The Student Room Group

Where exactly can you meet girls?

Really where? You approach them at work and you are considered to be harrassing them or being sexist against them. There are countless stories where a woman was flirted with by a guy on camera or at work etc. and it came to news as sexist.

You can't approach them in the street, or in a public place - you are a creep and perverted. They look at you like you have an open wound on your face.

Approaching girls in clubs to get a girlfriend is not the way to go.

Girls don't play sports or go to as many quirky things as guys. If I go to the poker club I go to there isn't a single girl. A lot of sports are split up sex wise, and regardless many more men so fitness related or sport related activity.

Is it any wonder that tinder and the like is becoming the norm when you are considered as some kind of dirtbag for approaching a women in day to day life? It seems the only way is through friends etc but that's not so easy or volume wise good enough to meet enough girls to find one that suits you.

Scroll to see replies

I think the specific kind of approaching you're doing or consider as approaching is being thought of as creepy.

I'm not a fan of the approach. I'dmuch rather start a platonic relationship then move on from there if something develops. But even if you were to approach girls, it would be best in a setting where it can be done comfortably and where you can discover shared interests. Usually a workplace or academic setting, but where you approach it indirectly or at least somewhay subtly.
ᵀˢᴿ

Spoiler

Spoiler

Do rowing mate, a lot of girls do that sport :smile:
I hear any Victory Road is a very good place to meet a high-achieving girls who will always initiate contact first.
Reply 6
Start going to bars and clubs alone
Original post by Anonymous
Really where? You approach them at work and you are considered to be harrassing them or being sexist against them. There are countless stories where a woman was flirted with by a guy on camera or at work etc. and it came to news as sexist.

You can't approach them in the street, or in a public place - you are a creep and perverted. They look at you like you have an open wound on your face.

Approaching girls in clubs to get a girlfriend is not the way to go.

Girls don't play sports or go to as many quirky things as guys. If I go to the poker club I go to there isn't a single girl. A lot of sports are split up sex wise, and regardless many more men so fitness related or sport related activity.

Is it any wonder that tinder and the like is becoming the norm when you are considered as some kind of dirtbag for approaching a women in day to day life? It seems the only way is through friends etc but that's not so easy or volume wise good enough to meet enough girls to find one that suits you.

Perhaps gym classes and meet up groups? I am a female and I wonder the same thing as not many men approach me in public places during the day time. I also thought perhaps it's due to the fear of being called out as a creep. There is a difference between approaching and harassing and it's a shame a few noisy feminists had to ruin it for the rest of us.
I once got to know a girl by accidentally knocking her over at boots
In the kitchen...
Perhaps gym classes and meet up groups? I am a female and I wonder the same thing as not many men approach me in public places during the day time. I also thought perhaps it's due to the fear of being called out as a creep. There is a difference between approaching and harassing and it's a shame a few noisy feminists had to ruin it for the rest of us.

Meet up groups? Such as?
Original post by BristolFresher15
I think the specific kind of approaching you're doing or consider as approaching is being thought of as creepy.

I'm not a fan of the approach. I'dmuch rather start a platonic relationship then move on from there if something develops. But even if you were to approach girls, it would be best in a setting where it can be done comfortably and where you can discover shared interests. Usually a workplace or academic setting, but where you approach it indirectly or at least somewhay subtly.

Not understanding what you are saying. How is what I am doing according to you creepier than what anyone else in doing in approaching a girl? I didn't say anything for you to make you think that or even come up with that idea. Aand then you say or consider as approaching is being thought of creepy - well that pertains more to the truth and goes to my point. There isn't actually a place where it is appropriate to approach a girl without being assumed to be creepy.

Do you see men approaching girls and eventually asking for their number? No, doesn't happen like that. Nothing wrong with a bit of a chit chat or a few words here and there but I wouldn't say it is cool and probably a lot of females will be creeped by it.
Original post by plstudent
Meet up groups? Such as?

exactly. I go to poker once a week and no girl ever turns up and if there is one it is usually a 35 year old women with kids! It's really sad but girls really don't have many interests in the way men do, which works against them and makes everything into a tinder type market where the focus is now online as a meeting point.
Damn straight, I find that girls you are interested in don't want to know and girls that are interested in you, I happen to not really be interested in them. God damn nightmare really, but still there's always the oldest profession to turn to if you're feeling a little lonely :wink:
Original post by plstudent
Meet up groups? Such as?

Depends what city/town you are in and what you are interested in... I'm in London so there are loads.
Brothel.
Original post by Berke0
If all else fails just rape them

Rape jokes aint funny
Do you see men approaching girls and eventually asking for their number? No, doesn't happen like that. Nothing wrong with a bit of a chit chat or a few words here and there but I wouldn't say it is cool and probably a lot of females will be creeped by it.

Yes that's the thing I you have to build some rapport up before you ask for numbers etc. By going to some sort of class or group you will have the opportunity to see them a few times. Some level of rapport always has to be exercised no matter how casual the interaction even when strangers hook up together drunk at nightclubs they have to talk to each other first they can't just have sex.

It seems you attach a lot of fear to being perceived as a 'creep'. I don't blame you and it must be scary but to a certain extent I think you just need to swallow your pride. Maybe look at any past experiences have you been shamed or humiliated by women before? I've been turned down by men and made fun of but I've just had to move on.
Reply 19
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Rape jokes aint funny

It wasn't a joke

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending