The Student Room Group

Last minute revision Diary Entry

Hey! Decided to start this thread to invite you guys to my journey. I started my as level revision late- a day or two of revision before my AS exams. Since I started revision far too late as a whole, cycle begins repeat itself as there's no way to have an significant enough amount of revision time when you have other exams to worry about. So yeah, I completely messed up. And I was aiming to do Medicine. Bless my soul.

I study Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths. I took C1 and FP1 last week and looked up the unofficial mark scheme.
C1-B
FP1-D

Guess I'm not doing year 2 FM a level.

Anyway, I have my C2 tomorrow and Biology on Thursday. Chemistry on Friday and loads more exams after the holiday. I'm half way through Biology and haven't even started Chemistry.

I'll update you guys soon.

Also, please don't be foolish like me and do the things I'm doing- even if a miracle had happened and outcomes were good, don't risk it.

Scroll to see replies

Ok. So finished my C2 exams and i think i got a B. My mind went blank for some of the questions-even the easy one but i think i did ok. I just need work harder for last module which M1-which i suck at.

My aim is to get B in Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry and A in Biology. Don't think that's going to happen but a girl can dream right?

Also, i'm sleep-deprived right now and i am going to be working the whole night to revise for my Biology exam which is tomorrow.

Good Luck to you guys.
just wait until results day to find out you did even worse, because you been writing you exams as a sleep deprived zombie
Reply 3
Hey I'm doing Biology OCR A AS . What experiments do we need to know?

Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am doing the same exams as you , and oh God I do not feel ready for biology tomorrow at all. How do you revise?
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
just wait until results day to find out you did even worse, because you been writing you exams as a sleep deprived zombie

Thanks for the motivation!

Original post by mali473
Hey I'm doing Biology OCR A AS . What experiments do we need to know?Good luck!!Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Biology AS AQA Year 1. Sorry, thanks and GOOD LUCK.

Original post by LaylaM99
I am doing the same exams as you , and oh God I do not feel ready for biology tomorrow at all. How do you revise?

Takes a lot work. What i do is i walk all over my room, talking to myself as well as teaching it to myself as if i was explaining it to a class until i get the information into my head. Also, i made flashcards with questions i made myself based on facts on each topic and and information i might forget. Good luck.
Good luck!

I'm resitting biology 1 tomorrow (AQA old spec) and I've heard the new spec is a pain, hopefully you'll do well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by funkypineapple
Ok. So finished my C2 exams and i think i got a B. My mind went blank for some of the questions-even the easy one but i think i did ok. I just need work harder for last module which M1-which i suck at.

My aim is to get B in Maths, Further Maths and Chemistry and A in Biology. Don't think that's going to happen but a girl can dream right?

Also, i'm sleep-deprived right now and i am going to be working the whole night to revise for my Biology exam which is tomorrow.

Good Luck to you guys.

Same here man! Any revision tips ? I also have my as biology exam tomorrow
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by roheenahk
Same here man! Any revision tips ? I also have my as biology exam tomorrow

Like i said above, talking to yourself as if you're a teacher really happens. " Ok, so this is how Counter-Current system works...".

Also, write your own questions based on your notes, even the small details because they could come up as one or two markers.

Be physically active- revise while walking around.

And if you're feeling sleepy, go to sleep (set alarm if you want)- you will feel more alert and ready to learn.

That's my lazy way of studying. GOOD LUCK. Btw if you have AQA like me, we might as well revise for our retake as they are so damn specific with their answers based on a question which has multiple answers. My advice is to write every possible answer linked to the question-somehow get that in.
Pre-Biology exam. So stressed. I am suddenly overwhelmed by the fact that i will fail in the exam. I haven't even finished topic 4.

I really need to revise harder for the paper 2.
OK. It wasn't that bad but i waffled a bit and didn't use the correct terms- predicted grade-D for Biology. Also, i cried before my exam and realised i was so emotional because my period came- I KNEW I WASN'T SUCH A WEAK B*TCH.

Now studying for Chemistry.
Reply 11
OK. It wasn't that bad but i waffled a bit and didn't use the correct terms- predicted grade-D for Biology. Also, i cried before my exam and realised i was so emotional because my period came- I KNEW I WASN'T SUCH A WEAK B*TCH.

Now studying for Chemistry.

Is that OCR salters B chemistry?
Original post by Jowen12
Is that OCR salters B chemistry?

OCR Chemistry A Year 1. Are B easier?What's the difference between A and B?
Reply 13
OCR Chemistry A Year 1. Are B easier?What's the difference between A and B?

I'm not actually too sure, there's not much difference at all! The B exam is tomorrow morning too... Really don't feel too confident, what about you?
Original post by Jowen12
I'm not actually too sure, there's not much difference at all! The B exam is tomorrow morning too... Really don't feel too confident, what about you?

As you can read from the above post, i have only be revising less than 5 hours today. I'm not even passed module 3 yet and i have module 4 to do.

I'm going to f*ck this up really badly.
I got myself a 99p A*/A grade revision guide/notes of ebay and it covered my entire AS and A2 subjects and it was in note form so it was so easy to revise which made the courses so easy for me. The ebay sellers name is bargaindealsdev if you interested, you can enter it into google and it will come up and all their notes for a ton of subjects are all 99p. They also have other subjects which are good too :smile: Hope that helps
I was predicted Ds and managed to get straight 4A s in my AS. I took the same subjects as you aside from further maths, which I replaced with Geog.

It is very possible and you can do it. Don't give up
Original post by alevez2ez
I was predicted Ds and managed to get straight 4A s in my AS. I took the same subjects as you aside from further maths, which I replaced with Geog.

It is very possible and you can do it. Don't give up

Thanks for the motivation. I'm aiming for Bs right now so wish me luck.
So i have just fallen asleep on the floor for 3 hours to avoid studying Biology which i have on Tuesday. Love procrastination!
Panic is now settled in. FU*k

Quick Reply

Latest