The Student Room Group

Maths Edexcel Help

I've had a look at the unofficial mark scheme and I made some stupid mistakes, I think I got around 41. How marks will I need to aim for in my calculator to get a B overall.
A b is usually between 90-95 for both papers, so you'll want to aim for about 55 marks to get a b, but I'd aim for 60 if you can to really secure it. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt
A b is usually between 90-95 for both papers, so you'll want to aim for about 55 marks to get a b, but I'd aim for 60 if you can to really secure it. Good luck!

Thank you! Do you think paper 2 will be easier?
Original post by Lucky10
Thank you! Do you think paper 2 will be easier?

Hopefully, from what I've seen on here everyone found paper 1 quite hard, so to balance it out paper 2 will be either be easier or they'll lower the grade boundaries, although they won't be as low as last year's. I hope paper 2 is easier though because I didn't do as well as I wanted on paper 1 so I need almost full marks on paper 2 to secure the A* I need for my a level options:s-smilie:
Reply 4
Hopefully, from what I've seen on here everyone found paper 1 quite hard, so to balance it out paper 2 will be either be easier or they'll lower the grade boundaries, although they won't be as low as last year's. I hope paper 2 is easier though because I didn't do as well as I wanted on paper 1 so I need almost full marks on paper 2 to secure the A* I need for my a level options:s-smilie:

Hope you get it also do you have an idea of what will come up?
Original post by Lucky10
Hope you get it also do you have an idea of what will come up?

This is a sheet we were given at school about it. Thank you, I hope you get what you want as well!image.jpg
Attachment not found

It's not that clear so I can resend any bits you can't read

I posted a picture of the whole front of the sheet before I realised it wasn't clear. I put up two pictures of the page split in half but I can't work out how to delete the original picture so just ignore it, sorry
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
This is a sheet we were given at school about it. Thank you, I hope you get what you want as well!image.jpg
Attachment not found

It's not that clear so I can resend any bits you can't read

I posted a picture of the whole front of the sheet before I realised it wasn't clear. I put up two pictures of the page split in half but I can't work out how to delete the original picture so just ignore it, sorry

Thanks for this, really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest