The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

To be honest, I miss doing PE in school since it's not compulsory for sixth formers. :cry:
Original post by niv1234
In our school we do dance in pe now, how is that meant to do anything to help me?

What the hell is that??😂😂 that's not PE anymore
Haha, I love PE, and I like most sports apart from gymnastics and long distance running. :tongue: I especially like cricket dodge ball and football because its fun to see people quiver when you pelt balls at them.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm terrible at sports, I still found PE fun, it should be optional but not banned.
Original post by niv1234
Yeah I know what you mean that has been my tactic for the last 5 years but my friends are nice to me so that whenever we are playing rounders or something I just hide with the batting team and never do anything. Tbh I am doing my team a favour by doing this.

I hate the lectures the teachers give 'you are not helping your team blah blah blah' just want to tell them I honestly couldn't care less and I have bigger things to worry about.

I use to just stand there in rounders. I stood on the left side when facing the batter. (The ball usually doesn't go there) But also I stand near to someone who is athletic so if the ball does come the other person would get it. Did that in most sports, I just stood near to someone else. When it came to batting, I would either pretend that I already have or just not put any effort into it, I wouldn't even try. I could still get a rounder here and then as the fielders threw it quite far away when they were throwing it to each other.
I don't mind exercising at all but my PE teachers were horrible and used to make us perform individually infront of everyone else sometimes which I found embarrassing, our PE lessons were so horrible it made some people skive lessons or fake a sick note. They used to read out our running scores in front of everyone too so it was embarrassing if you didn't do well one of my friends cried because she came last and they told everyone. I think we should pick what we do during pe lessons, for example we could play tennis with a friend, jog around the field with friends or play netball or football in a group.
It should be banned because...

fat shaming.
yea op you're right, it is a free country. i can be ignorant of mathematics if i like.

scrap the national curriculum!
Original post by Calzs34
I'm terrible at sports, I still found PE fun, it should be optional but not banned.

I guess thats a fair choice.
Original post by Konahagakure
What the hell is that??😂😂 that's not PE anymore

In year 11, we have different things we can choose to do and I chose dance, it was the lesser of two evils so to speak.
Original post by Implication
yea op you're right, it is a free country. i can be ignorant of mathematics if i like.

scrap the national curriculum!

Yes!! Exaclty, we should be able to choose what we want to learn. The national curriculum just sucks the life out of learning. Nowadays we aren't even really learning, we are just told how to pass exams. Exams don't really indicate how good a person is at a subject they are just a huge memory test.
:lol:

Ban it and do gym stuff at home... best idea ever!
Original post by Namita Gurung
To be honest, I miss doing PE in school since it's not compulsory for sixth formers. :cry:

same, but I still aim to exercise everyday!
PE is my favourite class. Who wouldn't want to play football for an hour in school.
Original post by Kholmes1
I use to just stand there in rounders. I stood on the left side when facing the batter. (The ball usually doesn't go there) But also I stand near to someone who is athletic so if the ball does come the other person would get it. Did that in most sports, I just stood near to someone else. When it came to batting, I would either pretend that I already have or just not put any effort into it, I wouldn't even try. I could still get a rounder here and then as the fielders threw it quite far away when they were throwing it to each other.

Good tactics. I tell my friends I don't want to bat and they are ok with it as it is good for me and for them. When the other team is batting I just don't move to fielding and just stand there and chat with them, they are alright with that too.
Am i the only one that genuinely enjoyed every PE lesson?
Reply 36
Why ban PE. It's a doss lesson and you could just play football, rugby and have a laugh with your mates. Just a chill lesson really.
I see that you're still alive, after months from not cumming on this site.
I think there should be PE, with a bit more variety and imagination as to what the sports are. There should also be an adequate time to change before and afterwards, and the appropriate equipment where needed.
Original post by JordanHardy
PE is my favourite class. Who wouldn't want to play football for an hour in school.

Me. What is the point in it? I would rather be doing anything but sports. It should totally be optional it is literally the bane of my school life, the only subject that I can say I undoubtedly hate. Just why would you willingly put yourself through that? People get violent, competitive and aggressive, it just brings out the worst in people. Also you get projectile, dangerous objects flying towards you- that is a true health and safety risk and should be banned.

Ok, rant over, Sorry everyone.

Latest