The Student Room Group

Why its racist to vote YES in referendum

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FredOrJohn
I suspect it will be the Germans

Lmaoo you are either very pragmatic about social issues or...you really did read a TheGuardian article...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/24/leave-uk-brexit-german-london-human-rights

:\
Reply 21
Original post by 0to100
Lmaoo you are either very pragmatic about social issues or...you really did read a TheGuardian article...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/feb/24/leave-uk-brexit-german-london-human-rights

:\

..and he will be replaced by a Jamaican student saying the same thing.
Sad for him, happy days for the Jamaican.
..and he will be replaced by a Jamaican student saying the same thing.
Sad for him, happy days for the Jamaican.

The Jamaican student won't be saying this. They'll happily take the Eu migrants places.
Reply 23
Original post by 0to100
The Jamaican student won't be saying this. They'll happily take the Eu migrants places.

lol - you got that back to front...
lol - you got that back to front...

I just woke up after a hard nite so if I missed something..yea.
Reply 25
You know why Turkey will never get in.... Its nothing to do with economy etc etc, its probably way less corrupt than Bulgaria, its certainly a lot richer. Its just not "white" enough, in the sense of "wrong colour of religion".

You are so incredibly naive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
As a person from an immigrant background, vote leave.
Reply 27
Trade may be a large issue if we decide to leave the EU
Original post by Sfhkh
Trade may be a large issue if we decide to leave the EU

It will be an absolutely huge issue if we leave.
Reply 29
Original post by b.wldn
As a person from an immigrant background, vote leave.

I would suggest that is quite common.
Thanks for back me up on this issue.
The arguments for Britain leaving or remaining in the EU appear to mostly come from white indigenous British people.

Factoring out anything economic or anything that applies to almost everybody living in Britain, what are the advantages of the EU for people living in Britain of Commonwealth or non-European origin? Do these people have any interests in countries that they have almost nothing to do with, cannot speak the languages, and do not understand the cultures of the inhabitants? Their cultural and family connections are with non-EU countries. Many European countries are also racist and xenophobic to the point where they are inhospitable places for someone who is not white and not Christian or atheist.

I do not think that this is a subject that has been adequately discussed. If the referendum is a close call then the votes of black and Asian people could decide whether Britain leaves or stays in the EU. I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of New Commonwealth immigrants voted to leave the EU in the 1975 referendum.
Wtf does 'Yes' mean?

"Yes I want to leave" or

"Yes I want to remain?"
Wait will this have any effect upon Asians who have British citizenship?
There are a lot of Asians with British citizenship who will be voting for Britain to leave the EU. Their reasons may be different from those of Nigel Farage and certain 'right-wing' Tories but then the Brexit camp is very diverse.
I'm seated in the remain camp and I have no intention whatsoever of switching sides.

However I will say that there is no way you could possibly suggest that voting to leave is 'racist'. And if you are in the remain camp like me but using racism/racist as a 'buzzword' to try and shut someone's whole argument down - don't. It doesn't shut their argument down at all, it just makes you look like a tool who can't debate.
Reply 35
Original post by pizzanomics
I'm seated in the remain camp and I have no intention whatsoever of switching sides.

However I will say that there is no way you could possibly suggest that voting to leave is 'racist'. And if you are in the remain camp like me but using racism/racist as a 'buzzword' to try and shut someone's whole argument down - don't. It doesn't shut their argument down at all, it just makes you look like a tool who can't debate.

You cannot say that voting to leave or stay is racist, however you can say that both yes and no voters can have quasi racist reasons for voting the way they are.

Its more common place for obviously racist people to vote leave (not sure why) - perhaps someone who has studied this can explain. On the face of it, it is counter intuitive.
Large numbers of people of non-European origin who do not follow Christian religions have the potential to destabilise the white Christian project for people of European bloodlines that is the EU. Whether such people living in Britain will vote against membership of the EU in the referendum is a different matter.

There is a Muslim case for Brexit but I have not encountered any Hindu, Sikh, Chinese, or black cases for Brexit, unless one knows otherwise.

http://www.amuslimcaseforbrexit.org.uk/

I have wondered if the (rather hasty) admission of countries in eastern Europe in 2004 has anything to do with bulking up the white European population in the EU that was decreasing in several western European countries due to immigration from outside of Europe. What would happen to the EU if white European Christian and atheist people in Europe became a minority?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending