The Student Room Group

I dislike myself for being nothing to him

You know how it is, feeling sorry for yourself, self pity, swollen eyes and every guy you meet may be good-looking but they're still not that special someone you long for but to them you are nothing.... absolutely nothing.

You can beg for them over text, post a hot selfie on Instagram, but they will never notice.

I'm at the 'I've been crying over him for a year and a bit, while begging for him over text' stage. BOY it's no fun.

Anyway the whole advice from people hasn't worked and I feel so pathetic and worthless. I just don't want to meet guys in that way ever again. In face I used to be so hopeful about love but he ruined it for me *sad tears*

How can I make him see that I want him?

All I do is pray that he'll like me again, like he did before. I was good enough.
Have you tried being direct and transparent with men?
But really what's the point?
I know you like him but your worth more, there's no point trying to force you two tone together
Why did you break up?
Reply 3
I'm so sorry. :frown:

Was he your first love?
Begging, beating yourself up and self pity is not a good look.
That boat has sailed, there are billions of people out there and some will be a lot better.

You shouldnt need approval of others to know your self worth. Self esteem and living your life well will make you a lot happier than pity parties. All it does is confirm to him he was right.

Very unhealthy approach you have so start making some positive changes for yourself and let go of the things that look backwards and do you no good.
Original post by noddycherry1
You know how it is, feeling sorry for yourself, self pity, swollen eyes and every guy you meet may be good-looking but they're still not that special someone you long for but to them you are nothing.... absolutely nothing.

You can beg for them over text, post a hot selfie on Instagram, but they will never notice.

I'm at the 'I've been crying over him for a year and a bit, while begging for him over text' stage. BOY it's no fun.

Anyway the whole advice from people hasn't worked and I feel so pathetic and worthless. I just don't want to meet guys in that way ever again. In face I used to be so hopeful about love but he ruined it for me *sad tears*

All I do is pray that he'll like me again, like he did before. I was good enough.

Now this is exactly what I'm talking about, you girls are always complaining about your boyfriend being a dirtbag, jerk, only with me for sex etc. But when considerate, affectionate guys approach you, you girls don't want to know. You girls have always and will always pick and give the time of day to some obnoxious dickhead over people who WILL show you love, Who WILL care for you and who WILL always be with you when you really need them the most. It's your own fault really, for favouring ********s over nice people. I am seriously ask yourself, how many times have you turned down a nice guy that's approached you, because you didn't like the look of him? Then and ONLY then will girls actually get a guy that gives a **** about them. And for Pete sake approach a guy every now and again, do we have to do ALL the bloody work? Just lay the first line on us and we'll take it from there, we can't read your minds, how will I know if you like me if you don't actually say something. Thank you.
Original post by DauntlessOne
Now this is exactly what I'm talking about, you girls are always complaining about your boyfriend being a dirtbag, jerk, only with me for sex etc. But when considerate, affectionate guys approach you, you girls don't want to know. You girls have always and will always pick and give the time of day to some obnoxious dickhead over people who WILL show you love, Who WILL care for you and who WILL always be with you when you really need them the most. It's your own fault really, for favouring ********s over nice people. I am seriously ask yourself, how many times have you turned down a nice guy that's approached you, because you didn't like the look of him? Then and ONLY then will girls actually get a guy that gives a **** about them. And for Pete sake approach a guy every now and again, do we have to do ALL the bloody work? Just lay the first line on us and we'll take it from there, we can't read your minds, how will I know if you like me if you don't actually say something. Thank you.

You sound like a niceguy.
Original post by TercioOfParma
You sound like a niceguy.

Sarcasm? Or are do you actually mean that? If so, thanks buddy, I didn't think I was.
Just ask him.

Posting a selfie to instagram literally says nothing to him direclty
Sarcasm? Or are do you actually mean that? If so, thanks buddy, I didn't think I was.

Go and google niceguy, no spaces

Know how hard being friendzoned can be for guys, imagine it must be soul-destroying for women.

hate to break it for you, but if you've known him for this long and nothing has happened, you just need to move the f*** on.

A lot of people go through the same thing - fixation and infatuation with a certain guy or girl, but when they move on and find someone else, they often realise their crush wasnt actually that great tbh, and it was just their lack of experience and emotional maturity that made them obsessed with them.

Try (as hard as it sounds) to think about something else and keep your mind occupied with productive things that can help you improve yourself. Pick up a hobby? (don't forget all the people around you who are actually there for you through thick and thin) and you will forget him in a jiffy. I promise :smile: Best of luck x

Remember this: No one is irreplaceable.

Except your family and maybe some friends :tongue:
Go and google niceguy, no spaces

Yeah, I don't think so mate.
Yeah, I don't think so mate.

Well, maybe you want to reread what you just wrote, since you seem like a textbook case.
Well, maybe you want to reread what you just wrote, since you seem like a textbook case.

What for telling it how it is? I don't think that makes someone a niceguy.
What for telling it how it is? I don't think that makes someone a niceguy.

Except what you wrote is exactly what a niceguy would say.

Well guys did this to me to, they didnt like the look of me so went with pretty girls who cheated on them. I have a good personality but
its totally dismissed.
Original post by indigofox
Well guys did this to me to, they didnt like the look of me so went with pretty girls who cheated on them. I have a good personality but
its totally dismissed.

join the club.

Quick Reply

Latest