The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

any predictions on what a 67 (give or take) would be????
how much do you need to get right in order to get a C grade?
Original post by Debruyne
is there another exam for maths in november

I believe so. However, it depends if your school/college will let you resit it.

Just try to do your best for the next paper. That way, you may not need to resit in November :-)
Original post by Emilin
I believe so. However, it depends if your school/college will let you resit it.

Just try to do your best for the next paper. That way, you may not need to resit in November :-)

ok thanks that really helps, good luck for paper 2
Original post by jessdstromberg
any predictions on what a 67 (give or take) would be????

Borderline A/B... Low A or High B, depending on the grade boundaries. Past papers (excluding June 2015, which was a bit of an anomaly) indicate that an A can range from 131 to 139 out of 200, (i.e. between 65.5 to 69.5 per paper).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Emilin
Borderline A/B... Low A or High B, depending on the grade boundaries. Past papers (excluding June 2015, which was a bit of an anomaly) indicate that an A can range from 131 to 139 out of 200, (i.e. between 65.5 to 69.5 per paper).

Ok Thankyou - if I got a solid A on the calc paper then do you think that'd even out to an A?
Original post by jessdstromberg
Ok Thankyou - if I got a solid A on the calc paper then do you think that'd even out to an A?

Hopefully! Just do your best! That's all you can do really :-)

Do you generally find the calculator paper easier than the non-calculator?
For the standard form question i forgot to times by 10 to get 7 x 10^8 - so i ended up with 0.7 x 10^9 would i get 1 mark for this?
Also on the last question, i got up to root 6 over 6 and then i divided it by 2 wrongly so my method was completely right up to there and then my method continued to be right after that just with one wrong number, how many marks out of 3 would i get?. Also i think i got 87 on the unofficial mark scheme would this be an a* or will they shoot up?
Original post by Emilin
Hopefully! Just do your best! That's all you can do really :-)

Do you generally find the calculator paper easier than the non-calculator?

Maths is one of those subjects which I can do well in in class but the pressure gets to me in exams! Yes I much prefer calculator so hopefully it'll all even out!
Original post by Zx12r1
is 85/100 an a*?

Yes
Original post by MehdiK24
You would not get full marks as the answer was 0.04. They could knock down one mark for part b as long as your answer to part a was correct

Yess omg i got 0.04 over a fraction! :redface:
x^2 = 4 ( X^2- 6x+9)
4x^2-x^2-24x+36=0
3x^2-24x+36=0
all devided by 3
x^2-8x-12=0
(x-6)(x-2)=0
x=6
x=2
Original post by Oasis61
Yes you'll defo get 1 but maybe 2

Really? Is that what method marks are? As I just crumbled mostly, like on all of them I did all working right like on the last question I knew how to find the areas but for some reason did 6xroot6 was root36 when it blatantly isn't. Gutted haha
Original post by MarcusJT
For Question 5 (Estimate 892 ÷ 18.9)
I got the answer 50 (lack of concentration) but now i know the real answer is 45. However because it is an estimate question would i get any marks since my answer was near the correct answer?

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that they would only award you marks for the only correct answer. You can still get the method marks, though, if your working out is correct. I may be wrong, though.
For Question 5 (Estimate 892 ÷ 18.9)
I got the answer 50 (lack of concentration) but now i know the real answer is 45. However because it is an estimate question would i get any marks since my answer was near the correct answer?

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that they would only award you marks for the only correct answer. You can still get the method marks, though, if your working out is correct. I may be wrong, though.
Can anyone guess what the predicted grade boundaries would be for that paper?
I put X = 4 for the X = 2 and X = 6 question, because I square rooted both sides of the equation??
Can anyone guess what the predicted grade boundaries would be for that paper?

I would say 80 for an A*, 65 for an A, 50 for a B. Ayyyyyee wkfdddddd
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jaspreetb
No, you're wrong, although both are divisible by 25, doing so would change the actual value of the end answer. The final answer is 100-25 pi

Hahaha. No, no it wouldn't.
Hi what topics do we revise for the edexcel higher tier calculator paper on Thursday 9th?
Please help.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending