken for being Arab or Afghan which is really flattering but I've been called Indian and Mexican (like how?) before but I'm a British Pakistani, born and raised in England. Hby?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mrs.Grey
I get mistaken for being Arab or Afghan which is really flattering but I've been called Indian and Mexican (like how?) before but I'm a British Pakistani, born and raised in England. Hby?

im the complete opposite xD im arab and, especially in my old school, people thought i was asian until once i told them i was arab and they said im lying and that im trying to get attention
trust me being arab isnt always a good thing xD
im Algerian born and raised in London
Chinese

My mum's friends thought I was taking the piss when I greeted them in Nepalese :unimpressed:
Reply 3
A paedophile.
Original post by Namita Gurung
Chinese

My mum's friends thought I was taking the piss when I greeted them in Nepalese :unimpressed:

My friend is Nepalese and she HATES it but guys in our class annoy her about anyway. Lol

I get mistaken for looking Spanish lol and then I trick them by saying random words I remember for GCSE Spanish :lol:
Why would it be flattering to be mistaken for a certain ethnicity lol?
Reply 6
Original post by animeamanda1412
im the complete opposite xD im arab and, especially in my old school, people thought i was asian until once i told them i was arab and they said im lying and that im trying to get attention
trust me being arab isnt always a good thing xD
im Algerian born and raised in London
I think I've done that before, I think I've blatantly told someone they were too dark to be Arab (I was much younger and naive)
Oh wow..

I am half Irish and half Pakistani, born and raised in England. When I am in Pakistani communities people tend to think im either Arab or Pathaan. Most commonly though people assume I am Italian or Spanish. To date no one has ever guessed correctly.

:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Why would it be flattering to be mistaken for a certain ethnicity lol?

Because it's interesting.
Reply 9
Original post by Mrs.Grey
I think I've done that before, I think I've blatantly told someone they were too dark to be Arab (I was much younger and naive)

im not even dark tbh I'm fair
but yh with arabs you can have some one who is really dark and is arab, especially those who are from the desert areas
Reply 10
Original post by FireflyGirl96
Oh wow..

I am half Irish and half Pakistani, born and raised in England. When I am in Pakistani communities people tend to think im either Arab or Pathaan. Most commonly though people assume I am Italian or Spanish. To date no one has ever guessed correctly.

:smile:

I would've never guessed either lmao
Reply 11
Original post by animeamanda1412
im not even dark tbh I'm fair
but yh with arabs you can have some one who is really dark and is arab, especially those who are from the desert areas
I know that now haha
Original post by ravioliyears
My friend is Nepalese and she HATES it but guys in our class annoy her about anyway. Lol

I get mistaken for looking Spanish lol and then I trick them by saying random words I remember for GCSE Spanish :lol:

Why does she hate it? What do the guys say?

Loool - I tried that once but when they carried on the conversation, the whole thing backfired on me. :redface:
an escapee from the local freak show.
pewdiepie

Spoiler

Indian, Arab a few times and Brazillian once (yeah idk why either)

Most the time people guess Pakistani and get it right :lol:
Pakistani

Biggest insult tbh

Jkjk
Im Yemeni but get mistaken for Egyptian quite a fair bit.
Original post by Namita Gurung
Why does she hate it? What do the guys say?

Loool - I tried that once but when they carried on the conversation, the whole thing backfired on me. :redface:

WELLL they used to call her ling ling, and then they stopped for a while and now they called her 'sweatshop' and 'ching Chong chang'. Lmao. She lets them say it because she always has some fire in her response :lol: Recently, someone in her class found a fake nail on the floor and then they approached her and asked if it was from her shop :mmm:
Original post by PobNotBob
an escapee from the local freak show.

You are pizza, so...

Quick Reply

Latest