The Student Room Group

Suggest a new TV show for me to watch

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samesea
My biggest recommendation at the moment is Wentworth, an Aussie prison drama that is currently on the fourth season. It's freaking amazing.

Is it similar to the American prison Break?
Original post by Kholmes1
I started watching Pll today. Got up to episode 4. I will carry on watching, but im not sure what I think yet. I do quite like the whole if Alison is live and whos A. But waiting 4 seasons hmm. Quite curious what this show is actually about apart from what I just said. Or is all the episodes up to season 4 about weather Alison is alive?

The Secret Life of An American Teenager.- NONONONO. I remember a few months ago (Late last year, this school year) I started watching it, because I love Shailene Woodley. Im not going to lie I kept watching it and couldn't really stop even though it was one of the worse things I have ever seen. Never finished it though tbh. Idk why I stopped. It was a really messed up show. The only character I liked was Ashley. I think I stopped, when Adrian was pregnent with Ben?? And there was a wedding or something. Oh my that show made me wanna scream.

OK even I admit that I carried on watching it just because it was so bad that it was funny. This isn't very surprising but I'm pretty sure that Ashley ends up being pregnant too..
With Pll up to Season 4 it does focus around Alison quite a bit but there are other small storylines that were interesting.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
One with lots of episodes, decent acting and good story line.

I don't want to see any Animes or Doctor Who.

I've already watched these so don't suggest them.
Arrow
The Flash
Legends of tomorrow
Downton Abbey
Penny Dreadful
Sleepy Hollow
Modern Family
Sherlock
Supergirl
Scandal
How to get away with murder
Bates Motel
Lucifer
Gotham
The Big Bang Theory
Friends

SUITS SUITS SUITS SUITS SUITS!!!!!!!!!

or Power!
Is it similar to the American prison Break?

A little bit, but it focuses on a woman's facility and follows the story of Bea Smith, who is in prison for attempting to murder her abusive husband.

Arrow
The Flash
Legends of tomorrow
Downton Abbey
Penny Dreadful
Sleepy Hollow
Modern Family
Sherlock
Supergirl
Scandal
Bates Motel
Lucifer
Gotham
The Big Bang Theory
Friends

We've got pretty similar tastes :tongue:

I've basically in the middle of watching all the DC superhero shows too absolutely love it when they have the cross-over episodes! Didn't think you'd watch Supergirl too.. A lot of people have dissed that lol.

If you like Sherlock you'd like elementary essentially similar but US version of Sherlock. It's got a heck of a lot more episodes than Sherlock though which is nice! Considering it takes them about 2 years to release 3 episodes :colonhash:

Idk if you'd be into these? I quite like watching serials that are set in the more older historical periods. Especially the ones the BBC do.. They've had quite a few good ones that I've watched. At the moment they have Muskateers and last year they had Poldark but it was new so only one series.
Definitely recommend Mr Robot, one of my favourite TV shows this year :smile:
Also Hannibal!

(BTW amazing choice you already have, I watch almost all you've listed so it's hard to recommend because that's basically my pool to choose from :/)
(edited 7 years ago)
Definitely Game of thrones, the acting is obviously incredible (it's Emmy award winning) and the books are amazing, though you don't need to read them to watch the show.
Peaky blinders, starts slowish but really gets good quick.
Bojack, Same as above.
Archer/rick and morty for some fun.

Arrow
The Flash
Legends of tomorrow
Downton Abbey
Penny Dreadful
Sleepy Hollow
Modern Family
Sherlock
Supergirl
Scandal
Bates Motel
Lucifer
Gotham
The Big Bang Theory
Friends

Trollied
We have similar tastes :u:

To support what others have said:
Mr Robot
Rick and Morty
Archer

New Reccomendations:
Community
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
The Office

Also maybe try again to get through the fist seasons of Game of thrones and The walking dead. Trust me, it will be worth it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kwame502
We have similar tastes :u:

To support what others have said:
Mr Robot
Rick and Morty
Archer

New Reccomendations:
Community
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
The Office

Also maybe try again to get through the fist seasons of Game of thrones and The walking dead. Trust me, it will be worth it.

I started watching Chuck and it has 5 seasons. That should last me about a month :eek:
I started watching Chuck and it has 5 seasons. That should last me about a month :eek:

Let me know if its really good because its been on my list forever but i havent watched it yet.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kwame502
Let me know if its really good because its been on my list forever but i havent watched it yet.

It is really good.
prison break?
Just started watching it and it's amazing
Original post by bluepearl7
prison break?
Just started watching it and it's amazing

I can't stand that show.
I can't stand that show.

Why?

Arrow
The Flash
Legends of tomorrow
Downton Abbey
Penny Dreadful
Sleepy Hollow
Modern Family
Sherlock
Supergirl
Scandal
Bates Motel
Lucifer
Gotham
The Big Bang Theory
Friends

If you enjoy watching superhero TV shows which by looking at your list you probably do then watch DAREDEVIL my friend definitely won't disappoint. Or watch the classic Peppa Pig.
Original post by Roman hang Limbu
If you enjoy watching superhero TV shows which by looking at your list you probably do then watch DAREDEVIL my friend definitely won't disappoint. Or watch the classic Peppa Pig.

I started watching Daredevil and 10 minutes in I took it off because it was too boring.
Original post by bluepearl7
Why?

Because I don't like it?
I started watching Daredevil and 10 minutes in I took it off because it was too boring.

Yh same, might give it a another chance tho

And prison break isn't bad at all.
I'm only on the 10th episode but it's pretty clever

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending