The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by toetothunder
so do you write them as separate paragraphs or integrate them into an existing evaluation paragraph?

I do tend to write them as separate paragraphs. I'm not sure if there is a correct way of doing it, but that's how I do it.

For instance, if there's a study that supports or contradicts the A01, then I'll do a paragraph on that. But, if that same study also raises an IDA point, rather than integrating the IDA with the support/contradict paragraph, I'll do another paragraph starting like:

"Furthermore, the findings of "researcher et al (xxxx)" show that this theory may have real world applications....."

BUT, I honestly don't know about how we'd do it if we wanted to combine two IDA points, or even just do one and briefly touch on another if there's a link.

Speaking of, does anyone think there's a slight similarity between "Nature-nurture" and "determinism"? I'm not sure how I'd go about doing a nature-nurture IDA.
Original post by A-LJLB
It's recommended you do 1 or 2 per essay.

Just out of interest, how many essays did you learn today because I saw you mention you were starting today? :smile:
Reply 922
It's hit me that my memory isn't good enough to memorise all of my essays in time so how do I revise now?:colondollar::biggrin:
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Just out of interest, how many essays did you learn today because I saw you mention you were starting today? :smile:

Hey! Unfortunately I couldn't as I had to look after my brother, and trust me revising with a hyperactive four year old isn't easy! However I am starting right now so I'll let you know :smile:
Original post by evekay
It's hit me that my memory isn't good enough to memorise all of my essays in time so how do I revise now?:colondollar::biggrin:

Definitely start with the most likely for each topic you're doing. So do the most likely for all three, then the second most likely for all three, then third etc
Reply 925
Original post by A-LJLB
Definitely start with the most likely for each topic you're doing. So do the most likely for all three, then the second most likely for all three, then third etc

that's what i was planning! But like i feel like i've just hit a brick wall in terms of how to revise... how are you doing it? memorising essays? mind maps? flash cards? past papers? i dunno which one is the best:frown:
Original post by evekay
that's what i was planning! But like i feel like i've just hit a brick wall in terms of how to revise... how are you doing it? memorising essays? mind maps? flash cards? past papers? i dunno which one is the best:frown:

Simply memorising my essays that I have written! Have you written your essays?
Reply 927
Original post by A-LJLB
Simply memorising my essays that I have written! Have you written your essays?

i have written them all yes! I started to memorise one the other day but it took me literally ages to memorise even one paragraph so i just gave up haha:colondollar:

how are you memorising them? because ideally i would memorise mine i just don't know how to do it efficiently!
Original post by evekay
i have written them all yes! I started to memorise one the other day but it took me literally ages to memorise even one paragraph so i just gave up haha:colondollar:

how are you memorising them? because ideally i would memorise mine i just don't know how to do it efficiently!

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but in this case it actually helps as I keep "perfecting" my essays by going over them and tweaking them, and in turn I learn the essay as I keep going over it. When I'm *finally* happy with it, I'll just write out the paragraphs until I feel confident that I can reproduce the essay to a very high standard in the exam!
Reply 929
Original post by A-LJLB
I'm a bit of a perfectionist, but in this case it actually helps as I keep "perfecting" my essays by going over them and tweaking them, and in turn I learn the essay as I keep going over it. When I'm *finally* happy with it, I'll just write out the paragraphs until I feel confident that I can reproduce the essay to a very high standard in the exam!

i am too! thank you so much, I'll try that again when I start revising properly tomorrow. Can i ask how long it takes you roughly to memorise each essay?
Reply 930
Anyone doing biorhythms- have you written essays for ultradian rhythms or exogenous zietgebers?
Could anyone who does addiction please advise me! I have realised there are often 10mark questions purely AO2/AO3 such as the 2015 one on risk factors. I don't understand how I can do the entire q as AO2/AO3 if in identifying and explaining the risk factors I am doing AO1 I am seriously lost here..
Original post by eloiserosalie
Could anyone who does addiction please advise me! I have realised there are often 10mark questions purely AO2/AO3 such as the 2015 one on risk factors. I don't understand how I can do the entire q as AO2/AO3 if in identifying and explaining the risk factors I am doing AO1 I am seriously lost here..

What makes you think this is AO2/AO3 only? If you're talking about Dan and the slot machines, you just need to use AO1 knowledge to identify the risk factors and explain why these are making him want to play more -eg peer pressure or stress meaens he wants to fit in or is self-medicating etc etc. You can back this up with studies which show how these factors increase your susceptibility but you don't need any IDAs or evaluative points.
Reply 933
Original post by mrgan
Anyone doing biorhythms- have you written essays for ultradian rhythms or exogenous zietgebers?

Yeah, well I only done an outlining of sleep stages for ultradian. I can use this as A01 if the question is "discuss ultradian rhythms" or if it asks for "discuss the nature of sleep". But, I don't know what to do as evaluation for outline of sleep stages. All I see from my class notes and textbook is about studies on REM sleep and dreaming.

As for exogenous zeitgebers, I did an essay about the role of endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers in regulating circadian rhythms. I don't know how I'd write an essay about circadian rhythms other than discussing the roles of endogenous vs exogenous factors. For instance, if it asks "discuss research into circadian rhythms", not really sure how I'd go about it
Original post by Bekah22
What makes you think this is AO2/AO3 only? If you're talking about Dan and the slot machines, you just need to use AO1 knowledge to identify the risk factors and explain why these are making him want to play more -eg peer pressure or stress meaens he wants to fit in or is self-medicating etc etc. You can back this up with studies which show how these factors increase your susceptibility but you don't need any IDAs or evaluative points.

As the mark scheme specifies it is only a02/a03 and also the 8 a01 marks have been taken up by the previous questions so it must be ao2/3 only. Thank you, I just confuses me that there are no ao1 marks yet i have to use ao1 to identify the risk etc but I think you're right as in the main bit is to include ida and studies
Anyone have any question predictions for the unit 3 paper for eating behaviour, relationships and gender? :smile:
Reply 936
Original post by BethM98
Anyone have any question predictions for the unit 3 paper for eating behaviour, relationships and gender? :smile:

For gender: could be biosocial, genes and hormones, or evolutionary. but i have a gut feeling it could also be gender schema or gender constancy
my teacher said it was likely to be formation, breakdown, sexual selection or culture for relationships, and then emphasised genes and hormones and evolutionary explanations both have never been asked before so there's a high likelihood one of them will come up too!
Original post by eloiserosalie
As the mark scheme specifies it is only a02/a03 and also the 8 a01 marks have been taken up by the previous questions so it must be ao2/3 only. Thank you, I just confuses me that there are no ao1 marks yet i have to use ao1 to identify the risk etc but I think you're right as in the main bit is to include ida and studies

For this type of question, ao2/3 also refers to ao1 points that have been contextualised
Reply 939
Is it possible an essay on gender dysphoria would come up?

Latest

Trending

Trending