The Student Room Group

Anybody work at Bluewater?

I recently got a job in Bluewater and I wanted to find out a few things about working there.

I was told by the Learning Shop that new employees get 4 weeks free travel on public transports and get a railcard entitling them to 1/3 off train travel. How do you apply for this because otherwise my train fare to work is £10!

What do you do during your lunchtime? Although there are a ton of shops there most things are quite expensive for the average student so where do you go?

Is it true that working at Bluewater entitles you to certain discounts as well?
Original post by Queue
I recently got a job in Bluewater and I wanted to find out a few things about working there.

I was told by the Learning Shop that new employees get 4 weeks free travel on public transports and get a railcard entitling them to 1/3 off train travel. How do you apply for this because otherwise my train fare to work is £10!

What do you do during your lunchtime? Although there are a ton of shops there most things are quite expensive for the average student so where do you go?

Is it true that working at Bluewater entitles you to certain discounts as well?

i live locally and know people who work there and well there are a few sections of stores somewhere
you can spend £50 like h, samuals and pandora
some for £500 like ernest jones and goldsmiths
other are closer to £5000 like montblanc, breitling and omega
and a few for even more than that say watchfinder one of the girls i know looked in there and found a rolex for £18,000 and a cartier for £9,000
Reply 2
Original post by jamesthehustler
i live locally and know people who work there and well there are a few sections of stores somewhere
you can spend £50 like h, samuals and pandora
some for £500 like ernest jones and goldsmiths
other are closer to £5000 like montblanc, breitling and omega
and a few for even more than that say watchfinder one of the girls i know looked in there and found a rolex for £18,000 and a cartier for £9,000

I am not looking to go shopping during lunch - that would result in me spending more money than I am earning for a day's shift! :O Like, where do people go - do most people just chill at the various cafes or at the food court?
Original post by Queue
I am not looking to go shopping during lunch - that would result in me spending more money than I am earning for a day's shift! :O Like, where do people go - do most people just chill at the various cafes or at the food court?

mot just went to mcdonalds day to day or nando's for a special occasion
Reply 4
Original post by jamesthehustler
mot just went to mcdonalds day to day or nando's for a special occasion

McDonald's for lunch sounds lovely! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending