The Student Room Group

Medicine: You know what I'm going to say

Scroll to see replies

I really wanna go to Cambridge and I feel the same way, it's really upsetting. I think I messed up quite badlyon my chemistry exam 😢

If you think you've done badly so far the only thing you can do is carry on working hard and try your best for any exams you have left. Maybe you're just being too critical of yourself and you might be surprised on results day! Good luck!!
(edited 7 years ago)
You could do a foundation year in biology and chemistry at another uni then do medicine. You may have also done a lot better than you think I thought I'd literally failed biology as and came out with an A 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anoonymoose
So, after having took half of my exams last week for AS, I have a really bad feeling that I am getting a C/D or worst case an E.
This has disheartened me in doing something I am ambitious about, now I just see it as a dream I cant chase, I just don't know where to go from here...

(smh, I had to create an account for this xD)

IDK...but I know someone who did podiatry with E,C,D without a gap year and post that now he's becoming a surgeon why don't you try that route ??!?!??
Original post by Christie_xx
I really wanna go to Cambridge and I feel the same way, it's really upsetting. I think I messed up quite badlyon my chemistry exam 😢

If you think you've done badly so far the only thing you can do is carry on working hard and try your best for any exams you have left. Maybe you're just being too critical of yourself and you might be surprised on results day! Good luck!!

That chem exam was quite bad for me too! :frown:
I really hope we did better than we think we did, but my gut feeling about these exams isn't good

Thanks! and you! I'll definitely try the best I can
Original post by Hollyht
You could do a foundation year in biology and chemistry at another uni then do medicine. You may have also done a lot better than you think I thought I'd literally failed biology as and came out with an A 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile

this gives me hope
Original post by shazia1998
IDK...but I know someone who did podiatry with E,C,D without a gap year and post that now he's becoming a surgeon why don't you try that route ??!?!??

I never thought about that! Thanks
Original post by anoonymoose
It's a B/C in most cases but competition is tough, people who apply mainly have got A/A*s
DONT let it bring you down though! I'm sure you've got a shot!
Good luck!
:smile:

thanks
Reply 27
Have you looked at Biomedical science as an alternative?? You could maybe do that instead or retake the year??

Quick Reply

Latest