The Student Room Group

Young Muslim Female needing some guidance in life...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I clicked on this thread and my stack overflowed
Original post by Imperion
"Paragraphs..."

LMAO
Oh haha...
Reply 82
Hey I am in the same situation as you it's almost surreal. I am a Muslim girl as well and I try to be a good Muslim but I just can't and I don't know why.My parents also pray every day and read the Quran but I don't. They tell me that I should pray but they never force me to. I do love my religion and the beliefs and stories that it contains.I study the Quran and Islam and Judaism and Christianity I am a strong believer in religious pluralism. I was born in to a Muslim family too but I recently discovered that I come from a direct line of an ancient powerful Jewish family, which I'm extremely proud of because it just proves that all these religious conflicts are pointless and stupid because somewhere we are all related.

The point that I'm trying to make is that maybe you're trying to be the perfect Muslim in the wrong way. Try it from another angle. I think you should stick to piano and music because those are things you enjoy and I play the piano too and I am part of the orchestra in my school which is really cool. But Islam isn't just about praying and fasting because some Muslims pray and fast but they can be the nastiest people ever. Give some importance to prayer and try to pray regularly but change your attitude. In Islam its about your intentions. You need to open your heart, be kinder and help more people do things for the right reasons don't do things with alternate motives.This is what you need to start doing because Muslims are supposed to love and accept everyone also learn more about your religion so you understand why we are told to do the things we do because you will want to do them more once you know the reason. This is what I did and it really helped. But never try to be the perfect Muslim because you can't nothing and no one can be perfect that is why I think you are upset at your self . You need to accept that you can't be perfect you're only human but God isn't and he is all merciful and all knowing so as long as you try to be kind and follow the rules and repent God will forgive you and guide you more.
The reason you feel like this is because God loves you and he gave you a second chance before you broke your connection even more with him. I hope this helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so I don't really know where to begin, there's times where I've really thought about things and It's happened again recently and it's made me feel down so I thought I'd ask for help since I need some answers, some guidance. Everything I've just written here I just did it all in one go trying to express everything I can clearly what's on my mind, sorry if it doesn't all make sense and for it being a long essay.. So, I've been having lots of thought about life and religion. I just feel a bit lost and confused and I don't really know how to live life. I'm not having a lot of doubts but more just questioning about life and religion. I just need to tell someone about all my thoughts and everything and hopefully get some advice too because really I don't know how to live how I should live my life…I do believe in Islam but then again maybe I don't truly believe everything, because which Muslim follows every single rule in the Quran?My religion is Islam and I'm a Muslim teenage girl. I was born into a Muslim family, all my family is Muslim, as well as my relatives and cousins etc. I was brought up with being a Muslim and following Islam. But im not really that religious or strict. My family in general isn't really either. Ever since I was young, it was the norm to go mosque after school and My brothers and sisters went but I started late until I was like 8 years old I think. But then I stopped going after like 2 years I didn't really like it much. Then after I had a teacher come to my house and read at home. Didn't like the teacher and after a while I started going to this girls house to read, she was only 2 years older than me but she'd help me read and I wasn't even on Quran that time, I still had to learn the books before that. And eventually I was on Quran and I had finished it once. But I just did all of that cause I had to, you know being brought up as Muslim you just have to do these things but I never understood things properly. Okay that was just a bit of background not that relevant,, but more to the point, I'm just struggling to be a good Muslim, it's so hard to be a good Muslim. Like I want to be the perfect Muslim, but obviously there is no such thing as being perfect. But a really good Muslim, but I don't know if I can ever do that. Hate to say it but I don't even practice at all, read the Quran or pray. I've never actually properly prayed ever in my life. Never 5 times a day. I've lied countless of times saying that I've prayed, for example when I went to mosque and I had to record when I've prayed and then get my parents to sign it but it was all fake. There are so many times I touched and read the Quran without having done wudu or I have but then it breaks… And it's because it was just so tired or lazy. And I hate myself for things looking back it. Like my childhood, I didn't really enjoy I, it wasn't that good. But that was the past, so no point dwelling on the past. But In today's age and society, living in the UK, in a western society it really is hard to be such a good Muslim. Well really it isn't hard if you just follow the rules and what the Quran says. But like, for me, I don't even pray at all, and I know I should I feel so bad but then again my family aren't actually that strict as in they don't force me to do whatever, both my parents do pray every single day and read Quran and even watch Islamic lectures, they do tell me to pray and often say it and I'm just like okay, I will or something. None of my siblings pray at all, probably just on Eid. I don't even fast properly, it's so hard to and I hate being hungry all the time. I find it really hard to keep going, and I'm underweight and I'm trying to eat more but at this time I can't. Like I have fasted many times before, but I haven't kept every single fast, like I intentionally don't fast sometimes but other times I do but I don't even pray, I just fast..and I know the obvious things that break fast but I just find it hard to not listen to music at all.. Does that really break the fast? And watching tv. And I know you shouldn't even really do those things especially during Ramadan, you should be praying and reading more..but I want to do enjoyable things too like play piano and listen to music.. It's just so hard.But just now in general every day life. We all do haram things and sin and we do it knowingly it as well. As in, I love listening to music and all things music, Ive taken piano lessons and I still learn to play the piano, and I want to become really good at playing piano. Like if I actually had to live without music, I'd find it hard and life would be boring. Can't I do things I like to, as well as trying to do good things. It's so hard to explain what I'm really thinking and you probably don't understand properly what I'm trying to get at because really I don't really understand either. Music is haram, forbidden yet many of us listen to it and engage in music activity. I know if I wanted to be a really good Muslim, you shouldn't be doing this but I just can't give it up like, all my life I've been brought up in the western society and now just music is a part of everyday life. I intentionally listen to music and spend time doing it, and I know it's actually in the book of Quran a waste of time but it's so hard to not do this, it's a part of me. And there's just so many other big and little things that I do that isn't really liked but it's just a part of my life. Like, I just can't explain it well it's really frustrating me right now. I'm such a bad Muslim, I intentionally don't pray,, but I know I shouldn't but All the things I should do is what I'm meant to do as a Muslim, it's more about following the duty rather than doing it because you want to and not because you have to. What I'm trying to say is I want to have the want to do these things to be a better Muslim not just do it for the sake of doing these things so I can be seen as better Muslim…. Don't know if that makes sense.The main thing is I want to be that perfect Muslim.. But I know I can't. Like I don't wear a hijab, or any religious clothing at all, only if I was go pray etc. I don’t know why but Ive always never worn a scarf and don’t intend to because I've never had, like That is just how I am now. My hair is always out but that's just the decision I made, like if someone told me to wear a scarf I wouldn't want to. But then when I think about people wearing a scarf, it's good to but then What's the point of wearing a scarf if we do bad things anyway?But like I don't know I just don't wear a scarf and haven't thought about wearing one and I guess that is my personal choice, but can I still be a good Muslim not wearing a scarf in public? Theres just so many problems, how can I be truly happy when I know I'm not being the perfect Muslim. The problem is that I want to please others, but really I should just do what pleases God, but everything that I do most of the stuff I just don't. I jus don't even know what Im saying, nothing is coming clear, I just feel really frustrated and I feel down. Questioning and thinking about my faith really gets me down I don't want to be like this. Life is just so hard I'm struggling, what is the purpose of life? That is to get into heaven right? And to get into heaven ones good deeds must overweigh the bad deeds right? So Shall I just try to do as many good things as I can, and even I do bad things, knowing ad unknowingly, as long as I try my best to do good and have good intentions that's what counts right? I just don't know what I'm living for anymore, What to do. I just want to be at a good path.. But what I do in life, does it matter what I do as long as I'm happy? Surely God would want us to be happy with whatever we do in life, as long as I am still trying to be a good Muslim, at the same time. Like we do bad things, but also good things to make up for it.. It's just such a struggle. Like lots of Muslim girls, pluck their eyebrows too, and it's haram but they still do it anyway. And it does look good when people do that, and I'm thinking should I do it too? Because what's the point, we do other bad things anyway like listening to music. Also, as long as we don't do any of he major sins, like drinking alcohol, and we try our best to avoid he minor sins, and do the best good things we can.. Is that okay? I know, God have us free will but At the same time he gave us the Quran. And we're meant to follow all the rules.. But it's like I'm choosing to follow some and others not.. And at some point in my life I've started becoming more aware of what I eat and I always check the ingredients, because there are so many haram ingredients in foods but sometimes there are times when we just eat things and we don't know for certain whether it's completely halal or not. I mean I try my best to make sure everything I eat is halal, and if it's it then it can't be my fault entirely, it's to like I'm intentionally choosing to eat it, it's impossible to know whether anything is truly halal or not.. So yeah.. Also why do I have so many desires and habits that are bad and go against what we shouldn't do. I hate it, it becomes a cycle I have so many bad habits. Even though I don't pray right now, I hope that one Day I start but I feel like I'll never be able to pray 5 times a day. I do pray to Allah in my head whenever I need help and I do remember Allah and think about just in general almost all the time. But, I'm just so lazy in life right now and ugh I'm not a good human being. I'm just so lost, I I really don't know what to do as a Muslim living in this corrupted world..but no it's not like I'm not considering changing faiths or just not being a Muslim anymore, even though I've thought about if I wasn't a Muslim. Life would be easier cos I can do whatever I want..but still that is such a sin and the people who've done it and became ex Muslim I don't understand why. But then again it's not my life. I've just been brought into the world as a Muslim, but I don't even know a lot about Islam, like all the times I've read learning Quran, we just read it without even knowing what it means? What's the point then? There are English translations, but it's hard to understand because the English used is a bit different. I've just been rambling on and on, nothing is clear to me and I feel so hopeless right now.There's so many more issues and concerns I can't think clear enough to put it in words. There's also so many things in life I don't understand and things that I never will…and just want to change and become better, but I don't know how to start and it's so hard.

To be honest, from a very outside perspective; I don't understand the logic of people saying 'pray more' - seems like having a job which you know you need to do - but instead of following it through and sorting it - you just push it further under the carpet.
- I'd say you need to try and differentiate what is your own though and what is other people's thought that has been ingrained into you from a young age, and to get through this issue, be brave and follow it right through; lead your thoughts to their logical conclusions.
Life is yours - Questioning your authorities is the first step towards real thinking.
It would be an awful shame to grow older, having continually pushed these feelings away, and then realise after-all that your life has been lived on someone else's terms, which were never truly yours.
- Unfortunately - controversial, perhaps - a lot of absolute religions which demand the sacrifice of a persons life, thrive on the suppression of individual thought.
Reply 84
Lol, all these replies asking op to "liberate" herself from religion when she asked how to be a better muslim,
That's like telling the best way to avoid your kid dying from a choking hazard is to not have kids.
Learn to use paragraphs, please.
Original post by RizK
Lol, all these replies asking op to "liberate" herself from religion when she asked how to be a better muslim,
That's like telling the best way to avoid your kid dying from a choking hazard is to not have kids.

I think these form of responses, are largely due to the obvious elephant in the room - which is the reason behind all the doubt, and the lack of practice.. to many, minimal and reluctant action suggests a much more fundamental lack of passion, and true ideological affiliation towards an activity/way of life. - Things we truly believe in are not regarded as monotony.

And therefore, for those who see it, it would be an injustice to simply say 'pray more' and push these deeper concerns away.
- Anyway, each to their own - if you post a thread indiscriminately - you get varied responses.
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
You, my good sir, have not heard of Pascal :u:

Pascal's Wager is deeply flawed, that's the point.
Reply 88
There's no compulsion in religion but if they leave it, kill them?? (That's in a Hadith though)

Islam allows you to have slaves (which your allowed to have sex with). It allows you to marry children. It allows you to beat your wife if they constantly disobey Allah (but not vice versa).

Don't say "this was just back then" because people still do it today and justify it using Quran and Hadith. And why would it even be okay to do it back then???

Original post by Withengar
Oh, all the whitewashing and brainwashing you have to do to stay a Muslim.

The context isn't important here, unlike in so many cases. When you mention violence, murder, pillage and vile destruction, it's pretty obvious. But, since I knew you would bring it up, I checked the context. It mostly has to do with Muslim relationships with atheists, other faiths and community organization in general. This is presented as real world advice for actual people. This is in the Quran. You can't deny it. You can't diminish its vileness and its utter madness, especially not with a few cherry-picked quotes. I have dozens of more examples of violence and prejudice in the Quran, while you have rare, cherry-picked examples which are too little and too sparse.

Moreover, this is just one example regarding violence against unbelievers and other groups. I didn't even get to military conquest and spreading of Islam by the sword, blatant and disgusting discrimination and mistreatment of women and dehumanization of non-Muslims.

Actually read your damn book you child and admit it - it's not ultimate morality, it's not holy, it's not enlightened - it's a primitive set of beliefs and acts of prejudiced, hateful, violent desert tribes. Set of beliefs and acts that have no place in the modern world.

Violence, bigotry, prejudice, sexism, murder and torture have no place in the world. So therefore, the Quran is worthy of nothing but contempt and utter mockery. It never was and will never be about love or peace - it's main message is violence.

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, she must be silent."
"This is what the Lord Almighty says ... 'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them,
but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.' "
When men fight with one another, and the wife of the one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of him who is beating him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the private parts, then you shall cut off her hand. Deuteronomy 25:11-12

The Lord will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head. Deuteronomy 28:30-31,35

"Wives, submit to you husbands as to the Lord";
You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this

he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die.

Here are some quotes from the Bible. The Qu'ran is not the only holy book that contains some undue words. Please do not base the whole of Islam on a few quotes that 99% of Muslims do not follow, just like many Christians do not follow theirs. You may say that Islam is not a religion of peace but I would say it is. Yes, the quran is the main centrepiece of Islam however, Islam is a whole wide world community filled with people with different races and cultures. Some of the reasons you give for Islam not being a peaceful religion is actually mainly to do with culture, not the religion. It is actually quite ignorant they way you speak and it is quite upsetting. It is quite clear that you have never properly met or spoke with a muslim person otherwise you would realise that we are just like any other person, just with different beliefs. The world has around 2 billion Muslims, if Islam were truly a violent religion, then we would all probably be dead by now as all muslims would supposedly be violent due to following this 'violent' religion. I urge to go on youtube and watch things such as a hajj pilgrimage : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7-2INO8a7Q

Can't you see the peacefulness and love surrounding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnpXfVKyszA

I live in an area which is predominantly white and at my school, I am the only muslim in my year. It's great being different and I love my friends. However, whenever me and my family travel up to London or Birmingham to see my relatives or go to weddings (btw Asian/Islamic weddings are the best , music, food, dancing, jewels, man I love them so much aha) I feel most happy and I have so much fun. Sometimes its an overwhelming experience because I just love my family and religion so much.
I accept that some Muslims have disgusting views such as beating/raping women however this is mainly a culture problem and people don't do this because of what it says in the quran, they do it because they are a sick minded person. Also, it is not just muslims who do this, its a worldwide problem and the reasons for people doing it is mainly due to the person themselves, not because they are msulim/Christian etc.
Some people say that Isis is a representative for all muslims but it is really not!!! Isis is an abomination to everyone's eyes and an abomination to Islam. No one can really call these members muslims seriously. They have even set fire to the Qu'ran, how would they be muslims?? In fact most of the victims of Isis are muslims! You simply cannot generalise a whole group of people due to the actions of a few. Isis only makes up less than 1% out of the billions in this world.
Please do not say that Islam is not a peaceful religion based on some surahs opposed to the hundreds of surahs that are peaceful and give guidance. The majority of Muslims are peace-loving people. All religions have violent followers
Sorry, I don't have the best words, I'm only 15 sooo aha
'Growing up in a massive Muslim community, the first thing i learnt about behavior is it is always relative. The same law in the Qur'an is interpreted differently by different people. And the driving force behind this relativism is one's own innate ability to judge right from wrong. Family values and the way a parent raises their kids, and more importantly, the example the kid sees being practiced by their parents, plays the largest part. Society, culture, close social circle, personal experiences all go into forging the person we become.Education level and intellect also impacts the religiosity of one self. Correlation between an increase in education level and a decline in religiosity has been seen in all fields and in all cultures. Literal believers of the creation story, of talking snakes, Adam and Eve, those most fervently against homosexuality, are largely from less educated backgrounds. Ask any young Muslim growing up in a developed country, with a good level of education weather they would say they favor the death penalty for a friend they know who leaves Islam. Their answer will be a strong "of course not". Ask the same in a place where education is scarce and politics, religion and law are basically the same ruling body, and the answer to the same question will be quite an eye opener to the practicing young Muslims in the first scenario.'

Peace :smile: xx
If you haven't watched the previous videos I linked, pleeeasse watch this one, its really good and practically sums up;
btw I know you're not saying every muslim is a terrorist but I'm basically tryna say the same message
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOnfZTOMBYc
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Pascal's Wager is deeply flawed, that's the point.

The idea of tricking God has a great appeal, but you are right.
Couldn't have said it better my sister

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
Original post by rihana.c

Here are some quotes from the Bible. The Qu'ran is not the only holy book that contains some undue words. Please do not base the whole of Islam on a few quotes that 99% of Muslims do not follow, just like many Christians do not follow theirs.

Nobody said that, but the Qu'ran is - according to Muslims - the literal word of God, which makes it much more difficult to disregard violent verses, as Christians have done with the Bible over the last decades. You therefore cannot compare the Qu'ran with the Bible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wait wait wait wait wait so you're saying that just because Christians haven't done anything in "the last decades" it makes it ok for them? Some Christians have done unlawful things throughout centuries so you're going to pin point SOME Muslims for doing it for a very small fraction of that time. PLUS ISIS DOESN'T EVEN COUNT which I think is what you're most likely considering BECAUSE THERE IS NO PROOF THEY'RE MUSLIM. OH WHAT, THEY SAID THEY WERE MUSLIM SO THEY'RE MUSLIM? Wrong, they're killing Muslims as well and anyone who doesn't agree with there unlawful ways.

NOW CAN WE PLEASE STOP THIS POINTLESS ARGUMENT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RizK
This is a sign of weak imaan. You questioning, it's because you are straying away from your prayers sister.

Ah, imaan. That old reverence for totalitarianism, dressed up to be something commendable. The less critical you are, the more virtuous you become, and vice versa. For all his faults, Muhammad sure knew how to make it hard for people to see through his charlatanism. :moon:

Please don't look to start arguments with me for the things I've said. They're my beliefs, and I would love if the internet would start to respect my beliefs too without trying to attack it at every possible opportunity. You guys respect people with frankly weird opinions, so why not theists and muslims?

You're entitled to tolerance of your beliefs; respect, however, has to be earned.
Reply 94
Why you Gotta be so long
Here are some quotes from the Bible. The Qu'ran is not the only holy book that contains some undue words.

See here: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque.

Also see Josb's reply to you.

Original post by Mrs.Grey
Wait wait wait wait wait so you're saying that just because Christians haven't done anything in "the last decades" it makes it ok for them?

No. Just that what Christians have done/continue to do has no bearing on how we judge the actions of Muslims, or anyone else. Their actions are their own, and are to be judged separately - atrocities on the part of group X don't mitigate/make worse atrocities on the part of group Y. Try going into a court of law charged with burglary and use 'but other people also burglarise!' as a defence, and see where it gets you.

PLUS ISIS DOESN'T EVEN COUNT which I think is what you're most likely considering BECAUSE THERE IS NO PROOF THEY'RE MUSLIM. OH WHAT, THEY SAID THEY WERE MUSLIM SO THEY'RE MUSLIM?

They're quite open about the fact that it is their belief that there is only one god and that Muhammad is his messenger, so yes, they are Muslims. The rest is detail.

Wrong, they're killing Muslims as well and anyone who doesn't agree with there unlawful ways.

As far as they're concerned, people who don't agree with them and their 'unlawful' (they would argue that there's nothing unlawful about what they do) ways are non-Muslims/apostates, and that therefore it is lawful to kill them.
Reply 96
Original post by Hydeman
See here: https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque.

Also see Josb's reply to you. .

That's quite immature, I wasn't even responding with criticism I was simply arguing my point. How was I criticising anyone???

Original post by Hydeman
No. Just that what Christians have done/continue to do has no bearing on how we judge the actions of Muslims, or anyone else. Their actions are their own, and are to be judged separately - atrocities on the part of group X don't mitigate/make worse atrocities on the part of group Y. Try going into a court of law charged with burglary and use 'but other people also burglarise!' as a defence, and see where it gets you. .

But the thing is, you seem like the person who would only criticise islam . If someone were to judge a muslim based on how theyre following their religion but judge a Christian a different way or less based on the same way they were following their religion, then it wouldn't really be fair would it?

Original post by Hydeman
They're quite open about the fact that it is their belief that there is only one god and that Muhammad is his messenger, so yes, they are Muslims. The rest is detail .

Just cos someone says theyre muslim, doesn't make them muslim. Youre too ignorant, I don't see how anyone would class them as muslims. They are just using islam as a way to justify their horrible action and even then, they have grossly misinterpreted the verses in the quran. Though, I doubt they even read the quran.

Original post by Hydeman
As far as they're concerned, people who don't agree with them and their 'unlawful' (they would argue that there's nothing unlawful about what they do) ways are non-Muslims/apostates, and that therefore it is lawful to kill them.

They don't just kill non-muslims, cant you see? They are killing EVERYONE no matter what their belief showing how they cannot be true muslims! As I said before, isis is an abomination to everyone and an abomination to islam
That's quite immature, I wasn't even responding with criticism I was simply arguing my point. How was I criticising anyone???

I didn't say you were criticising anyone. :confused: I was simply arguing against your point.

But the thing is, you seem like the person who would only criticise islam .

That's a pretty bold assumption. :erm: As it happens, an incorrect one. I see all religion as false and worthy of criticism; it just so happens that this is a thread about Islam, which is why I'm talking about Islam.

If someone were to judge a muslim based on how theyre following their religion but judge a Christian a different way or less based on the same way they were following their religion, then it wouldn't really be fair would it?

It wouldn't be fair, no. But that's not what's being proposed - what I've said is that everyone is responsible for their own actions, independent of what anybody else has done/is doing.

It's illogical to claim that any of the violent passages in the Koran are vindicated/not as bad as they would otherwise be because another holy book also contains violent passages (the same is true in the opposite situation).

Just cos someone says theyre muslim, doesn't make them muslim.

I didn't say that it does.

Youre too ignorant

A fine argument, that.

I don't see how anyone would class them as muslims.

If one defines a Muslim as someone who believes in the oneness of God and in Muhammad being a messenger of God, I don't see how anyone wouldn't. Note that the argument about whether they are Muslims or not is entirely separate from the argument about whether they follow Islam 'properly.'

They are just using islam as a way to justify their horrible action and even then, they have grossly misinterpreted the verses in the quran. Though, I doubt they even read the quran.

I know that the need to dissociate yourself from such an organisation must be overwhelming, but without evidence these statements are simply conjecture.

They don't just kill non-muslims, cant you see?

I do see - I acknowledged that they do, but included the explanation that you seem determined to evade, that they don't themselves see many of the Muslims they kill as Muslims. Your charge is that they are killing Muslims despite knowing and acknowledging that that is what they are doing; this is false.

Note also that simply killing another Muslim does not take a Muslim out of the fold of Islam, especially when this comes in the form of a death penalty for what has been deemed a criminal offence.

They are killing EVERYONE no matter what their belief showing how they cannot be true muslims!

As above.
(edited 7 years ago)
Okay so I don't really know where to begin, there's times where I've really thought about things and It's happened again recently and it's made me feel down so I thought I'd ask for help since I need some answers, some guidance. Everything I've just written here I just did it all in one go trying to express everything I can clearly what's on my mind, sorry if it doesn't all make sense and for it being a long essay.. So, I've been having lots of thought about life and religion. I just feel a bit lost and confused and I don't really know how to live life. I'm not having a lot of doubts but more just questioning about life and religion. I just need to tell someone about all my thoughts and everything and hopefully get some advice too because really I don't know how to live how I should live my life…I do believe in Islam but then again maybe I don't truly believe everything, because which Muslim follows every single rule in the Quran?My religion is Islam and I'm a Muslim teenage girl. I was born into a Muslim family, all my family is Muslim, as well as my relatives and cousins etc. I was brought up with being a Muslim and following Islam. But im not really that religious or strict. My family in general isn't really either. Ever since I was young, it was the norm to go mosque after school and My brothers and sisters went but I started late until I was like 8 years old I think. But then I stopped going after like 2 years I didn't really like it much. Then after I had a teacher come to my house and read at home. Didn't like the teacher and after a while I started going to this girls house to read, she was only 2 years older than me but she'd help me read and I wasn't even on Quran that time, I still had to learn the books before that. And eventually I was on Quran and I had finished it once. But I just did all of that cause I had to, you know being brought up as Muslim you just have to do these things but I never understood things properly. Okay that was just a bit of background not that relevant,, but more to the point, I'm just struggling to be a good Muslim, it's so hard to be a good Muslim. Like I want to be the perfect Muslim, but obviously there is no such thing as being perfect. But a really good Muslim, but I don't know if I can ever do that. Hate to say it but I don't even practice at all, read the Quran or pray. I've never actually properly prayed ever in my life. Never 5 times a day. I've lied countless of times saying that I've prayed, for example when I went to mosque and I had to record when I've prayed and then get my parents to sign it but it was all fake. There are so many times I touched and read the Quran without having done wudu or I have but then it breaks… And it's because it was just so tired or lazy. And I hate myself for things looking back it. Like my childhood, I didn't really enjoy I, it wasn't that good. But that was the past, so no point dwelling on the past. But In today's age and society, living in the UK, in a western society it really is hard to be such a good Muslim. Well really it isn't hard if you just follow the rules and what the Quran says. But like, for me, I don't even pray at all, and I know I should I feel so bad but then again my family aren't actually that strict as in they don't force me to do whatever, both my parents do pray every single day and read Quran and even watch Islamic lectures, they do tell me to pray and often say it and I'm just like okay, I will or something. None of my siblings pray at all, probably just on Eid. I don't even fast properly, it's so hard to and I hate being hungry all the time. I find it really hard to keep going, and I'm underweight and I'm trying to eat more but at this time I can't. Like I have fasted many times before, but I haven't kept every single fast, like I intentionally don't fast sometimes but other times I do but I don't even pray, I just fast..and I know the obvious things that break fast but I just find it hard to not listen to music at all.. Does that really break the fast? And watching tv. And I know you shouldn't even really do those things especially during Ramadan, you should be praying and reading more..but I want to do enjoyable things too like play piano and listen to music.. It's just so hard.But just now in general every day life. We all do haram things and sin and we do it knowingly it as well. As in, I love listening to music and all things music, Ive taken piano lessons and I still learn to play the piano, and I want to become really good at playing piano. Like if I actually had to live without music, I'd find it hard and life would be boring. Can't I do things I like to, as well as trying to do good things. It's so hard to explain what I'm really thinking and you probably don't understand properly what I'm trying to get at because really I don't really understand either. Music is haram, forbidden yet many of us listen to it and engage in music activity. I know if I wanted to be a really good Muslim, you shouldn't be doing this but I just can't give it up like, all my life I've been brought up in the western society and now just music is a part of everyday life. I intentionally listen to music and spend time doing it, and I know it's actually in the book of Quran a waste of time but it's so hard to not do this, it's a part of me. And there's just so many other big and little things that I do that isn't really liked but it's just a part of my life. Like, I just can't explain it well it's really frustrating me right now. I'm such a bad Muslim, I intentionally don't pray,, but I know I shouldn't but All the things I should do is what I'm meant to do as a Muslim, it's more about following the duty rather than doing it because you want to and not because you have to. What I'm trying to say is I want to have the want to do these things to be a better Muslim not just do it for the sake of doing these things so I can be seen as better Muslim…. Don't know if that makes sense.The main thing is I want to be that perfect Muslim.. But I know I can't. Like I don't wear a hijab, or any religious clothing at all, only if I was go pray etc. I don’t know why but Ive always never worn a scarf and don’t intend to because I've never had, like That is just how I am now. My hair is always out but that's just the decision I made, like if someone told me to wear a scarf I wouldn't want to. But then when I think about people wearing a scarf, it's good to but then What's the point of wearing a scarf if we do bad things anyway?But like I don't know I just don't wear a scarf and haven't thought about wearing one and I guess that is my personal choice, but can I still be a good Muslim not wearing a scarf in public? Theres just so many problems, how can I be truly happy when I know I'm not being the perfect Muslim. The problem is that I want to please others, but really I should just do what pleases God, but everything that I do most of the stuff I just don't. I jus don't even know what Im saying, nothing is coming clear, I just feel really frustrated and I feel down. Questioning and thinking about my faith really gets me down I don't want to be like this. Life is just so hard I'm struggling, what is the purpose of life? That is to get into heaven right? And to get into heaven ones good deeds must overweigh the bad deeds right? So Shall I just try to do as many good things as I can, and even I do bad things, knowing ad unknowingly, as long as I try my best to do good and have good intentions that's what counts right? I just don't know what I'm living for anymore, What to do. I just want to be at a good path.. But what I do in life, does it matter what I do as long as I'm happy? Surely God would want us to be happy with whatever we do in life, as long as I am still trying to be a good Muslim, at the same time. Like we do bad things, but also good things to make up for it.. It's just such a struggle. Like lots of Muslim girls, pluck their eyebrows too, and it's haram but they still do it anyway. And it does look good when people do that, and I'm thinking should I do it too? Because what's the point, we do other bad things anyway like listening to music. Also, as long as we don't do any of he major sins, like drinking alcohol, and we try our best to avoid he minor sins, and do the best good things we can.. Is that okay? I know, God have us free will but At the same time he gave us the Quran. And we're meant to follow all the rules.. But it's like I'm choosing to follow some and others not.. And at some point in my life I've started becoming more aware of what I eat and I always check the ingredients, because there are so many haram ingredients in foods but sometimes there are times when we just eat things and we don't know for certain whether it's completely halal or not. I mean I try my best to make sure everything I eat is halal, and if it's it then it can't be my fault entirely, it's to like I'm intentionally choosing to eat it, it's impossible to know whether anything is truly halal or not.. So yeah.. Also why do I have so many desires and habits that are bad and go against what we shouldn't do. I hate it, it becomes a cycle I have so many bad habits. Even though I don't pray right now, I hope that one Day I start but I feel like I'll never be able to pray 5 times a day. I do pray to Allah in my head whenever I need help and I do remember Allah and think about just in general almost all the time. But, I'm just so lazy in life right now and ugh I'm not a good human being. I'm just so lost, I I really don't know what to do as a Muslim living in this corrupted world..but no it's not like I'm not considering changing faiths or just not being a Muslim anymore, even though I've thought about if I wasn't a Muslim. Life would be easier cos I can do whatever I want..but still that is such a sin and the people who've done it and became ex Muslim I don't understand why. But then again it's not my life. I've just been brought into the world as a Muslim, but I don't even know a lot about Islam, like all the times I've read learning Quran, we just read it without even knowing what it means? What's the point then? There are English translations, but it's hard to understand because the English used is a bit different. I've just been rambling on and on, nothing is clear to me and I feel so hopeless right now.There's so many more issues and concerns I can't think clear enough to put it in words. There's also so many things in life I don't understand and things that I never will…and just want to change and become better, but I don't know how to start and it's so hard.

tl;dr

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending