The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Exactly. What are they supposed to do sit back and watch someone die?

At the end of the day it's a Gorilla. Just get a new one.

Yeah if it was my kid I'd get the staff to a 360 no scope on that Gorilla. I wouldn't be calling for no tranquilizers dart on a animal that could lash out suddenly. Liability was completely with the Zoo anyway.

I feel people generally put too much value on the lives of pets and animals. It's a western thing I guess
Gorilla genetics amaze me. 180kilos of solid muscle mass and all they eat is kale.

Damn.
Thoughts on the best track on Views being Still Here/Faithful ?

Can't stop listening to these :frown:
Original post by sr90

:biggrin:
Original post by sr90

That's a lifeform you're talking about, something which has as much right to live on this planet as us.

Tranquillisers should have been used if possible.

The only really opinion I have on it is that the parent should have to answer some serious questions.
Original post by zKlown
That's a lifeform you're talking about, something which has as much right to live on this planet as us.

The only really opinion I have on it is that the parent should have to answer some serious questions.

This is a male silverback gorilla we are talking about. Gorrillas understand emotion just as well as humans do. Tranquelising the gorilla would have risked the child getting hurt (it was literally holding onto the kid.... I mean just look at lions or wild chimpanzees that get tranquelised and see how violent they get after they get hit).

They made the right choice to shoot it however it is unfortunate that such a remarkable species had to lose its life. The parents do have questions to answer though, I agree.
Original post by zKlown

Tranquillisers should have been used if possible

and watch the child probably get killed before they take effect?
The zoo requires questioning as to how the **** it was possible
The parents should face questioning for how the **** the child was allowed to get in there
Original post by sr90

yep, they've already explained why they didn't use tranquilisers, would take too long to kick in. Needed to be stopped there and then.
Original post by Angry cucumber
The zoo requires questioning as to how the **** it was possible

This, no idea how a 4 year old can just wander into a Gorilla enclosure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zayn is Bae
This, no idea how a 4 year old can just wander into a Gorilla enclosure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The child should be taken into care, as the parents are obviously incapable of looking after it.
Reply 4331
From the video, it seemed like the parent was the one recording? Either that or the parent was really close to the person who was recording.
Original post by sr90

Good point.

Other point still stands.
Original post by zKlown

The parents are absolute morons, but suggesting tranquilizers is equally as moronic because they take half an hour to kick in.

Like Sr said, get a new one.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
The parents are absolute morons, but suggesting tranquilizers is equally as moronic because they take half an hour to kick in.

Like Sr said, get a new one.

God bless your soul
Original post by zKlown
God bless your soul

Are you genuinely advocating for the life of a bloody gorilla to take priority over a child?

Original post by swirly

Probably feel that their opinions are credible after watching George of the Jungle.
Original post by zKlown

You've had a mare tbh zeddy.

Humans are the dominant species on this planet and - whether it's right or wrong - our lives will always be viewed as more important than that of an animal.

Tranquillisers wouldn't have worked and the risk wouldn't have been taken anyway. If it were your kid I doubt you'd have the view you have here.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Probably feel that their opinions are credible after watching George of the Jungle.

disappointed you didn't say Jungle 2 Jungle:redface: