The Student Room Group

CH1 Wjec 2016 Resit applicants

Did anyone sit the WJEC CH1 legacy paper today?
Reply 1
I did! How did you find it?
Not that bad...you guys..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by dont leave blank
Not that bad...you guys..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I was doing it I thought it was going really badly, but once I came out and compared answers I think it was ok :smile: Did you get a postive or negative value for the Hess' law question?
Original post by Ser_
When I was doing it I thought it was going really badly, but once I came out and compared answers I think it was ok :smile: Did you get a postive or negative value for the Hess' law question?

I think I had negative...what about you..?

What bout the reaction we had to write (I think it NO with something) ..? Don't remember it..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
I thought it was okay, but I ran out of time so I rushed quite a few questions!!
Reply 6
I think I had negative...what about you..?

What bout the reaction we had to write (I think it NO with something) ..? Don't remember it..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I had negative too! I think I had something like 2NO + 2CO --> N2 + 2CO2
Original post by Ser_
Yeah I had negative too! I think I had something like 2NO + 2CO --> N2 + 2CO2

I forgot to balance the equation I think,.. i was rushing it :frown:
I thought that the questions were nice, but I did not have much time at all. I skipped a few challenging questions to come back to, and then I didn't have any time at the end. I was shocked considering I could finish the practice questions in about 1 hour and 10 minutes. It was a mad rush, and when I think back to the exam, I don't remember much of the questions. Anyone else feel this way? (Maybe it was just me that's not in exam mode yet!) :smile:
Original post by ZoMcCartney
I thought that the questions were nice, but I did not have much time at all. I skipped a few challenging questions to come back to, and then I didn't have any time at the end. I was shocked considering I could finish the practice questions in about 1 hour and 10 minutes. It was a mad rush, and when I think back to the exam, I don't remember much of the questions. Anyone else feel this way? (Maybe it was just me that's not in exam mode yet!) :smile:

you're not alone...I am just hoping for a low grade boundaries now...what do you think grade boundaries will be for this one??
you're not alone...I am just hoping for a low grade boundaries now...what do you think grade boundaries will be for this one??

Me too. I'm not too worried as I got a decent grade last year, just wanted to bump it up a bit. It is just a little frustrating as I spent so much time trying to recap my knowledge on the course. I was so confident!
What went wrong?!

Hmm... I think it will go either way: it will either be high because most people taking it are all A2 chemistry students (so they expect us to do well), or it will be low because the questions were a bit more "alternative" the the past few years.
Looking back, most of the boundaries are around 57/58 for an A. That's do-able, right? :smile:
No worries now. It's all over - just study hard for the rest of the exams to come. Good luck!
Original post by ZoMcCartney
Me too. I'm not too worried as I got a decent grade last year, just wanted to bump it up a bit. It is just a little frustrating as I spent so much time trying to recap my knowledge on the course. I was so confident!
What went wrong?!

Hmm... I think it will go either way: it will either be high because most people taking it are all A2 chemistry students (so they expect us to do well), or it will be low because the questions were a bit more "alternative" the the past few years.
Looking back, most of the boundaries are around 57/58 for an A. That's do-able, right? :smile:
No worries now. It's all over - just study hard for the rest of the exams to come. Good luck!

yh, thanks and the same to you.. :smile:
any unofficial mark schemes?
Reply 13
Did anyone resit ch2? How did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending