The Student Room Group

What do you get mistaken for?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aamirac
Chinese, Spanish (?), Malaysian, Taiwan and Arab to name a few.

Spoiler

You are lit a hybrid
Irish. Ppl think I'm Irish.

Original post by Namita Gurung
Chinese

My mum's friends thought I was taking the piss when I greeted them in Nepalese :unimpressed:

Greet me in Nepalese, palese. I mean please. :wink:
Original post by Spock's Socks
When I went to Iceland on holiday, the locals thought I was Irish instead of Scottish. Don't know how they could mistake a heavy Glaswegian accent for an Irish one :laugh:

I feel your paiiiiiin. My mum is English, dad is Scottish and ppl think I'm Irish lol no problem just saying, there's a fine difference...
Original post by 0to100
Irish. Ppl think I'm Irish.

Greet me in Nepalese, palese. I mean please. :wink:

Do you have an Irish accent?

Spoiler

Do you have an Irish accent?

Spoiler

Write that out in English so I can learn to pronounce it :smile:

It's a local accent that many people have in my hometown, some of the dialect is influenced by Irish but...I wouldn't say I have an Irish accent. I think it's because people look and think I am or don't recognise the accent or something. But it's mainly nonwhite people who confuse it lol I also have loads of Irish and Scottish descent mates.
Reply 45
Sometimes people have mistaken me for a guy because I used to have super short hair (a couple of centimetres). I was once talking to this girl complaining that my physics class was full of guys and she asked me if I went to an all boys school .... I was like no.... It's not so bad really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Colombian,Mexican,Spanish,or part oriental and something else but most of the time it's middle eastern anyway so it's on point
Reply 47
Polish people always seem to think I'm Polish too, just standard British in reality :frown:
Reply 48
In real life - Unemployed

On TSR - A girl
Nigerian:colonhash: :hand: :puke: i am Ghanaian :h: we make the best Jollof period:h:

I also get mistaken for Eddie Murphy lookalike:colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
A failure.

Oh wait...
Original post by 0to100
Write that out in English so I can learn to pronounce it :smile:

It's a local accent that many people have in my hometown, some of the dialect is influenced by Irish but...I wouldn't say I have an Irish accent. I think it's because people look and think I am or don't recognise the accent or something. But it's mainly nonwhite people who confuse it lol I also have loads of Irish and Scottish descent mates.

Why you gonna talk nepalese to me? It's pronounced Namaste by the way. It means hello.

Ahhh tbf I'm really bad at recognising different races by just looking at someone.
Why you gonna talk nepalese to me? It's pronounced Namaste by the way. It means hello.

Ahhh tbf I'm really bad at recognising different races by just looking at someone.

I've heard people say namaste to say hell lol
I actually think I'm pretty good at recognising by faces. Like I would rarely confuse Chinese for someone from Philippines or Thailand. It gets tricky when you see someone mixed but in general they're quite different. I can definitely tell by accent and names. No idea how people screw that stuff up lol
Reply 53
GaY LoL :biggrin: Even my sister asks me if I am.
Original post by 0to100
I've heard people say namaste to say hell lol
I actually think I'm pretty good at recognising by faces. Like I would rarely confuse Chinese for someone from Philippines or Thailand. It gets tricky when you see someone mixed but in general they're quite different. I can definitely tell by accent and names. No idea how people screw that stuff up lol

Really? There's a few languages which have Namaste e.g. Indians say it as well.
I can't tell the difference between accents either :tongue: or names.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Nigerian:colonhash: :hand: :puke: i am Ghanaian :h: we make the best Jollof period:h:

I also get mistaken for Eddie Murphy lookalike:colonhash:

Why you throwing up about being mistaken for another African ethnicity? Weird, black on black lol
Reply 56
a tree
Original post by 0to100
Why you throwing up about being mistaken for another African ethnicity? Weird, black on black lol

Haha it is just banter:tongue:
Original post by Serine Soul
Pakistani

Biggest insult tbh

Jkjk

I know, right?
arab or turkish

even tho im a pakistani lol

Quick Reply

Latest