The Student Room Group

Blood

I constantly need to pee out blood but just before my penis hurts, I can't go doctors because they are closed and my parents are sleeping what do I do?
Original post by Anonymous
I constantly need to pee out blood but just before my penis hurts, I can't go doctors because they are closed and my parents are sleeping what do I do?

phone 111 for advice.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
phone 111 for advice.

Thanks! I drank 2 cups of water and the bleeding and excruciating pain has stopped, I went to the toilet again after a few hours there was no bleeding or pain, so I think I'm getting better hopefully
Thanks! I drank 2 cups of water and the bleeding and excruciating pain has stopped, I went to the toilet again after a few hours there was no bleeding or pain, so I think I'm getting better hopefully

I would say to at least book a GP appointment tomorrow, it might just be a UTI but better safe than sorry :yep:
Reply 4
Original post by homeland.lsw
I would say to at least book a GP appointment tomorrow, it might just be a UTI but better safe than sorry :yep:

Yes, it is UTI how did you know?
Yes, it is UTI how did you know?

I read that blood whilst urinating is a symptom, so I just made an assumption.
Reply 6
I read that blood whilst urinating is a symptom, so I just made an assumption.

Ohh ok, I was practically urinating for 2 hours straight
Ohh ok, I was practically urinating for 2 hours straight

Right, ok then. I think it's best to book that GP appointment tomorrow ASAP, so that they can prescribe some antibiotics.
Reply 8
Right, ok then. I think it's best to book that GP appointment tomorrow ASAP, so that they can prescribe some antibiotics.

Ok, thanks for you help! :smile:
You need antibiotics asap and to keep drinking lots (which seems cruel because it hurts, but it will help to keep things moving and stop the infection progressing through your urinary tract). Phone 111 if you are in too much pain, they will get you an out-of-hours GP appointment, and the same if you start getting lower back pain as this can be a sign that the infection is in your kidneys.
Original post by Charlotte49
You need antibiotics asap and to keep drinking lots (which seems cruel because it hurts, but it will help to keep things moving and stop the infection progressing through your urinary tract). Phone 111 if you are in too much pain, they will get you an out-of-hours GP appointment, and the same if you start getting lower back pain as this can be a sign that the infection is in your kidneys.

Ah, alright thanks, have you experienced this before? Or do you go med school?
Ah, alright thanks, have you experienced this before? Or do you go med school?

I'm a final year nursing student. I've had UTIs before but not with blood.
Original post by Charlotte49
I'm a final year nursing student. I've had UTIs before but not with blood.

Oh ok, thanks for your help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest